Flying the US Flag Upside Down

In a country that supposedly values freedom the flag may mean whatever we wish it to mean. It is not in itself sacred in any way, it is the ideals it represents that we value, first among them the freedom to say and do practically anything we wish. Without that the flag is nothing but a rag.

A good friend of mine was a marine sniper. I wasn't there that day, but a young punk said he was shamed to be american. Let's just say he left and never came back. kids now a days are treasonous little asshole. This is what liberalism creates.
21557742_664789930382364_1032066113259646617_n.jpg

Flying the US flag upside down symbolizes the nation is in distress. It's nothing new and both sides do it
No that's not what it means to a military man. It is a very special display. Not to be coopted to "symbolize the nation in distress." Anyone in the military would tell you that, I think.

It's what it symbolizes, always has. My father a 26 year vetetan of the US Navy taught me that
Your father was taught differently than I.

ITHE UNITED STATES FLAG CODE
Title 4, Chapter 1

§ 8(a)The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.

These scum need a good old fashioned beating.
When someone says that someone else needs a beating....can we assume that the speaker will be the one doing the beating? When can we expect to hear that you have done such a beating? Or are you just talking the talk without walking the walk?
Most people who say someone needs a beating, especially on-line, is someone who would NEVER be the one doing the beatings.

When someone says that someone else needs a beating....can we assume that the speaker will be the one doing the beating? When can we expect to hear that you have done such a beating? Or are you just talking the talk without walking the walk?
I don't support violent protest. They can protest if they like, but for me and anyone who served, this is a special special symbol, not to be displayed flippantly.

What makes our flag so great is that it represents a country where you are allowed to protest against the flag

That is what freedom is all about

Flying the US flag upside down symbolizes the nation is in distress. It's nothing new and both sides do it
No that's not what it means to a military man. It is a very special display. Not to be coopted to "symbolize the nation in distress." Anyone in the military would tell you that, I think.

It's what it symbolizes, always has. My father a 26 year vetetan of the US Navy taught me that

Title 4, Chapter 1

§ 8(a)The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.

Gawd you're stupid. It also symbolizes a nation in distress.

Saying "My country right or wrong" is the least patriotic thing you can say

Title 4, Chapter 1

Gawd you're stupid. It also symbolizes a nation in distress.
Sounds like we disagree. That leaves you with nothing but your typical liberal tactic of name calling. I can accept that we have a different view of this. You need anyone who disagrees with you to be wrong. That's not American, that's a liberal tactic.

Most people who say someone needs a beating, especially on-line, is someone who would NEVER be the one doing the beatings.
I agree.

Sometimes freedom of speech can be a royal pain in the ass. This upside down flag thing goes hand in hand with the NFL players refusing to stand when the national anthem is played. There's a lot of things wrong with this country, past and present, no doubt about that. But there's a lot of good things about this country too. And at least it's a peaceful protest, nobody is getting hurt or property destroyed.

What makes our flag so great is that it represents a country where you are allowed to protest against the flag

But this is not a protest against the flag. It is the use of the flag to convey a message that "our fort is in peril we need help immediately." Even if you say symbolically that the protestors are saying "our country is in peril..." then you are WAYYYYY overstating the condition. Selling wolf tickets and all that.

As a child I entered the work-study program. They would allow us to skip out on useless classes like art and study hall and work instead. They gave me the job at the elementary school, and one of my duties was to raise the flag in the morning before school started. This was back in the early 70's, and my supervisor told me that one of the things that would get me immediately fired was hanging the flag upside down because it would alert authorities that the school was in distress for some reason. I made sure that flag was right side up every time I pulled it to the top of the pole, and then to double check, stood back to make sure it was correct.

Straw man. I'm not saying that. I'm saying that flying the flag upside down is like screaming "FIRE!" in a crowded movie theatre. That's not patriotic. It's using a distress signal. If you were a pilot, it would be like calling a Pan Pan Pan because you want to land in time for Happy Hour.

But this is not a protest against the flag. It is the use of the flag to convey a message that "our fort is in peril we need help immediately." Even if you say symbolically that the protestors are saying "our country is in peril..." then you are WAYYYYY overstating the condition. Selling wolf tickets and all that.
It has always been a form of protest

It is peaceful and makes a statement. The protestors are sending an SOS.....it is their right

Sometimes freedom of speech can be a royal pain in the ass. This upside down flag thing goes hand in hand with the NFL players refusing to stand when the national anthem is played. There's a lot of things wrong with this country, past and present, no doubt about that. But there's a lot of good things about this country too. And at least it's a peaceful protest, nobody is getting hurt or property destroyed.

Maybe, but what gets me is every time liberals get upset, they do something un-American. Oh, they will argue with you until next year that what they are doing is not anti-American, but it is.

I think it's just the fact that the nature of a liberal is to be a trouble maker.

Straw man. I'm not saying that. I'm saying that flying the flag upside down is like screaming "FIRE!" in a crowded movie theatre. That's not patriotic. It's using a distress signal. If you were a pilot, it would be like calling a Pan Pan Pan because you want to land in time for Happy Hour.
They are making a statement
It is their right

If you do not think it is in peril, you are allowed to say so

That is how it works

Let them fly the US Flag upside down and disrespect it. It is their right of free speech. Walk up to those same people and light a Mexican flag on fire and they will lose their shit over you being disrespectful and hateful.

Somebody burned a Mexican flag? ------sheeeesh---why? I can understand the Koran ----or that filthy Saudi thing------
but why the Mexican flag?

In 1989 a self avowed communist named Johnson won a supreme court decision (Johnson vs Texas) that struck down all the state laws related to the desecration of the Flag. Burning the Flag and using it for toilet paper and flying it upside down became legal and covered by the 1st Amendment free speech. The right to ridicule the poor fools who desecrate the Flag is also covered by the 1st Amendment. As President Trump says, when you see football players disrespecting the Flag the best thing you can do is pack up and leave. The same goes for the angry nut cases who fly the Flag upside down. Laugh at their antics and boo them and they might get the message.

Forum List

Back