For the People Act of 2021

If only, somehow, the capacity for rational thought could be required in order to participate in democratic processes. Collective decisions made by uninformed and thoughtless masses have consistently proved disastrous. This is only rivaled by decisions made for the masses by informed, sociopathic élites.
Getting rid of gerrymandering and cutting off the Super PACs at the knees would be awesome.
Automatic voter registration via DMV and welfare applications would run the risk of registering noncitizens. I'm not sure voting by mail should be "enhanced" nationwide, either. It's fine for states that have the organizational capacity and wherewithal, but it should be up to them. It's a lot more complicated than just having people vote in person.
Voting should be enhanced period......a voting mail is just one way to do it....

And every state has the capacity to do it -- they just don't want to do it because elections with higher participation means conservatives lose....a lot.....

The Senate committee that voted today on sending this bill to the Senate floor deadlocked 9-9 along party lines, but Schumer is going to send it to the floor anyway. But I have some questions on it, that someone here might be able to shed some light on:

1. Has anyone seen any analysis about whether this is even Constitutional? I don't think the federal gov't has the authority to tell the states how to regulate and conduct their elections. Possibly some of it may be struck down but some parts allowed to stand. For sure if this law passes it will be definitely be challenged in court.

2. Since this bill has absolutely nothing to do with the budget my understanding is that it cannot be passed via reconciliation (a simple 51 votes). I very much doubt if any Repub will vote for it, so this is all nothing more than the Dems playing to their base. It ain't going to happen.

3. Is this really going to play well in Peoria? IOW, the deep blue states love it, but what about the rest of the country, especially the swing/purple states? How thrilled are most people who are not democrats, do they want the federal gov't controlling elections at the state level? The state legislatures are answerable to their constituents for whatever their election laws say, and I suspect there's a whole lot of people that do not want federal interference. So, is this effort by the democrats that isn't going to pass anyway going to hurt them in 2022 and maybe beyond?

In their efforts to appease the Far Left, are the democrats cutting their own throats in the next election? I think so.

The Senate committee that voted today on sending this bill to the Senate floor deadlocked 9-9 along party lines, but Schumer is going to send it to the floor anyway. But I have some questions on it, that someone here might be able to shed some light on:

1. Has anyone seen any analysis about whether this is even Constitutional? I don't think the federal gov't has the authority to tell the states how to regulate and conduct their elections. Possibly some of it may be struck down but some parts allowed to stand. For sure if this law passes it will be definitely be challenged in court.

2. Since this bill has absolutely nothing to do with the budget my understanding is that it cannot be passed via reconciliation (a simple 51 votes). I very much doubt if any Repub will vote for it, so this is all nothing more than the Dems playing to their base. It ain't going to happen.

3. Is this really going to play well in Peoria? IOW, the deep blue states love it, but what about the rest of the country, especially the swing/purple states? How thrilled are most people who are not democrats, do they want the federal gov't controlling elections at the state level? The state legislatures are answerable to their constituents for whatever their election laws say, and I suspect there's a whole lot of people that do not want federal interference. So, is this effort by the democrats that isn't going to pass anyway going to hurt them in 2022 and maybe beyond?

In their efforts to appease the Far Left, are the democrats cutting their own throats in the next election? I think so.
The corrupt Democrats are attempting to make their mass voter fraud and rigged elections legal.
They are not protecting anyone's Right to Vote.
They are making it easier for the Democrats to vote multiple times and for non-citizens to erase the votes of citizens.
Mail-In ballots is wide open voter fraud.
Blocking Voter ID laws is probably unconstitutional because the USSC has ruled several times that Voter ID laws are constitutional.
Everything that the Dems do is a lie.
They are destroying everyone's Right to Vote, not protecting it.

I think people should just be able to write their vote down on a post-it note and drop it off somewhere without ID or even their name and anyone that disagrees with me is a RACIST that wants to "marginalize" our nation's democracy!

Forum List

Back