Found out who robbed the neighbors. Is it legal to ask them for some of what was stolen?

deanrd

Gold Member
May 8, 2017
What do you think?

I found out who robbed the neighbors.

So I asked them if I could have some of what they stole?

There was a lamp I liked.

And some really nice dishes.

They already had a couple of TV's. So I asked for the TV they stole.

Now I didn't steal any of this stuff. So it is illegal if someone gives it to me as a gift? How about if I buy it from them? Is that illegal?

Is me asking for some of that stuff illegal?

What do you think?

It depends on the legal concept.
Does the law require returning the items because they still belong to the owners?
Does the law require enumeration because the items are considered lost?

Instead of going to the police, regressive posts on a message board saying how he wants some of the loot and how he can get it.

• Banned
What about if someone I knew bought the stolen property and then gave me some. Would that be OK. I didn't steal it and I didn't get it from the person who stole it. But I knew it was stolen and from whom. So is that OK?

What about if someone I knew bought the stolen property and then gave me some. Would that be OK. I didn't steal it and I didn't get it from the person who stole it. But I knew it was stolen and from whom. So is that OK?
Possession of stolen property? What the heck!

It is illegal to receive stolen property...

• Banned
Instead of going to the police, regressive posts on a message board saying how he wants some of the loot and how he can get it.
I was, and am, hoping this is a theoretical question.
No, of course it's not theoretical. We are seeing it on the news.

Hillary Clinton's and the Democrat's emails were stolen.

The Trump campaign asked if they could have them.

So is that legal or not?

Why would it be legal or illegal for me? And if it's legal or illegal for me, why not for them?

So is that legal or not?

Why would it be legal or illegal for me? And if it's legal or illegal for me, why not for them?
Law enforcement has access to stolen virtual data.
And it's a copy.
I was hoping your IQ was headed north of zero.

So is that legal or not?

You should have said, "My neighbor had some evidence of his crimes stolen, is it okay for me to ask for some of that evidence, so my neighbor's crimes can be exposed and punished?"

So is that legal or not?

You should have said, "My neighbor had some evidence of his crimes stolen, is it okay for me to ask for some of that evidence, so my neighbor's crimes can be exposed and punished?"
I had the motive, the opportunity and I blew it.

What do you think?

Now I didn't steal any of this stuff. So it is illegal if someone gives it to me as a gift? How about if I buy it from them? Is that illegal?

What do you think?

How about what we KNOW. That's the problem with you anyway, you don't know how to think.

9 Things You Should Know About Receiving Stolen Property
Penal Code Section 496

9 Things You Should Know About Receiving Stolen Property | PC 496 | Aizman Law Firm

What do you think?

What do you think?
The punchline of this story is "Republicans"

Is this about Hillary selling uranium?

What do you think?

What do you think?
The punchline of this story is "Republicans"

I thought the punchline was, "most qualified candidate to ever run for President"?

It is still possession of stolen property. That's a crime itself. Especially if you know it's stolen.

Forum List

Back