Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis To Sign Bill Banning Social Media ‘Deplatforming’

When companies engage in biased censorship and discrimination, that’s Exactly what the government is for and rightful to step in
Nope. No constitutional authority to do so.
The Big tech companies are government protected monopolies. As such, government has authority to regulate them.
Oldest statist excuse in the book. "You didn't build that" (ie, we want in on the action!)
Protecting monopolies is statism, asshole.

When companies engage in biased censorship and discrimination, that’s Exactly what the government is for and rightful to step in
The Big tech companies are government protected monopolies. As such, government has authority to regulate them.
Which government?
Federal government.
This is about a state law.

Please try to not embarrass yourself.

Oldest statist excuse in the book. "You didn't build that" (ie, we want in on the action!)
Protecting monopolies is statism, asshole.
Black is white. I hear ya. It's a brave new world out there.

Which government?
Federal government.
This might come as a shock to you, ya fucking moron, but Florida is not the federal government.

Which government?
Federal government.
So federal law doesn't apply to Florida?

Which government?
Federal government.
LOLOL

Fucking moron, the federal government did pass this law, Florida did. And Florida law doesn't apply to the federal government.

Which government?
Federal government.
LOLOL

Fucking moron, the federal government did pass this law, Florida did. And Florida law doesn't apply to the federal government.
The state of Florida can stil regulate them since they are exempt from lawsuits.

No they are not. I rarely use Amazon except when they have the best price. I rarely use Google and I do not use a I-phone. If they were a monopoly, I would not be able to say that.

Which government?
Federal government.
LOLOL

The state of Florida can stil regulate them since they are exempt from lawsuits.

No they cannot.

Which government?
Federal government.
LOLOL

Fucking moron, Florida law has nothing to do with federal law. :cuckoo:

The federal government is a separate jurisdiction.

No they are not. I rarely use Amazon except when they have the best price. I rarely use Google and I do not use a I-phone. If they were a monopoly, I would not be able to say that.
Google owns 90% of the search engine business. Facebook and Twitter control 90% of their markets. That was all the justifation needed to prosecute Standard Oil for restraint of trade.

Google owns 90% of the search engine business. Facebook and Twitter control 90% of their markets. That was all the justifation needed to prosecute Standard Oil for restraint of trade.
This fails as a false comparison fallacy.

Unlike oil wells and oil fields which are finite, the internet is infinite; there’s ample opportunity for communication online.

‘The judge said the FTC complaint "says almost nothing concrete on the key question of how much power Facebook actually had... it is almost as if the agency expects the court to simply nod to the conventional wisdom that Facebook is a monopolist."

[…]

Boasberg wrote that "the market at issue here is unusual in a number of ways, including that the products therein are not sold for a price... the court is thus unable to understand exactly what the agency's '60 percent-plus' figure is even referring to, let alone able to infer the underlying facts that might substantiate it."’

Which government?
Federal government.
LOLOL

Fucking moron, Florida law has nothing to do with federal law. :cuckoo:

The federal government is a separate jurisdiction.
If the federal government can regulate Facebook, then so can Florida, moron.

This fails as a false comparison fallacy.

Unlike oil wells and oil fields which are finite, the internet is infinite; there’s ample opportunity for communication online.

‘The judge said the FTC complaint "says almost nothing concrete on the key question of how much power Facebook actually had... it is almost as if the agency expects the court to simply nod to the conventional wisdom that Facebook is a monopolist."

[…]

Boasberg wrote that "the market at issue here is unusual in a number of ways, including that the products therein are not sold for a price... the court is thus unable to understand exactly what the agency's '60 percent-plus' figure is even referring to, let alone able to infer the underlying facts that might substantiate it."’

That will get appealed all the way to the Supreme Court, and you know how they will decide it.

Forum List

Back