First in the nation, healthcare is now a human right in Oregon

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Another first.
This state has now fully become the leftist's utopia. We've decriminalized ALL illicit drugs, we damn near have made it nearly impossible to buy a gun with Measure 114 that these asswipes voted for, and now healthcare is a 'human right'.
Anytime you hear someone say "healthcare should be a human right", what they're really saying is, "someone else needs to pay for my healthcare".

Voters in Oregon pass health care measure​

By AP staff (AP)
PORTLAND, Ore. Nov. 14, 2022 9:01 p.m.
Oregon voters have narrowly passed a measure that decrees health care a human right.
Measure 111 makes Oregon the first state in the nation to change its constitution to explicitly declare affordable health care a fundamental right.

The amendment reads: “It is the obligation of the state to ensure that every resident of Oregon has access to cost-effective, clinically appropriate and affordable health care as a fundamental right.”

It does not define “cost-effective, clinically appropriate and affordable,” nor does it say who would foot the bill.

Democrats announced their plans for health care before passing Obamacare

Essentially it will be gutted, so don't expect to live as long as your parents

Apparently, government only is concerned about cutting costs when it comes to YOUR health care

Meanwhile, those in Congress have the best health care in the world as they continue in office to the age of 90 or longer.

They have joined the ranks of North Korea and Cuba and Venezuela as having mandatory free health care.

And they will get what they pay for is all I can think at this point.

It's mind boggling what has happened in this state. You can shoot up heroin right in the streets, and the most that will happen to you is you'll get a ticket, that they'll wave if you make a phone call.
With this election, we went from one of the easiest states to obtain a firearm, to now one of the hardest.
And now, healthcare is a "human right".

It's mind boggling what has happened in this state. You can shoot up heroin right in the streets, and the most that will happen to you is you'll get a ticket, that they'll wave if you make a phone call.
With this election, we went from one of the easiest states to obtain a firearm, to now one of the hardest.
And now, healthcare is a "human right".
Time to move.

I pay my own bills. Maybe you should try it sometime, it builds character. Something sorely lacking in the world of the left!
No wonder you mutants are losing support among more and more Americans. Telling people that them dying because they can't afford healthcare will build character is an insufficient government policy for non mutant citizens.

Technically Western Europe also, South Korea, most if not all Central European countries, Canada, and Australia. in fact its hard to find a First World nation without it. Singapore's reportedly very good.

We're the outlier.
America already has government run health care, it's' called the VA

And the scandals from the VA are numerous in terms of lack of resources and adequate care.

Many in the VA only seek help medically for simple things, but the more complicated things they go elsewhere.

Democrats don't want them to have that choice, nor do they want us to have that choice.

In fact, I recently spoke with a man from England who came to live in the US. I asked him why he moved to the US. He said they misdiagnosed his son in England, and once that was done no other doctors wanted to overturn the diagnosis in their state run health care. Oh, and he was not able to sue any of them.

So he came to the US, diagnosed correctly, and just doing fine now.

The problem with state run health care is there is no one to run to when the government does you wrong. Everyone eventually will do you wrong, then who can you run too?

Government should be the referee, and not run with the ball without any referees.

And the scandals from the VA are numerous in terms of lack of resources and adequate care.

Many in the VA only seek help medically for simple things, but the more complicated things they go elsewhere.

Democrats don't want them to have that choice, nor do they want us to have that choice.

In fact, I recently spoke with a man from England who came to live in the US. I asked him why he moved to the US. He said they misdiagnosed his son in England, and once that was done no other doctors wanted to overturn the diagnosis in their state run health care. Oh, and he was not able to sue any of them.

The problem with state run health care is there is no one to run to when the government does you wrong. Everyone eventually will do you wrong, then who can you run too?

Government should be the referee, and not run with the ball without any referees.
The solution to that is to appropriately fund the VA, not hope they have enough money to pay for their procedures privately. And it's not as if we can't see that other first world countries can indeed provide Healthcare to all their citizens while producing better results, because we can. The life expectancy of Americans is comparable to third world nations. All the first world nations with universal Healthcare have healthier citizens who live longer and are far less likely to go bankrupt dealing with medical costs.

Government imposed equality in things like Healthcare make everyone equally miserable.

Except those that can afford to jet off somewhere else, i.e. the US, and pay for better quality.

Yeah, because replacing them with uncaring government bureaucrats would result in a better situation.....
I'm not sure why we must assume they are uncaring government bureaucrats. My mother worked for decades in the social services department of Miami Dade helping parents find child care and putting them in touch with volunteer groups and helping them fill out all the various forms one needs in order to actually receive government assistance and she loved her job and loved helping people.

Forum List

Back