Florida Hurricane

Hope all our Forum folks in Florida stay safe!!
Looks like it is going to suck, big time. Jake Tapper is saying, at the pace it is moving, it could be pushing water into Tampa for 2 days, and they are expecting storm surge possibly up to 12 feet. We have friend down there, that have pulled out and headed for Miami, as mandatory evacuations have been ordered for over 1.7 million people. I cannot imagine that many people ordered to flee to survive. I wish everybody could make it, but know some won't. Very sad for those in the path.:(

Heads up to FL members.....Most of the gated communities' security is bugging-out and you will be left to the tender mercies of Florida Man and the feral crowd.....If you are going to ride it out then you need to check your load-out.

IMG_0730.JPG

Heads up to FL members.....Most of the gated communities' security is bugging-out and you will be left to the tender mercies of Florida Man and the feral crowd.....If you are going to ride it out then you need to check your load-out.

We're pretty much packed up and ready to go, if need be.

The plan, though, is to ride it out. Residents have already taken the lead at the guard shack so the security personnel can take care of their own...

We're pretty much packed up and ready to go, if need be.

The plan, though, is to ride it out. Residents have already taken the lead at the guard shack so the security personnel can take care of their own...
Don't forget to gas-up, there's gas shortages already but they don't seem to be widespread as of yet.....All bets are off tomorrow though as folks at the stations bug-out.....A FL member on another board had to go to two stations before he found gas.....His security bugs-out at noon tomorrow.

Don't forget to gas-up, there's gas shortages already but they don't seem to be widespread as of yet.....All bets are off tomorrow though as folks at the stations bug-out.....A FL member on another board had to go to two stations before he found gas.....His security bugs-out at noon tomorrow.

The only vehicle I own that's not completely fueled up is the Malibu, and I'll be doing that here in about a half hour...

The Ponte Vedra house is in Zone A.

The inland house isn't in an evacuation zone, so we're good there...
I called a old hunting buddy that lives in Clearwater (mainland side of the harbor).....He's bugging out to one of his son's empty rental condos up around Land-O-Lakes.

His place sits a little higher than most in the area (he built it that way back in the 70s when you could do such things) so I suspect it will survive the surge well enough. He thought about riding it out but he's in his mid-70s now and thought better of it.

I told him hell yeah, you did for your boy now let him do for you. ;)

Forum List

Back