First WI casualty of Right to Work (for less), Major company moving to Minnesota

I've lived in Wi all my life. Things are not improving.

Yes WI is cutting education...k-12. Every district around me is going to referendums to stay afloat. Luckily, the npeople are smart snuff to pass them so as not to punish the kids.

Referendums are a staple in many states, nothing new.

Yes WI is cutting education...k-12. Every district around me is going to referendums to stay afloat. Luckily, the npeople are smart snuff to pass them so as not to punish the kids.

It's evidently not bad enough for you to move. so just gripe gripe gripe for the childreeeeeeeeeeeeeen.

So that $10 I got back from walkers cut will be replaced by an increase so other kids have an opportunity to go to a school that isn't cutting everything under the sun. That's ok though as its a very small price to pay to help them out.

Step you have to look past yourself ...something the tea party just can't figure out.

sorry, you'll have to sell that to your lefty friends....in most cases school districts waste money, then hold the kids hostage to get more money to waste....see it here in Illinois all the time.......they create job after job for expensive administrators with sweet heart benefits packages and then cry poor.....of course...the solution...give them more money or they stick it to the kids...typical democrat strategy for raising taxes and getting more money...

One year...the local school said they needed a referendum or the kids class sizes would shrink, teachers would be fired and on and on...of course the good citizens of our school district voted for the new money.....after the money was approved........they built an brand new field house for the football team and refurbished the bleachers......

suckers...........

sorry, you'll have to sell that to your lefty friends....in most cases school districts waste money, then hold the kids hostage to get more money to waste....see it here in Illinois all the time.......they create job after job for expensive administrators with sweet heart benefits packages and then cry poor.....of course...the solution...give them more money or they stick it to the kids...typical democrat strategy for raising taxes and getting more money...

One year...the local school said they needed a referendum or the kids class sizes would shrink, teachers would be fired and on and on...of course the good citizens of our school district voted for the new money.....after the money was approved........they built an brand new field house for the football team and refurbished the bleachers......

suckers...........
That's just fucking ignorant. Republicans think if they slash education and fire teachers that will improve quality education. Well, look at the moron who wrote the above post. Sometimes, the "education" just doesn't take. You can't blame the teacher. At least you made the education available and some took advantage of it.

Well, I''m sure Wisconsin will be getting more McDonald's, Burger Kings and companies like that.

Hoffman Construction, a major road building and mining company is abandoning Wisconsin because of the Right to Work legislation just passed.
According to Duluth News Tribune "Hoffman said Monday night that the reason is twofold: he believes the right-to-work law will ultimately cost his company money, and he sees Minnesota’s proposal to increase transportation funding as offering greater business opportunities."
Some companies realize that union work is an advantage to companies. Working together on problems, joint safety committees, agreeing on other items like seniority, vacation, health care can only make a company stronger.
First WI casualty of Right to Work Major company moving to Minnesota

"and he sees Minnesota’s proposal to increase transportation funding as offering greater business opportunities.""

What a bunch of leftwing spin. I've highlighted the Money Shot. The company thinks it can get more money from transportation project contracts in MN. He's following the business opportunity for his feeding from the public trough business model.

So, we have a Rare Bird - a businessman at least mildly sympathetic to organized labor (and, quite likely, a registered Democrat), who pontificates that union workers are better than non-union workers - citing lightweight joint-committee involvement as the basis for determining profitability - with the story picked up by - of all things - The Daily Kos?

Puh-leeze.

What a smelly, steaming pile of Left Wingnut horseshit.

Yeah move to Mpls which is in process of turning into another failed democratic city. Some painful truths about Minneapolis Public Schools academic progress MinnPost

Superintendent Bernadeia Johnson is fond of saying that culture will eat strategy for lunch. What if the culture she has been trying, with broad swaths of the city behind her, to change for four years has taken a final, fatal bite of her once-bold strategy?
Third grade is the time by which basic literacy is required if a student is to stand a chance of keeping up in other subjects. One in six Native American third-graders now reads at grade level vs. 44 percent in 2010. One in five African American third-graders are proficient, as are 23 percent and 24 percent of Latinos and Africans, respectively.

suckers...........
That's just fucking ignorant. Republicans think if they slash education and fire teachers that will improve quality education. Well, look at the moron who wrote the above post. Sometimes, the "education" just doesn't take. You can't blame the teacher. At least you made the education available and some took advantage of it.

no, you fucking moron.....you obviously failed to,learn how to read at the government school controlled by the education wing of the democrat party you were forced to attend.....
Republicans don't slash education....democrats spend education money on their allies in the democrat controlled teachers unions, waste education money on stupid projects that don't educate children.....and when they have blown out their budgets....and all the money is not only gone but the school district is in financial ruins......

Then the democrats blame republicans for not wanting to just give them more money to spend on their union allies, wasteful, unnecessary administrators, and wasteful, unhelpful projects.........and then the democrats,drag out the teachers and kids and threaten to fire teachers and hurt the kids unless the citizens and taxpayers cave to their demands...

lather, Rinse, repeat...until here is no money left at all.......a and then the democrat minions in the media blame the republicans when they try to sort out the mess.....

Democrats,are vile......

Sorry, you are wrong....repubs in WI are cutting state aid for k 12 education. My taxes will be going up because I will consider that the kids are entitled to a decent education from decently paid teachers. I will resoundingly vote yes so the school can continue to function as is. Those who are short sighted will see it differently.

Any business that can be destroyed by a private union is a poorly run business. It is that simple. Those jobs are best left unfilled.

Sorry, you are wrong....repubs in WI are cutting state aid for k 12 education. My taxes will be going up because I will consider that the kids are entitled to a decent education from decently paid teachers. I will resoundingly vote yes so the school can continue to function as is. Those who are short sighted will see it differently.

Look deep......if the state has to cut funds...it is because they don't have them because when the lefties were in charge they spent all the cash and ran up all the credit cards.....and will use the kids as hostages to get taxes increased.....

And now the Republicans have to fix the mess.....

Only good things can happen when workers are exploited.

China is a perfect example of that. Just ask Special Ed.

"Look deep......if the state has to cut funds...it is because they don't have them because when the lefties were in charge they spent all the cash and ran up all the credit cards.....and will use the kids as hostages to get taxes increased....."

Not buying that. Expecting high quality while cutting and gutting is a pile of bunk. We're going to cut k - 12 education yet give 220 million to the pro basketball team for a new stadium. Talk about poor investment. Public money going to a private organization. Wrong.

Yeah move to Mpls which is in process of turning into another failed democratic city. Some painful truths about Minneapolis Public Schools academic progress MinnPost

Superintendent Bernadeia Johnson is fond of saying that culture will eat strategy for lunch. What if the culture she has been trying, with broad swaths of the city behind her, to change for four years has taken a final, fatal bite of her once-bold strategy?
Third grade is the time by which basic literacy is required if a student is to stand a chance of keeping up in other subjects. One in six Native American third-graders now reads at grade level vs. 44 percent in 2010. One in five African American third-graders are proficient, as are 23 percent and 24 percent of Latinos and Africans, respectively.
Republicans don't care for Latinos, blacks or Native Americans. So they say cutting funding for schooling will "help" these people. What a crock of shit.

Forum List

Back