I think I committed a Thoughtcrime today

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
I found this really nice 1973 Marlin Original Golden 39-A lever-action .22 rifle at a garage sale Sunday. I gave $150
bucks for it. I'm already going to hell for buying a gun on Sunday and virtually raping the old goober that sold it to
me, but that was his asking price. So after disassembling it, cleaning it, and oiling it yesterday, I took it to the range
today to sight it in. I also checked my Interarms AKM to make sure it was on paper at 100 meters.

tp1.jpg

tp2.jpg

So when I got done at the range, I picked my wife up at work. She wanted to go to Wally World for a couple things so
while she was shopping, I patiently waited outside like a good husband. And lo and behold, what did I see there? A magnificent array of pumpkins, doing their best Donald J. Trump imitation, and screaming at me "Shoot me....shoot me..." Now God knows I love that magnificent SOB Donald J. Trump (no homo intended) but the very sight of that potential shooting gallery set up in front of Wally World was to say the least, alluring. How can anyone who's been a gun guy for most of his life truly resist the urge to unholster his Glock 19 and send a few pumpkins to their eternal destiny? It was
hard, I tell ya. I actually broke out in a sweat and felt an itchiness in my right index finger, as those infernal pumpkins
leered at me and taunted my with their cries of "Shoot us....shoot us..."

But thankfully, my better senses took control of me and I politely forsook their taunting challenge, and patiently waited in the car like a good husband.

Pictures of the aforesaid shooting gallery pumpkins...

tp3.jpg

tp4.jpg

Disclaimer: The thread above is purely fictional. I do not condone any type of irresponsible firearms use, nor do I condone shooting pumpkins in public. So there.

I found this really nice 1973 Marlin Original Golden 39-A lever-action .22 rifle at a garage sale Sunday. I gave $150
bucks for it. I'm already going to hell for buying a gun on Sunday and virtually raping the old goober that sold it to
me, but that was his asking price. So after disassembling it, cleaning it, and oiling it yesterday, I took it to the range
today to sight it in. I also checked my Interarms AKM to make sure it was on paper at 100 meters.

View attachment 547897

View attachment 547898

So when I got done at the range, I picked my wife up at work. She wanted to go to Wally World for a couple things so
while she was shopping, I patiently waited outside like a good husband. And lo and behold, what did I see there? A magnificent array of pumpkins, doing their best Donald J. Trump imitation, and screaming at me "Shoot me....shoot me..." Now God knows I love that magnificent SOB Donald J. Trump (no homo intended) but the very sight of that potential shooting gallery set up in front of Wally World was to say the least, alluring. How can anyone who's been a gun guy for most of his life truly resist the urge to unholster his Glock 19 and send a few pumpkins to their eternal destiny? It was
hard, I tell ya. I actually broke out in a sweat and felt an itchiness in my right index finger, as those infernal pumpkins

But thankfully, my better senses took control of me and I politely forsook their taunting challenge, and patiently waited in the car like a good husband.

View attachment 547900

View attachment 547902

Disclaimer: The thread above is purely fictional. I do not condone any type of irresponsible firearms use, nor do I condone shooting pumpkins in public. So there.

No decent American buys their pumpkin at Wal-Mart.

I once had a guy offer me a 1965 Fender Jazzmaster, in Lake Placid Blue, for $750. At the time, the value of the guitar was around $12,000 and climbing.

Had the guy not been a friend of my Dad's, I probably would've done the deal, since that was the price he wanted. I felt the better way to go was to let him know its true value...

is it accurate ?
Sighted in at 50 yards, but hit rocks at 200 yards because of the ranging reticle in the different scope I put on it. Pretty darned accurate, but it might have a weak extractor. Once in awhile the empty shell would stick in the chamber. But hell, that gun is worth somewhere around $800. Not a bad deal.

No decent American buys their pumpkin at Wal-Mart.

I once had a guy offer me a 1965 Fender Jazzmaster, in Lake Placid Blue, for $750. At the time, the value of the guitar was around $12,000 and climbing.

Had the guy not been a friend of my Dad's, I probably would've done the deal, since that was the price he wanted. I felt the better way to go was to let him know its true value...

Fuck me. I'd give my left nut for a '65 Jazzmaster. Run that puppy through a hundred watt Twin Reverb with four 6L6 tubes and it would be screamin'.

Guitar spoken here. :04:

I have one too. Very accurite, you'll love it. Beware the pumpkin police.

View attachment 547897

View attachment 547898

View attachment 547900

View attachment 547902

You're a bigger man than I am. Those pumpkins were begging, and I would have obliged

View attachment 547897

View attachment 547898

View attachment 547900

View attachment 547902

DANG! A man with some discipline! I admire that.

And yes, you did commit a thought crime. The police are on their way right now.

And yes, I would have been tempted to make a few leaky pumpkins.

View attachment 547897

View attachment 547898

View attachment 547900

View attachment 547902

If you told him it was worth $800 and and he said take it for $150 anyway, that's cool.

View attachment 547897

View attachment 547898

View attachment 547900

View attachment 547902

Gawd, you are so funny! :rofl:

Who would have thunk a conservative could have a sense of humor? :dunno:

Thanks for the good chuckle!

A .22 on target at better than 300 ft? Sounds like fiction to me.
Who said it was on target? I used to shoot 22's at hundreds of yards and I had to raise the front sight completely out of the rear sight to get close. Rookie status confirmed. Hell I was hitting a floating Styrofoam cooler lid at 200 yards with my 22 magnum pistol. You just have to know how to shoot. Lol.

A .22 on target at better than 300 ft? Sounds like fiction to me.

Holdover. The scope I put on it has a rangefinding reticle like the one below. Sighted in at 50 yards with the center crosshairs, the line below it was close at 100 yards. You know that a .22 LR will travel up to a mile, right?

opplanet-osprey-rangefinding-reticle.jpg

Fuck me. I'd give my left nut for a '65 Jazzmaster. Run that puppy through a hundred watt Twin Reverb with four 6L6 tubes and it would be screamin'.

Guitar spoken here. :04:

Twin Reverb was 85 watts, not 100...

Forum List

Back