What's new
US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Powered Flight on Another Planet a Success

Blues Man

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm having a hard time not thinking that flying a toy helicopter on Mars was nothing but a waste of money
The 5th flight of Ingenuity was successful and landed in new location. It was a one-way flight and during this flight drone gained a new altitude — 10 meters. It was a new record. On the whole, helicopter just started to perform its mission — to explore new sites for the rover, and it does it successfully. So as you can see Ingenuity makes an important job and helps scientists in the exploration of Mars
Still a waste of money.
I can partially agree with you. There are a lot of issues on Earth that could have benn solved with the usage of money NASA spent on Perseverance mission. However, we need to move forward and keep on exploring space. And the Perseverance mission shows a great result in Mars exploration area
I don't see how spending billions of dollars exploring mars will give us any benefits.

Blues Man

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm having a hard time not thinking that flying a toy helicopter on Mars was nothing but a waste of money
The 5th flight of Ingenuity was successful and landed in new location. It was a one-way flight and during this flight drone gained a new altitude — 10 meters. It was a new record. On the whole, helicopter just started to perform its mission — to explore new sites for the rover, and it does it successfully. So as you can see Ingenuity makes an important job and helps scientists in the exploration of Mars
And the overall context is that nothing like this has ever been done in the humsn history. It is in the class of the most cutting edge achievments. The engineering, design and execution could not have been accomplished in any other way known to man. This is the first and only first.

It's flying a drone by remote control.

Little kids do it every day.

teodor88

Rookie
Reaction score
And the overall context is that nothing like this has ever been done in the humsn history. It is in the class of the most cutting edge achievments. The engineering, design and execution could not have been accomplished in any other way known to man. This is the first and only first.

It's flying a drone by remote control.

Little kids do it every day.
The Ingenuity helicopter just started to perform its mission — to explore new sites for the rover, and it does it successfully. We need to explore and get to know something new in the area of space because now it might be the largest mystery for humans.

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$350.00
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List