For every 10% of American cars/trucks becoming EVs, means 3,460 power plants have to be built.

Let's see.. below doesn't describe powering an EV. The average capacity is around 40kWh
And the below maximum is 10.5kWh.... hmmm...
5,500 Watt Dual Fuel Portable Generator

View attachment 711971
Yep, it would take a while to charge. Can't just haul the generator on a trailer to power the car.

This fact should be making it obvious that the move to EV's is only a stalling tactic and will only be promoted for the short term on a large scale.

The inevitable is that the longer term solution will be in mass transit.

It's expected that EV's will peak at somewhere less than 20% of privately owned vehicles before mass transit is increased to levels that will be able to handle the demand.
How is mass transit supposed to work in rural areas ?

Why are you always so snotty? I just asked you a question about what you stated. You should be able to provide a simple sentence stating what mass transit plan you are referring to.
That's not being snotty, it's talking to Americans who have established a track record with me of being ignorant assholes.

Would you be interested in improving the relationship?

I don't really care but I'll offer the option.

And so what can you imagine for the possibilities of a future with mass transit instead of individuals driving gas cars alone?

How is mass transit supposed to work in rural areas ?
Try to ask questions of me that you don't already have answered in your head?

The answer that you don't deserve: Mass transit to within as few miles of your destination and then the rest of your journey completely on foott, bicycle, ......................., .........................., fill in the blanks

And shut down when those in charge don't want the masses to be able to go places.

What is this leftist obsession with mass transit besides their usual wet dreams of control?
I'm not going to pay attention to your childish behaviour marty. If you care, you should know what to do now. Maybe try to GFY.

So what happens to power generating plants to meet the power needs of both Hertz and say 10% of current cars/trucks are converted to EVs?
Sure, when the next electric car rolls onto a neighborhood block already filled with electric cars or a transit agency plans to roll out half dozen electric buses at the depot, the local utility may need to upgrade a local transformer or add extra distribution wires. But do not doubt this: there is currently enough power generation and transmission currently to serve the increase in charging load from EV purchases in the next few years, particularly if they are charged at times when other demands for power are less (such as overnight) or at times of high renewable energy generation.

I’ll say it again because the fossil fuel disinformation machine wants you to believe otherwise: there is enough power generation and transmission on our current electric grid to charge all the electric vehicles being purchased over the next few years.

Sure, when the next electric car rolls onto a neighborhood block already filled with electric cars or a transit agency plans to roll out half dozen electric buses at the depot, the local utility may need to upgrade a local transformer or add extra distribution wires. But do not doubt this: there is currently enough power generation and transmission currently to serve the increase in charging load from EV purchases in the next few years, particularly if they are charged at times when other demands for power are less (such as overnight) or at times of high renewable energy generation.

I’ll say it again because the fossil fuel disinformation machine wants you to believe otherwise: there is enough power generation and transmission on our current electric grid to charge all the electric vehicles being purchased over the next few years.

What about when ICE vehicles are banned? What about when every car has to charge around the same time?

What about those who can't afford a house and don't have a reserved spot for their car?

Sure, when the next electric car rolls onto a neighborhood block already filled with electric cars or a transit agency plans to roll out half dozen electric buses at the depot, the local utility may need to upgrade a local transformer or add extra distribution wires. But do not doubt this: there is currently enough power generation and transmission currenly to serve the increase in charging load from EV purchases in the next few years, particularly if they are charged at times when other demands for power are less (such as overnight) or at times of high renewable energy generation.

Relax! The extreme rightist wankers don't want to learn anything, they're only interested in flaming the board with the denial of the facts on climate change. Expect their rage to go from futile denial to avoidance of the topic quite soon.

America's move over to fascism isn't going to make the climate change situation any better for them. It's only going to create a lot of neo-Nazis on bicycles.

If you have an interest in the topic of mass transit taking control over the situation then you can educate yourself on the possibilities.

I'll start you off by telling you that even petroleum based mass transit coud possibly be 75% or more of the solution
You must think conservatives have an emotional attachment to oil end that causes us to love the internal combustion engine car

When in fact what we are in love with is the personal freedom that the automobile gives us

Freedom that lib Chicken Little’s such as yourself want to take away

Pack us like sardines into buses and subways with smelly criminals, perverts and others of their ilk?

No thank you

KEY WORDS from that link:
"Yes, if we prepare well".
"And in that case, we should get close to 100% on-road electric cars by 2050.
The best electric load is the avoided load, the load you don’t add to the grid in the first place.
This is why investments in public transit service and active transportation infrastructure, as well as less
car-centric city planning, are important strategies for meeting our transportation energy needs."

Now for the reality of the subject.... presuming we "prepare well"....
It takes 10 years from planning to execution to build a power plant.
Permitting alone takes several years. Meeting local, state and federal regulations several years.
My example was just 10% of the cars/trucks converting to EVs and that required 2,743 power plants!
Again for simplicity sake... .346 kWh/mile and with 10% of Cars/Trucks nationwide traveling a total of 474,803,577,600 miles per year that's divided by .346 kWh per mile or total of kWh= 1,372,264,267,145 kWh
needed to power 10% of EV cars/trucks alone!!!
Given an average power plant generates in one year 493,842,118 kWh..Tell me that every year with 1,372,264,267,145 kWh needed for just 10% of EVs, divided by 493,842,118 kWh that one power plant generates, how many power plants???
2,743 new power plants just to meet 10% of EV cars/trucks.
And by the way each plant cost $2 billion to build... hmmm... about $6 trillion for power plants alone!!!

BUT WHAT IF WE DON'T "PREPARE WELL"???

Relax! The extreme rightist wankers don't want to learn anything, they're only interested in flaming the board with the denial of the facts on climate change. Expect their rage to go from futile denial to avoidance of the topic quite soon.

America's move over to fascism isn't going to make the climate change situation any better for them. It's only going to create a lot of neo-Nazis on bicycles.
It's really revealing that climatevistas and EVangelistas like you use the term " climate change".
Why don't you continue to use "global warming"?
Screen Shot 2022-10-18 at 4.56.38 PM.png

Also, I've never had anyone refute the following points especially that the temperature readings didn't include 12% of the earth's land mass for over 50 years and a re-calculation was necessary. And many people who hold temperature warming was more prevalent in what is called "urban heat islands" which artificially raise world temperatures...again with 12% not counted that
would have lowered the 1.53 degree increase over 132 years.
So please tell me these events didn't happen.
thermometerproblems.png

Pack us like sardines into buses and subways with smelly criminals, perverts and others of their ilk?

No thank you
You won't have a choice, but you're slow at understanding that.

But at least most of you extremist crazies now understand that EV's won't be the complete solution.

And I'll say it again too! But with FACTS not guesses!!!
Today right today the total electricity generated by 11,070 utility-scale electric power plants generate per power plant is
4,165,030,000,000 kWh-- Total electricity generated in USA in 2021 or
per plant generated 376,244,806 kWh 1 year.
Now that is a FACT.
At a rate of 0.346 kWh per mile, with just 10% of cars/trucks averaging total of 4,748,035,776,000 miles per year..
that works out to 13,722,646,751,445 kWh MORE than the current production of 4.165 Trillion! Average Electric Car kWh Per Mile [Results From 231 EVs]
Again your article had this gigantic CAVEAT!!!
The grid is well-equipped to supply energy to EVs at current adoption levels.
And that is a correct statement!
BUT the author said this:

Will the grid be able to handle all of the electric vehicles we will have in the future?​

"Yes, if we prepare well."

BUT the projections of sales of EVs is as follows:
20.6 million in 2025.
OK... 20,600,000 NEW EVs all using 0.346 kWh per mile, and averaging USA drivers, driving 29 miles per day or in one
year 7 days a week 52 weeks is 217,453,600,000 divided by 0.346 kWh/mile or 628,478,612,717 kWh.
Just these NEW EVs and NO Trucks by the way add 15% to the TOTAL USA generated 4,165,030,000,000 kWh!
Now the above article ONLY talked about CARS! There was NO projection as to Trucks!
SO I did some research that the above DIDN"T evidently do!
This article project 1,413,694 trucks by 2030.
If fuel energy for the engine is considered, the battery and fuel energy consumption in the PHEVs is 4.3 kWh/mile Battery capacity and recharging needs for electric buses in city transit service (Journal Article) | DOE PAGES
So 1,413,694 EV trucks traveling on average per year:
Approximately 3.2 trillion miles are driven in the United States each year by 37,900,000 trucks or 84,433 miles/year
1,413,694 EV trucks averaging 84,433 miles or 119,362,026,385 miles per year by these new EV trucks.
OR total kWh required at 4.3 kWh is 27,758,610,787 kWh needed just for these 1,413,694 EV trucks.
To replace the 37,900,000 trucks with EV trucks in 10 years would by selling 3.7 million trucks per year for just 10 years or by 2032 would be then 744,188,534,883 kWh or 18% of current electricity generated! And that's just Trucks!

So tell me again if we "Yes, if we prepare well."

And WHEN all cars/trucks are converted to EVs... Where will we get the additional 13,722,646,751,445 kWh of electricity?
4,574 nuclear power plants cost: $32,019,509,086,705
solar panels? 400,619,860,055 at costs of making, distributing installing, buying land $80,596,409,179,677
21,219,07 Wind turbines: total cost...$84,918,721,659,885

You won't have a choice, but you're slow at understanding that.

But at least most of you extremist crazies now understand that EV's won't be the complete solution.
Solution to what?

Your unreasonable fears over the lib climate change end-of-the-world fantasy?

Solution to what?

Your unreasonable fears over the lib climate change end-of-the-world fantasy?
Questions for you.
EVangelistas like you want as Biden guaranteed
"I want you to look into my eyes, I guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels”...as your solution to global warming. OK.

So my question for you : are you willing to pay 100% or more for tires for your EV? Have you considered that cost when
agreeing with Biden to "rid fossil fuels"?

According to the Rubber Manufacturers Association, it takes “approximately seven gallons” of oil to produce a single tire.
Over the last three years tire prices have increased an average of 70%. In other words a tire that was $100 at the beginning of 2009 is probably listed around $170 today. That translates to approximately 5 billion gallons of crude oil (note: at today's price of $2 the total cost to tire makers over $10 billion a year) utilized to make tires each year.
A 42 gallon barrel of oil cost October 18, 2022 is $84.38 per barrel. or $2 per gallon.

Or how about the FACT that your taxes used to construct asphalt roads will skyrocket
because when Biden rids fossil fuels, what will replace oil that in making asphalt, 1.312 billion barrels a year in oil is used?

In summary, if just 10% of cars/trucks become EVs will require 3,460 more power plants at a cost per power plant (after 10 years of planning and building) a $2 billion power plant or $6,919,974,587,797 (https://schlissel-technical.com/docs/reports_35.pdf

And that's just 10% of cars/trucks becoming EVs requiring the addition of 3,460 power plants !
Didn't Hertz hire OJ Sim... oh never mind..

I wonder how this kind of information (RE how ridiculous it is to go all-electric cars) will affect the decision of voters next month?

Anyone who votes for a DC elite (read: corrupt) dimrat next month is as dim and rat-like as the ones they vote 4

The conservatives may make everyday dims' lives miserable (once they know how they voted: stupidly). Normally Rs are far more polite than that but we have absolutely HAD IT

Forum List

Back