Food processor recipes

I got a food processor for Xmas but I have yet to use it, if anyone has any good recipes for it feel free to share.

Me too! Well, I actually bought it for my daughter but forgot to wrap it and found it about a week later.

My first try was hummus

Ingredients
4 garlic cloves
2 cups canned chickpeas, drained, cooked in microwave for a few minutes and reserve quarter cup liquid
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
3 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons water or liquid from the chickpeas
Dashes hot sauce to taste
Splash of sesame oil

Directions

In goes the the garlic down the feed tube; process until it's minced. Add the rest of the ingredients to the food processor and process until the hummus is pureed.

The food processor is great for homemade coleslaw. We use it for both creamy coleslaw (with mayo), and the traditional coleslaw. It chops the cabbage any way you like it. For the creamy coleslaw we usually chop the cabbage into smaller bits, for the traditional, we prefer not chopping it up as much.

Once you have the chopped cabbage, you just need to add some (very little) grated carrots, chopped union, some sugar, apple cider vinegar, salt, pepper and mayonnaise is optional (I prefer it with the mayo).

Coleslaw is great when having baby back pork ribs!

Last edited:
I got a food processor for Xmas but I have yet to use it, if anyone has any good recipes for it feel free to share.

Me too! Well, I actually bought it for my daughter but forgot to wrap it and found it about a week later.

My first try was hummus

Ingredients
4 garlic cloves
2 cups canned chickpeas, drained, cooked in microwave for a few minutes and reserve quarter cup liquid
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
Splash of sesame oil

Directions

In goes the the garlic down the feed tube; process until it's minced. Add the rest of the ingredients to the food processor and process until the hummus is pureed.

Raw garlic or roasted garlic?

My first try was hummus

Ingredients
4 garlic cloves
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
Splash of sesame oil

Directions

Raw garlic or roasted garlic?

either would work.... it just depends on which flavor you would like better.

2 cups fresh basil
1/4 cup pine nuts
2 cloves garlic
2/3 cup olive oil
1/2 cup grated Parmesan

"Process" the basil, garlic and pine nuts with 1/2 cup of oil till smooth.

Add the rest of the oil and cheese after processing, and you've got a wonderful, simple basil pesto.

(My dinner last night)

This is a good one. Kinda hard to chew, tho. :eusa_whistle:

food.jpg

Forum List

Back