Flyers’ Ivan Provorov declined to wear pregame Pride Night jerseys, citing religious beliefs

You keep glossing over he was not allowed just to go out and skate with a normal jersey.

He was forced to choose, wear the jersey, skip the warm up skate.

If you are going to be a fan of forced celebration at least have the balls to admit to it.

No one was forced to do anything. He made a choice and the team allowed him to make that choice.

No one was forced to do anything. He made a choice and the team allowed him to make that choice.

He shouldn't have had to make the choice in the first place.

What is it with SJW's like you that think your view is the only one allowed and everyone else has to "suck it up"?

Talk about unearned arrogance.

He shouldn't have had to make the choice in the first place.

It's not his call. No more so than football players forced to go to a foreign country. It's the teams decision as to how they want to expand their markets.

What is it with SJW's like you that think your view is the only one allowed and everyone else has to "suck it up"?

Talk about unearned arrogance.

LOL, you are free to hold whatever opinion you want. You are the utmost expert on your opinion.

It's not his call. No more so than football players forced to go to a foreign country. It's the teams decision as to how they want to expand their markets.

LOL, you are free to hold whatever opinion you want. You are the utmost expert on your opinion.

So they can make an atheist wear a picture of christ? A jew wear it? Anyone wear an Islamic cross?

You don't see the inherent disconnect with the principles of free exercise because you probably get off on forcing people to follow your own moral code.

Asshole.

So they can make an atheist wear a picture of christ? A jew wear it? Anyone wear an Islamic cross?

I suppose they could.

You don't see the inherent disconnect with the principles of free exercise because you probably get off on forcing people to follow your own moral code.

Asshole.

LOL. Expanding your fan base is not a moral issue here.

I suppose they could.

LOL. Expanding your fan base is not a moral issue here.

It's not about expanding a fanbase, it's about kowtowing to a vocal minorities morals at the expense of the persons made to wear it's morals.

I'm not a Philly sports guy. But I have to say I can't believe that this is an issue. The media made too much of this Ivan did nothing wrong all they talked about is he didn't wear it. They don't mention how they won the game.

When the Age of Moral Panic finally passes, people who fully bought in are never going to live it down.

Frankly, I can't wait

The team is trying to expand the fan base. It's what a business does.
Hockey's fan base has always had a limited appeal. The Flyers seem to be woke to the extremes. With this and the removal of the Kate Smith statue. If the Snyder's still own the team, they were not so honorable as Ed Snyder gained much money from the foibles of the old Spectrum that the city gifted to him and screwing over a former friend Jerry Wolman.

If he is fired, he will likely win the case for Religious Discrimination.

Forced Speech is a severe violation of Human Rights.

I do not judge LGBT people -- all Humans have sins. I am not completely observant.

So........I guess I have no clue what the belief on pre-marital sex is in the Russia Orthodox beliefs.

PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Flyers defenseman Ivan Provorov cited his Russian Orthodox religion as the reason he did not participate in pregame warmups when the team wore Pride-themed jerseys and used sticks wrapped in rainbow Pride tape.

Flyers' Provorov cites religion for boycott on Pride night

Leftists: “IF I FEEL EXCLUDED OR AM EXCLUDED FROM ANYTHING BECAUSE OF ME EXPRESSING MYSELF… THAT MEANS WHATEVER EXCLUDING ME IS HATEFUL AND BIGOTED”

Leftists on this topic: “IT DOESNT MATTER IF HE FELT EXCLUDED OR WAS EXCLUDED FROM WARMUP”

Cognitive dissonance. Leftists whine about anyone being offensive, but don’t mind being offensive to others. They turn their offensiveness into “truth to power”, “rise against hate” or some pathetic bumper sticker virtue.

However, at the end of the day, they were what they claim to be against.. offensive to someone.

Outstanding!. We need more brave athletes to stand up to the lgbt mafia.

Philadelphia Flyers defenseman Ivan Provorov did not participate in the team’s pregame warmup skate on Tuesday, citing his religious beliefs as the team wore Pride Night jerseys in support of the LGBTQ+ community......................................................

The Globo-homos are Big Mad that one guy is refusing to wear their Satanic symbols.

Russians dont like that shit. I just wrote in another thread about pedophiles.... On account of a Russian guy I used to work with back in New York. He told me that pedophilia or at least pedophilic behavior was very rare in Russia because pedophiles would often be executed right along with the real bad guys at the gulag. Russians knew what to do with Nazis at the end of WW2 and they know what to do with these people now.

Forum List

Back