Found this old Joe Biden Special at a garage sale for $20

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
There were some hippies in town who were having a garage sale. I asked them if they had any guns and the guy brought this out. He wanted $50 but I got him down to $20.

It's a SxS is a Belgian-made J. Pire & Co.12 gauge, that was probably made around the turn of the century. It doesn't appear to have a Damascus twist or laminated barrel but it also doesn't have the lion over the "PV" proofmark, which would indicate that it was made for smokeless powder...

pire%20shotgun1.jpg

pire%20shotgun2.jpg

pire%20shotgun3.jpg

pire%20shotgun4.jpg

pire%20shotgun5.jpg

pire%20shotgun6.jpg

pire%20shotgun7.jpg

pire%20shotgun8.jpg

pire%20shotgun9.jpg

Ya reckon she'll go kaboom? No guts, no glory: Let's give her a try. I tied her down to a bench out back with some paracord, and put a rope on the trigger...

pire%20shotgun9a.jpg

pire%20shotgun9b.jpg

pire%20shotgun9c.jpg

pire%20shotgun9d.jpg

pire%20shotgun9e.jpg

Just to be safe, I fired it from behind a piece of plywood..

pire%20shotgun9f.jpg

Well what do you know? Five rounds of Remington Peters high-brass 12 gauge through each barrel, and it didn't "hand-grenade" on me. Of course, the shell ejector has a problem, so I had to push the empty hulls out with a stick...

pire%20shotgun9g.jpg

Even so, this is pretty much a wall-hangar, and I won't be shooting it off the balcony or through any doors like JB said to do.. Not a bad deal for $20, though.

:thup: JGalt, You my cyber phriend are a man that knows how to spend an afternoon... Congrats on finding a tremendous buy... Damn Hippies anyway... :auiqs.jpg:

Just doin' my civic duty. That's one more gun off the streets and out of the hands of a potential violator. :biggrin:

Forum List

Back