For experienced rifle owners....this gadget turns rifle into bolt action rifle. Would it be useful for other rifles?

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Getting past the ridiculousness of California gun stupidity making this necessary to simply own a rifle........

This device turns a semi-auto AR-15 rifle into a bolt action rifle.....but again, getting past stupid California laws......it seems like this would be a more efficient bolt action system than what you see with deer hunting rifles or lever action rifles.

I am not a rifle owner, but I have watched people work a bolt action rifle, and they seem to reach over the rifle with their left hand to operate the bolt, lifting the lever, then pulling back........doing this to maintain their position on the rifle for repeat shots.....

This device allows you to simply pull the bolt back by pulling straight back....it seems more efficient than a typical rifle bolt, or even a lever action..........

Could this be used as a replacement for those systems?

If it can be converted back it won't fly in places like Kommiefornia IF the goal is to avoid "assault gun". But they are cool, M14 did a thread like this while back.

I have a Spike Tactical AR and also a Howa bolt (basically mauser) Both suppressed. I want to rip, I use the AR. I want to drop a vermin at 300 yards I use the Howa.

WW2 Berdan shaprshooters worked their Enfields so fast people though it was machine gun nests.

Straight bolt can be OK but can be dangerous. They have to lock up right (clean well), bolts we are used to lock both with lugs and the receiver slot. One was shooting a Lee believe it is, think it was Numrich gun parts guy, came out went thru his forehead. The Swiss K31 seem pretty cool.

Bolt actions are deadly accurate!

1 shot 1 kill. With the chamber remaining closed when firing, it leaves many of the variables out of the equation. Very consistent and more power to the projectile.

They ain't so good for repeat firing. You need to line up the shot every time you shoot.

Forum List

Back