Flaw with back to the future ??

OMG!

So many of you continue to flunk on the most basic of levels.

That atoms/molecules that make up YOU and your "time machine" can only exist here and now in the present, or exist in their prior/past forms in that PAST (or FUTURE) you wish to travel to.

Matter can not exist in two places in two separate time frames!

That IS one of the few LAWs of Science we can and should acknowledge.
Either IT/YOU are here or there (Past of Future), but can't be both(or many). There is a finite amount of matter~energy in this Cosmos and it takes different forms and placements along the time-line of our continuum.

I continue to bang my head against the wall in view of such ignorance!

You go back in time but you don’t land on earth because earth is in a different location in space and time So you end up dead in outer space

Or you simply stay on Earth, which is where you started before the time jump.

Why do you think that the Earth and the time jumper would have their own INDIVIDUAL space and time?

toobfreak
Because earth is moving at 10,000 mph or so

If you don’t know exactly where earth will be , then you end of dead in the vacuum

toobfreak
It does not as earth changes direction in orbit
. You would have to have the exact same days and months and factor in leap years .
Most likely then , you would die in the middle of the ocean

It does not as earth changes direction in orbit

Look, I'll try one last time. Is anything in your room flying off the shelves smashing against the wall at 10,000 mph right now?

NO, because it is moving right along with the Earth in a common frame of reference, just as with the spaceframe of a traveler, whether moving positionally on the Earth or moving chronosynclastically in time.

Whether in 2021 or 1856, the corner of Hollywood and Vine is still the corner of Hollywood and Vine.

You are not traveling in time for a fixed spot within the universe because the universe HAS no fixed spots! You are moving through time for a particular place ON THE EARTH.

The Earth's rotation around the Sun is irrelevant because that motion only exists relative to the Sun itself.

I did not think of this but a brilliant man did

The scene when they are being chased by a Muslim terrorist and go back to 1955 ??

Do you see the flaw here ??

The doctor never takes into consideration where the earths path is around the sun ??
So if you just went back to February of 1922 when the date is now July ??
You see the problem ??

You go back in time but you don’t land on earth because earth is in a different location in space and time

So you end up dead in outer space

Now if you picked the exact date then you have to pick the exact time or you end up dead in the ocean due to Earths tilt
How do you know that the Flux Capacitor doesn't compensate for this?

More grist for the mill ...

The Physics of Time: Why Time Travel May Be Impossible​

All of your dreams about time travel are about to be squashed.​

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Why the Flow of Time Is an Illusion​

Getting human feeling to match the math is an ultimate goal in physics.
~~~~~~~~~~​

What 'The Adam Project' Gets Wrong About Time Travel—According to Scientist​

More grist for the mill ...

The Physics of Time: Why Time Travel May Be Impossible​

All of your dreams about time travel are about to be squashed.​

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Why the Flow of Time Is an Illusion​

Getting human feeling to match the math is an ultimate goal in physics.​

~~~~~~~~~~​

What 'The Adam Project' Gets Wrong About Time Travel—According to Scientist​

I'm guessing, but in terms of speed to time travel, I think we would not recognize the change in time unless we can watch our atomic clock. However, let's say you're running to catch a ball on Earth, if you're at a higher elevation, it would be easier. Or what if you can run faster than most others and so you can catch the ball easier. Then we can see the comparison between an above average athlete vs an average athlete.

Mr Clean
You can’t just randomly go back in time or you may end up in the vacuum of space
Part of the problem is how we are traveling through time. We would need some kind of protection if we are in outer space or traveling at great speeds. If we can do it in our atmosphere, then we can fly in some rocket or jet. The early sci-fi from the 60s through 80s had some kind of time traveling vehicle on the ground.

james bond
The energy needed to wrap space /time is far more than the entire earths combined energy

It would take a civilization that is thousands of more years advanced . You would have to manipulate stars

AI may not even occur for centuries

We need to spend all $$$ on genetic engineering

james bond
The energy needed to wrap space /time is far more than the entire earths combined energy

It would take a civilization that is thousands of more years advanced . You would have to manipulate stars
I would think we are talking something imaginary as it isn't in our current realm of possibility. We would have to discover something like dark energy. That's the thinking that I've read.

Even AI technology is a joke

Insects are far smarter than billions in AI machines

We don't know what we don't know. Lot's of people in this thread talking about what human kind simply doesn't know right now.

I have to listen to the Professor more.

"Muller’s theory on the flow of time merges two ideas: the expansion of the universe, and the concept of spacetime. The universe is expanding, but not because the stars are flying away from each other. Instead, the fabric of spacetime is expanding, while the stars stay put.

Just let that sink in a moment."

Last edited:

Forum List

Back