For All Those People Who Think Sharia Law Is Not In USA...

(cue Fox News doom music)

For the second time in a week, authorities have charged a Detroit-area doctor with breaking a federal genital mutilation law, this time arresting a suburban physician and his wife for allegedly helping another doctor perform genital cutting on 7-year-old girls in a Livonia clinic.
Well then. We better round up all the Muslims and put them in camps right away!

The usual loons hyperventilate about islamophobia and claim that Sharia Law is not practiced in the U.S. (They also ignore how gays and rape victims are executes in other countries).

Well, the lie has been exposed. Female Genital Mutilation is practiced in the U.S., with 500,000 girls at risk. Instead of worrying about inane micro-aggressions and Fake Rape Culture, how about addressing this REAL ABUSE of young girls?

For the second time in a week, authorities have charged a Detroit-area doctor with breaking a federal genital mutilation law, this time arresting a suburban physician and his wife for allegedly helping another doctor perform genital cutting on 7-year-old girls in a Livonia clinic.

According to a criminal complaint unsealed Friday, while a doctor removed parts of the girls' genitals, the wife of the clinic owner held the girls' hands "in order to comfort them."

Dr. Fakhruddin Attar, 53, and his wife, Farida Attar, 50, both of Livonia, were arrested Friday morning at the Burhani Medical Clinic in Livonia, where the alleged cuttings took place.

They're charged with conspiring to perform genital mutilation on minor girls by letting a doctor use their clinic to perform the procedure. Prosecutors say two Minnesota girls had their genitals mutilated in February by Dr. Jumana Nagarwala, who was charged last week in what is the nation's first federal prosecution of genital cutting. She was arrested April 12 and ordered jailed pending the outcome of her case involving the two Minnesota girls, though the FBI believes she has several more victims....

2nd doctor charged in genital mutilation case

And as you have pointed out, they were arrested, so thank you for reminding everyone that Sharia Law is not legal in the United States.

I didn't say it was legal. I said it is here.

Try to keep up.

We should amend the Constitution then to outlaw Islam, eh? Is that your point?

The usual loons hyperventilate about islamophobia and claim that Sharia Law is not practiced in the U.S. (They also ignore how gays and rape victims are executes in other countries).

Well, the lie has been exposed. Female Genital Mutilation is practiced in the U.S., with 500,000 girls at risk. Instead of worrying about inane micro-aggressions and Fake Rape Culture, how about addressing this REAL ABUSE of young girls?
Female Genital Mutilation is not part of Sharia. It is not mentioned in the Koran, and while mentioned positively in the hadiths it is not required. It predates Islam in Africa, and Christian and animist groups in Africa are known to practice it.

What a sad attempt at diversion and justification. SRSLY
How is that diversion? I'll stand with you against FGM, but it is flat out false to link it Sharia

What other religio-cultures widely practice FGM?

I'm still trying to figure out the reason why any one would want a woman who had this operation
My understanding is that this substantially diminishes the pleasure that women experience during sex, thereby reducing the chances that a woman will be sexually unfaithful to her man
What is FLDS?

I believe FAKEY is trying to make MORMONS the equivalent of genital mutilating Islamists.
boedesilly is suggesting that the polygamous marriage of 11 and 12 year old girls is not child abuse.

Here's a little story about that: no.

I am saying that mutilating the genitalia of little girls is a Sharia/Islamist practice that should not be tolerated in the United States, and is completely unrelated to Mormons.

Try to keep up.

Brabaric? Yes it is! Sharia and Islamic.? No. Sorry!

^^^ Culturally, geographically, socially, and historically illiterate ^^^

Culturally, the practice predates Islam, and nowhere in the Koran is it there any dictate for this practice.

Female Genital Mutilation is not part of Sharia. It is not mentioned in the Koran, and while mentioned positively in the hadiths it is not required. It predates Islam in Africa, and Christian and animist groups in Africa are known to practice it.

What a sad attempt at diversion and justification. SRSLY
How is that diversion? I'll stand with you against FGM, but it is flat out false to link it Sharia

The Vulcans.

I'm still trying to figure out the reason why any one would want a woman who had this operation
My understanding is that this substantially diminishes the pleasure that women experience during sex, thereby reducing the chances that a woman will be sexually unfaithful to her man
I believe FAKEY is trying to make MORMONS the equivalent of genital mutilating Islamists.
boedesilly is suggesting that the polygamous marriage of 11 and 12 year old girls is not child abuse.

I am saying that mutilating the genitalia of little girls is a Sharia/Islamist practice that should not be tolerated in the United States, and is completely unrelated to Mormons.

Try to keep up.

Culturally, the practice predates Islam, and nowhere in the Koran is it there any dictate for this practice.
So?

Who engages in this practice today?

You wanna be a jackass troll sometimes? I get it, no problem with it either

But why do so on this topic?

And why quote me on this?

What did I say about Islam?

I answered a question

Try to keep up.

So?

I answered a question

I was replying to a post by the OP, at least that was my intent.

Try to keep up.

So?

I answered a question

Then if you accidentally added me to multi quote, I apologize for jumping your shit

And I bet they aren't MORMONS:

FGM.jpg

So?

I answered a question

Then if you accidentally added me to multi quote, I apologize for jumping your shit

I see what happened. When you quote a post to reply to it, and then change your mind, that quote stays in your next post above your next quote. It's a forum quirk.

Can the OP name all the Muslim majority countries where this practice is LEGAL?

That's not the issue, bub.

FGM is commonly and widely practiced in Islamic-Sharia cultures. Here, you can read up on the 29 countries where it is most common:

Female Genital Mutilation/Cutting: A statistical overview and exploration of the dynamics of change - UNICEF DATA

From your link:

2006-2007 (E): The Ministry of Health issues Decree No. 271, banning everyone, including health professionals, from performing FGM/C in governmental or nongovernmental hospitals and clinics. The Grand Mufti Ali Gomaa issues a fatwa (religious edict) condemning FGM/C, and the Al-Azhar Supreme Council for Islamic Research issues a statement explaining that FGM/C has no basis in Sharia (Islamic law) or any of its partial provisions.

Couldn't you make a similar argument about circumcision?
No, and it isn't even close

Circumcision can at least be justified as a healthy choice and it is not mutilation of nerve tissue

Nor does it diminish sexual pleasure

FGM is straight up barbaric and parents that allow it, especially in the West should rot in Hell

So?

I answered a question

I see what happened. When you quote a post to reply to it, and then change your mind, that quote stays in your next post above your next quote. It's a forum quirk.
That's happened to me before baw, no worries

:beer:

Circumcision can at least be justified as a healthy choice and it is not mutilation of nerve tissue

FGM is straight up barbaric and parents that allow it, especially in the West should rot in Hell

So when it's done on a male it's a healthy choice, but when done on a female it's mutilation?

So when it's done on a male it's a healthy choice, but when done on a female it's mutilation?
Yes

I don't know what you are trying to accomplish with this line of reasoning

FGM is done solely to keep women in line and to ensure that they do not engage in sex for pleasure

There is a huge difference

Forum List

Back