Flying the confederate flag is racists way of using the "N" word

Who has the guts to vote? Will the flag be torn down in the S.C. capital?

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.

hangover

Gold Member
Oct 8, 2013
The Ku Klux Klan uses the confederate flag as a way to promote hate and bigotry. So does the Aryan Nation.
The confederacy LOST THE WAR! When the losers lose, their flag is torn down. They have no right to promote their bigotry any more.
The rebel flag will be torn down on the South Carolina capital. The bigots will lose the war yet again.

if I were to put a confed flag on the back of my yamaha grizzly special edition, it would be to piss off libs. It would have nothing to do with race relations

Having just returned from a holiday in Virginia, I have again been surprised at the number of monuments and tributes to military and political leaders of the CSA.

These people were TRAITORS! They may have been brave and fought valiantly, but naming streets and buildings after them? Baloney.

I voted yes be cause of the way the idiot OP posed the question.

"Will the flag be taken down?"

The answer is yes. They will bow to the pressure.

Should it be taken down?

Maybe, maybe not. It's not actually on the capital it is on a monument to the fallen confederate soldiers. I say let the people of SC decide.

Should it be taken down?

Maybe, maybe not. It's not actually on the capital it is on a monument to the fallen confederate soldiers. I say let the people of SC decide.
The monument is on the capital.

Eh, I'm the kind of guy who likes free speech.

If people can wave the Mexican flag in America and not get a complaint by hangover, then neither should the hillbillies with their flag, either. Or we can just ban every flag in America 'cept the American flag, and see how that turns out.

If people can wave the Mexican flag in America and not get a complaint by hangover, then neither should the hillbillies with their flag, either. Or we can just ban every flag in America 'cept the American flag, and see how that turns out.
So you're saying the Mexican flag represents hatred and bigotry. Duh, only for the bigots that hate Mexicans.

The Confederate flag represents different things to different people. Libs are stupid and can't deal with complexity. This is the problem.

So you're saying the Mexican flag represents hatred and bigotry. Duh, only for the bigots that hate Mexicans.

why would a person fly a mexican flag on AMerican soil
a non patriot that wants american goodies that's who

Free speech doesn't mean you only get to hear speech you like, hangover.

Don't miss the point, and I'll go further with you on this. The confederate flag means different things to different people, same with the Mexican flag and others. That's not the point. The point is that in America, no matter what you think or believe in, you have the right to fly any flag you want. You do not have the right to not be offended. It does not matter one utter bit what you think or feel about the flag in question. Not you or anyone else gets to decide that this flag's ok to fly and this one isn't because I think so. No, that's not America.

You know what that is?

That's called fascism, and it's a damned dangerous thing.

I don't care to get into the nitty-gritty about picking your posts apart any more. It's obvious you don't like the confederate flag. I don't care much for it either. But you know what? That doesn't matter. Why? Because this is America, and if we actually give a damn about liberal principles then we let people we disagree with also have the right to express themselves.

Should it be taken down?

The monument is on the capital.

It's on the capital grounds, it is not the capital idiot.

dimocraps are the scum of the fucking earth and should be eradicated from its surface

And the people they elect, too

Hillary Clinton Refusing To Talk About ’92 Clinton-Gore Confederate Campaign Button…
CII4u4BWcAALzUt-550x373.png

More on this story.

Via The Blaze:

It’s unclear if the Clinton-Gore Confederate flag campaign button that has been prominent on social media was an official part of their 1992 presidential campaign.

And Hillary Clinton isn’t clarifying, nor is her team responding to questions about her husband honoring the flag as Arkansas governor in 1987.

TheBlaze left phone and email messages with the Clinton campaign Monday inquiring whether the button, and other similar designs sold on eBay, was part of the official campaign of Bill Clinton and Al Gore.

TheBlaze also asked if the former Arkansas first lady opposed now or opposed then an act signed by her husband honoring the Confederate flag. The Clinton campaign did not respond to either question.

The Confederate battle flag has become an issue following last week’s shooting massacre at a black church in Charleston, South Carolina. The Confederate flag is still flown on the South Carolina Capitol grounds. After increasing calls for its removal, Gov. Nikki Haley (R) on Monday called for the flag to finally come down.

Republican presidential candidates were reluctant to take a firm stand on the matter over the weekend. Hillary Clinton spoke about race relations on Friday in San Francisco, but did not mention the Confederate flag, according to the campaign’s transcript. Clinton did, however, call for the flag to be removed from the South Carolina capitol in 2007 during her first presidential campaign.

As for the 1992 buttons, the Washington Post speculated on whether they were part of the official 1992 Clinton-Gore campaign.

...and in America, we also get to hear rabid partisans saying stupid things.

Free speech doesn't mean you only get to hear speech you like, hangover.

Don't miss the point, and I'll go further with you on this. The confederate flag means different things to different people, same with the Mexican flag and others. That's not the point. The point is that in America, no matter what you think or believe in, you have the right to fly any flag you want. You do not have the right to not be offended. It does not matter one utter bit what you think or feel about the flag in question. Not you or anyone else gets to decide that this flag's ok to fly and this one isn't because I think so. No, that's not America.

You know what that is?

That's called fascism, and it's a damned dangerous thing.

I don't care to get into the nitty-gritty about picking your posts apart any more. It's obvious you don't like the confederate flag. I don't care much for it either. But you know what? That doesn't matter. Why? Because this is America, and if we actually give a damn about liberal principles then we let people we disagree with also have the right to express themselves.
You missed the point of the OP. You can pretend that there is honor in flying the confederate flag and the nazi flag, but we both know it's nothing but bigotry and hate. If that's what you're for, your next step is joining ISIS.

You missed the point of the OP. You can pretend that there is honor in flying the confederate flag and the nazi flag, but we both know it's nothing but bigotry and hate. If that's what you're for, your next step is joining ISIS.

And yet again you're missing the point.

It. Doesn't. Matter. What. You. Think.

The 1st Amendment doesn't care what you, me, or anyone thinks. It's a right for everyone. Not just one strain of liberal.

Listen for a sec. You sound exactly like the kind of guy who whines about the stupid rainbow flag and says it's nothing but perversion and ickiness so let's ban it.

Really.

Think for a bit about this. You're not the only joe blow who might wanna ban flags and things because his feelings are against it.

Honor doesn't mean one solitary fuck when it comes to the first amendment. Every single damned citizen of America is afforded this right, no matter how much you hate his or her guts and what they stand for. This ain't Gaza. This is America. We have freedom to say what we believe in.

Stop it, please. Stop being that stereotype of liberals in general. You're just given your partisan counterparts like dimocrap-dude more ammo until you guys eventually kill each other off in the next civil war.

The 1st Amendment doesn't care what you, me, or anyone thinks. It's a right for everyone. Not just one strain of liberal.

Listen for a sec. You sound exactly like the kind of guy who whines about the stupid rainbow flag and says it's nothing but perversion and ickiness so let's ban it.

Really.

Think for a bit about this. You're not the only joe blow who might wanna ban flags and things because his feelings are against it.

Honor doesn't mean one solitary fuck when it comes to the first amendment. Every single damned citizen of America is afforded this right, no matter how much you hate his or her guts and what they stand for. This ain't Gaza. This is America. We have freedom to say what we believe in.

Stop it, please. Stop being that stereotype of liberals in general. You're just given your partisan counterparts like dimocrap-dude more ammo until you guys eventually kill each other off in the next civil war.
No, you're missing the point. If you're going to defend the confederate flag, you also must defend the ISIS flag...they're the same.

I say if it sends hangover into a panty-pissing frenzy, than by all means, do it.

:lol:

No, you're missing the point. If you're going to defend the confederate flag, you also must defend the ISIS flag...they're the same.

I don't care about the Confederate flag, or the ISIS flag, or the Mexican flag, or the Gay flag.

What they may or may not stand for I do not give one solitary fuck.

The right—in America—to express that flag—per the 1st Amendment—is the only thing I care about. Why? Because I don't try to shut down freedom of speech and expression of ideas I don't like, because I'm not a damned child.

Really.

I don't remember hearing confederates throwing gays off the tops of buildings like ISIS.

Forum List

Back