For those of you wearing them

Crepitus

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2018
What kinda mask are you using?

I have a buncha pm 2.5 cycling masks with replaceable filters. Occasionally I end up in moldy basements or dusty attics. They have exhalation valves but I have covered them for this use.

41uahCvDJXL._AC_SX425_.jpg

Research says that a pm 2.5 filter is nearly as good as n 95 if used properly. The filters have 2 layers of meltblown fabric, 2 layers of nonwoven cotton, and activated charcoal. The strap around design gives a tighter (if slightly less comfortable) fit to reduce or eliminate leakage around the edges.

What's yours?

I have a buncha pm 2.5 cycling masks with replaceable filters. Occasionally I end up in moldy basements or dusty attics. They have exhalation valves but I have covered them for this use.

View attachment 356585

Research says that a pm 2.5 filter is nearly as good as n 95 if used properly. The filters have 2 layers of meltblown fabric, 2 layers of nonwoven cotton, and activated charcoal. The strap around design gives a tighter (if slightly less comfortable) fit to reduce or eliminate leakage around the edges.

What's yours?

I aint goin' shopping in something that looks like halloween.. The masks are to protect OTHERS from you.. TO cut the throwing distance of a cough or sneeze... If the CDC THOUGHT we all NEEDED a "nightmare on Elm street" mask -- they would have recommended it...

View attachment 356585

What's yours?

I aint goin' shopping in something that looks like halloween.. The masks are to protect OTHERS from you.. TO cut the throwing distance of a cough or sneeze... If the CDC THOUGHT we all NEEDED a "nightmare on Elm street" mask -- they would have recommended it...
This accomplishes both and I don't care how it looks.

View attachment 356585

What's yours?

Not Freddie Crouger, more like Jason Vorheese.

View attachment 356585

What's yours?

Not Freddie Crouger, more like Jason Vorheese.
Lol, I suppose with the tattoos, the high fade haircut and a pair of wraparound sunglasses I do look like something from a mad max movie.

Never really considered it until now.

View attachment 356585

What's yours?

This accomplishes both and I don't care how it looks.

Well good for you.. Wear it well.. Live long and prosper... Should be wearing it YEAR ROUND every year tho.. Because the mortality rate for CV-19 is now (as Trump asserted it would be early on) AT LEAST 12 times lower than the initial CDC/WHO estimates that kicked off this National nightmare,..

I guess the CDC/WHO KNOWINGLY killed 10s of thousands for so long DENYING that people should wear masks at all... Send a pic to Dr. Fauci with you in that... He's got a sense of humor probably.. Make sure you look all Covidly and no haircut for the past 3 months...

So -- just because there are vaccines for the 20 other types of seasonal flus -- you should vigilante and NOT BE one of 20 or 30,000 that DIE in a normal flu season... Better buy a box of them.. They look impossible to disinfect...

On 2nd thought.. You'll LOVE THIS.. Take Trump's advice and buy a honking big UV LAMP to clean your horror movie mask under... :banana:

So -- just because there are vaccines for the 20 other types of seasonal flus -- you should vigilante and NOT BE one of 20 or 30,000 that DIE in a normal flu season... Better buy a box of them.. They look impossible to disinfect...

On 2nd thought.. You'll LOVE THIS.. Take Trump's advice and buy a honking big UV LAMP to clean your horror movie mask under... :banana:
They are washable, and I intend to keep wearing them until there is a vaccine and this is over

So, i take it you aren't wearing a mask?

I wear a pair of black or dark blue Jockey briefs, one leg hole to look out of with the skid mark facing to the rear.
Have you seen that one that has a dick for your nose and balls on your chin? THAT one is hilarious. You WOULD most likely get asked to leave just about anywhere you TRIED to wear it. It MAY work at a bar where everyone knows you, that would be about it. A grocery store or drug store? Not a chance.

You

View attachment 356585

What's yours?
You Look like an idiot

They are washable, and I intend to keep wearing them until there is a vaccine and this is over

The only time I wear one is when it is required by whatever business I am going in to.

I wear a mask when it's required or I feel unsafe.. I'm a smart guy.. Not taking any undo macho risks..
Neighbor made me a couple real snarky cloth masks that go with the Southern Gentleman look I'm going for...

Did I miss something? All the research I read says UV light kills the virus, whether it is direct sunlight or a UV light, which is why they are using robots with UV lights to disinfect restaurants, hotels and planes.

View attachment 356585

What's yours?

My mom made a whole bunch of N95 filter insert masks for my company employees, my wife's co-workers and a bunch for some of our state's Indian reservations. She's pretty great that way.

My mask is always having around my neck, but I rarely wear it only when i am around a bunch of people or required

Forum List

Back