Florida GOP State Senator Wants National Anthem Law

okfine

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2019
Gold Coast
"As noted by WFLA's Evan Donovan, Florida State Sen. Joe Gruters has introduced legislation that would bar governmental entities from entering into agreements with professional sports teams if they don't play the United States national anthem at the start of each game."

Stop and think a little Mr. Senator. When don't you hear the anthem played at a game or event?
When asked by a Democratic Senator that question the Florida Senator replied...

"I don't know if there's any known instances," Gruters conceded. "This is just to make sure, as a proactive approach, that people continue to play it."

Sure thing, Mr. Gruters.

Mr. Chairman, I would like to add an amendment to this proposed legislation which will require all negro professional sports players be required to sign a loyalty oath to the United States Constitution and to stand with hands over hearts during the playing of our great national anthem. God bless America!

require all negro professional sports players
No point clinging to that controversy. It's passe'. The "market" mostly took care of that. Most sports-loving Americans made it clear that such behavior isn't something they'll pay to watch. Next?

Holy crap

This "playing to the paranoid rube base" thing just doesn't stop.
It's just a kind of tit-for-tat. Action, reaction, repeat. If you want to see a REAL FIGHT, watch what happens if your media 5th column manages to get the filibuster dumped and the "voting rights" legislation rammed through. I don't really expect rank and file members of that party to grasp the danger but those at the top, certainly do.
It will destroy the little confidence left in our elections - whether you believe that or not, matters not - and once people stop believing they have a voice in the making of our laws, very ugly consequences begin.

"As noted by WFLA's Evan Donovan, Florida State Sen. Joe Gruters has introduced legislation that would bar governmental entities from entering into agreements with professional sports teams if they don't play the United States national anthem at the start of each game."

Stop and think a little Mr. Senator. When don't you hear the anthem played at a game or event?
When asked by a Democratic Senator that question the Florida Senator replied...

"I don't know if there's any known instances," Gruters conceded. "This is just to make sure, as a proactive approach, that people continue to play it."

Sure thing, Mr. Gruters.

1642538838076.png

Those teams are free to build their stadiums without tax dollars or tax deferment on the land since they appear to be able to pay millions of dollars to each player on the team.

*****SMILE*****

:)

Mr. Chairman, I would like to add an amendment to this proposed legislation which will require all negro professional sports players be required to sign a loyalty oath to the United States Constitution and to stand with hands over hearts during the playing of our great national anthem. God bless America!
At least they won''t be driving drunk and killing people for a few minutes.

Same Republican Playbook where they pass laws banning Sharia Law and Critical Race Theory

Nobody is actually proposing it, but they need a law

These poor pandering MAGA turds, constantly seeking ways to be creative, hoping to catch Trump's wandering eye.

It's like some kind of twisted reality game show.

"He loves me! He really, really loves me!"

Should the anthem be scrapped all together?
no just at sporting events.....whats the purpose?.....most people stand but are talking or going to get a beer....and then there may be someone who sings it pretty bad.....are those in attendance better citizens because of it?......

These poor pandering MAGA turds, constantly seeking ways to be creative, hoping to catch Trump's wandering eye.

It's like some kind of twisted reality game show.

"He loves me! He really, really loves me!"
Yeah... yet it's almost always some Lefty that keeps bringing him up. Seems odd dunnit?

no just at sporting events.....whats the purpose?.....most people stand but are talking or going to get a beer....and then there may be someone who sings it pretty bad.....are those in attendance better citizens because of it?......
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, for now, but if you take the time to look around, I think you'll find that being an American citizen doesn't really mean anything unless people are willing to engage and be a part of that tradition. It may seem cliche or maybe hyperbole to you, but this nation isn't eternal or untouchable. It CAN fall apart and someone seems intent on trying to help that process along.

If the Democrat party manages to pass their voting "protections", this nation will be at the threshold of true violent, internal conflict. Since that kind of madness will help NO American... Qui Bono?

Forum List

Back