Florida Is Dying From Pollution, Overgrowth Toxic Waters

We are growing into a third world over populated state with too much building going on for new arrivals.

FOCUS ON FLORIDA:
POPULATION, RESOURCES, and QUALITY OF LIFE

“Today, where the orange groves once stood, houses now stand within a few feet of one another. The wide open roads…are bumper to bumper with exhaust-spewing autos. Leisurely Sunday drives are still available, if your idea of attractive scenery is boom cranes, buildings under construction, and dirt mounds on the horizon in all directions. The lakes post pollution warnings to would-be swimmers and are depleted of fish. As for orange blossoms in the air, once the trademark of a warm spring night: Forget it.”
—Jill Krueger, writing in the Orlando Business Journal on a changing Florida1

Florida, once a sunny paradise that lured new residents with its friendly tax policies and high quality of life, is now paying the price for its rampant population growth. Its open space is vanishing, its highways are clogged with polluting traffic jams, and every day, 860 acres of its forests and farmland are lost to development.2

How can this be possible?

Old Rocks said 10 years ago that Miami would be under water by 2021.

It's still there?
The air here is literily breath taking. Dogs sniff the water full of algae and drop dead, people are getting sick too. We had 5000 manatee now we have maybe 500.

Tons of dead fish, animals dying from algae.
Home of the largest concentration of natural springs ON EARTH are also drying up from foreign bottling companys.
Pythons are wiping out our native wildlife. Wild monkeys flying thru the trees diving into the spring fed rivers. infected with Herpes Virus.

Do you know where the algae comes from?

gee; and I thought Oz was getting a bad rep.

1643228771563.png

Greg

Do you know where the algae comes from?
Yes it comes from fertilizer and manure runoffs into the lake, big sugar Army Corp of Engineers rerouting the natural flow of the second largest lake in the USA into the Gulf and Atlantic oceans.

A small part is from nature called Red Tide.

Yes it comes from fertilizer and manure runoffs into the lake, big sugar Army Corp of Engineers rerouting the natural flow of the second largest lake in the USA into the Gulf and Atlantic oceans.

A small part is from nature called Red Tide.

So you admit it's not the fault of Florida.
All that runoff comes from farms further north.

We are growing into a third world over populated state with too much building going on for new arrivals.

FOCUS ON FLORIDA:
POPULATION, RESOURCES, and QUALITY OF LIFE

Florida, once a sunny paradise that lured new residents with its friendly tax policies and high quality of life, is now paying the price for its rampant population growth. Its open space is vanishing, its highways are clogged with polluting traffic jams, and every day, 860 acres of its forests and farmland are lost to development.2

But folks love the freedom far more than they care about the silly stuff you mention

So you admit it's not the fault of Florida.
All that runoff comes from farms further north.
o I'm not saying it comes from farms but that the lake is being drained into canals and dumped into the oceans instead of naturally draining down into the Everglades like it was before they changed it. Are the farms causing the high concentrations of algae feeding farm runoffs, yes but it is made worse by not letting it flow naturally into the millions of acres to the south.

I'm just repeating what I read.

I'm just repeating what I read.

What the hell is this and why does it attribute it to me?

" I'm not saying it comes from farms but that the lake is being drained into canals and dumped into the oceans instead of naturally draining down into the Everglades like it was before they changed it. Are the farms causing the high concentrations of algae feeding farm runoffs, yes but it is made worse by not letting it flow naturally into the millions of acres to the south."

What the hell is this and why does it attribute it to me?

" I'm not saying it comes from farms but that the lake is being drained into canals and dumped into the oceans instead of naturally draining down into the Everglades like it was before they changed it. Are the farms causing the high concentrations of algae feeding farm runoffs, yes but it is made worse by not letting it flow naturally into the millions of acres to the south."

Why are you involved in the debate, I don't know . Nobody attributed it to you.

Home of the largest concentration of natural springs ON EARTH are also drying up from foreign bottling companys.
Pythons are wiping out our native wildlife. Wild monkeys flying thru the trees diving into the spring fed rivers. infected with Herpes Virus.

The Gulf of Mexico, along with inland waters get's worse yearly.
Everything from Flesh eating bacteria to dead ponds and lakes.

`

The Gulf of Mexico, along with inland waters get's worse yearly.
Everything from Flesh eating bacteria to dead ponds and lakes.

`

Sadly this is true. And they just keep coming to Florida and building more homes ,more septic tanks and pollution. Ft. Lauderdale use to be beautiful,not anymore.Just gave another builder permit for a whole new community of homes, shopping centers,library,.

Animal rights types practice catch and release of the pythons

they should be caught and killed

Forum List

Back