for those who do not believe in god.......

I love how the wingnuts expect other to take something that makes no sense, logic, or even contain any fact as truth ...

Actually, it makes perfect sense, is full of logic, and you cannot prove one thing in the Bible is a lie. I can, however, prove fact after fact after fact, including many discoveries which were decried as falsehoods for generations and are, guess what, true after all.

That makes you the liar, dear.

Allie ... we already went in this circle, yes many of us have proven most of the christian bible (and many others) to be fabricated and completely wrong about most stories, but you (and others like you) just ignored all the facts while the smart ones just said the smart thing "I don't care I'll believe what I want" instead of trying to deny science.

Actually, no, you haven't, which is why you don't go into detail. You have theories which are less feasible than any information in the bible.

Prove a biblical lie. One. Go ahead. You can't do it, except by reverting to theory.

I however, can provide reams of archaeological evidence which support the bible.

Carry on.

Actually, no, you haven't, which is why you don't go into detail. You have theories which are less feasible than any information in the bible.

Prove a biblical lie. One. Go ahead. You can't do it, except by reverting to theory.

I however, can provide reams of archaeological evidence which support the bible.

Carry on.

:doubt: Like banging my head against a brick wall ...

There is no real archaeological evidence to support most of your bible, again though, posting real links to hard facts is pointless, we already have, many people have, and you just dismissed them outright and often without even clicking on them. Anything you have posted comes only from religious nutjobs who have all been proven wrong by other sources many times. Never trust a person of blind faith to prove their belief is true, because the blind faith will prevent them from ever learning more than what they already believe.

How come there's shows all the time on History, Nat.Geo.and Discovery channels where archeologists find ruins of city's that correspond to descriptions in the bible?

How come there's shows all the time on History, Nat.Geo.and Discovery channels where archeologists find ruins of city's that correspond to descriptions in the bible?

Again ... you really don't pay attention to them or you wouldn't state such ignorance, and of course my obligatory: It's on TV so it MUST be true!

Lies, lies, all lies. Because, you see, the Bible is a lie!

Lol.

And National Geo. and Discovery are essentially run by non-believers. Kinda funny, huh?

Carry on.

There is no real archaeological evidence to support most of your bible, again though, posting real links to hard facts is pointless, we already have, many people have, and you just dismissed them outright and often without even clicking on them. Anything you have posted comes only from religious nutjobs who have all been proven wrong by other sources many times. Never trust a person of blind faith to prove their belief is true, because the blind faith will prevent them from ever learning more than what they already believe.

You have yet to prove that anything in the Bible is a lie. Yet you keep repeating the mantra. You think if you repeat it enough it will make it true.

Sorry. Not so. The truth is the truth, and the truth is, you have no evidence of any lies in the Bible. Nothing. Which is why you have never posted evidence of Biblical lies, despite your lies to the contrary.

If something springs to mind, feel free to post it now.

Carry on.

You have yet to prove that anything in the Bible is a lie. Yet you keep repeating the mantra. You think if you repeat it enough it will make it true.

Sorry. Not so. The truth is the truth, and the truth is, you have no evidence of any lies in the Bible. Nothing. Which is why you have never posted evidence of Biblical lies, despite your lies to the contrary.

One simple one then ... we'll try one last time and see how well you prove my point.
jewish slavery in egypt as told in exodus « Chillin’ At The Cabstand

One simple one then ... we'll try one last time and see how well you prove my point.
jewish slavery in egypt as told in exodus « Chillin’ At The Cabstand

Wrong. They have found evidence of a Jewish settlement in ancient Egypt, exactly where the Bible said they were, and in addition, have found evidence of Jews settled in the desert in the period of time when the Bible says so.

PS...blog sources are shit.
In an article entitled, "Egypt and the Palestinian Connection in the Second Millennium BC," Dr. Manfred Bietak (Egyptologist and head of the Austrian Institute of Archaeology) gives the following summary of the relationship between Egypt and inhabitants of Canaan (Palestine) around the time of the Exodus:

After the interlude of the First Intermediate Period (2200-1970 BC) Egypt started its contacts with Palestine. Mercantile relations were only interrupted from the Second Part of the 12th dynasty onwards (ca. 1900-1800 BC). This can be assessed by imports within the stratigraphy of Ezbet Rushdi and Egyptian exports to Tel Ifshar. It seems that during the late 12th dynasty the Egyptian crown granted liberal access to the town of Tell el-Dab'a (Eastern Nile Delta) which seems to have become something like a free trading town, otherwise the marked increase of settlers of Syro-Palestinian origin in the size of approx. 25,000 inhabitants cannot be explained. Whilst trading links with the Northern Levant (Byblos) dominated, during the Second Intermediate Period the main Egyptian trading partners were situated in Palestine. Finally a local dynasty appeared at Avaris/Tell el-Dab'a which took from ca. 1640-1530 BC control over all of Egypt. They are known as Hyksos. They also controlled a part of Palestine. Relations with Palestine flourished at this time. After the expulsion of the Hyksos by the Egyptian 18th dynasty, the major part of Palestine remained independent till Thutmosis III and the battle of Megiddo (ca. 1459 BC)."

(ref: "International Palestine Symposium" Article at: http://w07sfb.sfb.oeaw.ac.at/sciem2000/ajjul/PalSymp05.html)

It is usally understood that the "Hyksos" invaders, who finally gained temporary control of Egypt from about 1720 B.C. until 1570 B.C., were various immigrant Semitics from Palestine (Canaan), Assyrians, and Amalekites, many of whom originally had a nomadic lifestyle or were driven to Egypt by bad agricultural conditions. Some of the Hyksos were peaceful immigrants who moved into Egypt for many years, while others acted more like "invaders," exhibiting more violent behavior, such as the pillaging of some Egyptian villages.

(ref: "Hebrew Peoples in Egypt" at: Hebrew Peoples in Egypt)
(ref: "Who Were the Hyksos" by Troy Fox, in Tour Egypt website, at: Who Were the Hyksos)
The Hebrews (Israelites) were also nomadic Semitics, and may well have been considered to be a part of the various "Hyksos" immigrant peoples, who lived mostly in northern Egypt for hundreds of years. --Thus, Dr. Bietak gives us an outline which gives room --in broad brush-strokes-- for the arrival, presence and the influence of Hebrews among the immigrant "Hyksos" Asiatics in Egypt. This outline also indicates the eventual expulsion of the Hyksos from the land during the Egyptian 18th daynasty. Such expulsion may generally describe a series of Semitic "Exodus" events which would possibly include the Hebrews.

In 1966, Manfred Bietak --head of the Austrian Institute

The Exodus of Moses: Archaeology Verifies The Bible
PASSIA: Palestinian Academic Society for the Study of International Affairs - Jerusalem
IBSS - Biblical Archaeology - Evidence of the Exodus from Egypt
JewishPost.com - Jewish Life in Ancient Egypt at Brooklyn Museum of Art

"In 1966, Manfred Bietak --head of the Austrian Institute of Archaeology-- excavated ruins at Avaris (Tel el-Dab'a) in the Nile Delta, and discovered a settlement of "Asiatics," which is a term that Egyptians used for people from Canaan/Palestine. The inhabitants of Tel el-Dab'a were not Egyptians, but were Semitic Canaanites. They were of the Syro-Palestinian Middle Bronze Age Culture, and none of the remains are Egyptian. Significantly, the U-shaped floor-plans, and the walls of their buildings are exactly like those later constructed by the Hebrews in Israel. In addition, their burial methods were different than the Egyptians. This particular Semitic settlement at Tel el-Dab'a had a population of about 30,000 people, and is dated as being from the Late Hyksos or the early 18th Dynasty of Egypt. This time would be not long after the time of Joseph (see Genesis chapters 37-50) --perhaps somewhere around 1500 BC.

(ref: "The Exodus Revealed," Docu-Video, Discovery Media Prod., 2002)
In Genesis 46:27 we read that when Joseph's family immigrated to Egypt (because of famine), there were only 70 people involved in the move --however, the families of Jacob and Joseph surely intermarried with other Asiatics who fled the famine, and by the time the Semites were established well enough to have built cities with walls, there was a population of almost 30,000 in Tel el-Dab'a. --There may have been other Semitic cities as well.

Thus, we have direct archaeological evidence of the presence of at least several tens of thousands of Semites with Hebrew culture established in cities in the Nile Delta around the very time that the Bible says the Hebrews were there.
As a way of "bragging" about their slaves, there are 18th dynasty wall-painting insciptions in Egyptian tombs which show such Semitic slaves from Canaan (the home-land of the Hebrews) making bricks out of mud and straw, with stick-wielding taskmasters forcing them to work --and the biblical account states the very same thing: The Hebrews labored as slaves in the making of "bricks" out of mud and straw. Such inscriptions are found in the tomb of Rekhmire, who was the vizier of pharaoh Thutmose III in the mid-1400s BC. --Professor Hoffmeier adds, "It is worth noting, that the practice of using forced labor for building projects is only documented for the period 1450 to 1200, the very time most biblical historians place the Israelites in Egypt."
--Thus, it so happens that at the time the Hebrews would have been enslaved, there are actually Egyptian inscriptions to verify the fact.
(ref. "Did the Exodus Never Happen?" by K.D.Miller, Christianity Today, Sept.7, 1998, p.48)

Possibly much more significant is a line from the "Leiden Papyrus 348," which dates from the time of Ramesses II. It has orders that food be given to "the Apiru who are dragging stones to the great pylon" which was part of some unspecified construction.

(ref: J.K.Hoffmeier, Israel in Egypt, New York/Oxford U.Press, 1997, p.112-114)

--The word "Apiru" meant a "state-less" individual, and many scholars think it was used to refer to the Hebrews --and indeed, Dr. Frank Moore Cross of Harvard University directly says that "the term 'Apiru' is the origin of the term Hebrew."
--The Apiru (Hebrews) were being employed as slaves in Egypt.

(ref: "The Exodus Revealed," Docu-Video, Discovery Media Prod., 2002)

Case in point. You are countering with skewed views and expect anyone to take them more seriously.

Also, you do remember what my religious belief is and what one culture I have studied extensively. All that evidence you posted is circumstantial and most of it proven wrong with recent digs and records on the tombs uncovered. the biggest problem is they weren't "slaves", they were servants. The mistranslation of words has happened a lot in the past (such as Anpu being translated to "Anubis" or Ria translated as "Rah" just for two such commonly used words). They treated their servants better than anything they owned, for a house of ugly servants was a poorly kept house.

Skewed views? From Manfred Bietak, Egyptologist and head of the Austrian Institute of Archaeology?

From J.K. Hoffmaier of New York/Oxford U. Press?

So give us a "good" source, and some "real" facts.

Because so far you've provided zero except some blog musings.

Skewed views? From Manfred Bietak, Egyptologist and head of the Austrian Institute of Archaeology?

From J.K. Hoffmaier of New York/Oxford U. Press?

So give us a "good" source, and some "real" facts.

Because so far you've provided zero except some blog musings.

Nothing is better than being able to read the ancient language yourself and looking at all the evidence. *grin*

Again ... you really don't pay attention to them or you wouldn't state such ignorance, and of course my obligatory: It's on TV so it MUST be true!

The bible is full of actual, provable places and events documented by secular science and my obligatory....
"Put Down the Catnip":cuckoo:

Last edited:

The bible is full of actual, provable places and events documented by secular science and my obligatory....
"Put Down the Catnip":cuckoo:
That's the nature of historical fiction.

So secular archeologists did not find places and events that correspond with ancient biblical scripture?

Maybe you should double check before you answer...:eusa_whistle:

OuthouseDig.jpg

Forum List

Back