Finally got pics of the last bath with the glass installed

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Customer hired a "new" company to fabricate the glass and what a disaster it was for them.
They had to remake the door THREE TIMES. Tried to blame it on the angle of the short returns on the left and right. Course that was complete jibberish lol

IMG_0772.jpg
IMG_0777.jpg
20210920_120342.jpg

The last pic shows the original shower before the redo

Customer hired a "new" company to fabricate the glass and what a disaster it was for them.
They had to remake the door THREE TIMES. Tried to blame it on the angle of the short returns on the left and right. Course that was complete jibberish lol

View attachment 572122View attachment 572123View attachment 572124

The last pic shows the original shower before the redo

When we did some remodeling in our master bath we had the same problem.
They kept fucking up the fitment of the glass. The glass was $2K plus installation and the dumbfucks wanted me to settle for a shit job.
I told em you can either get it right or you can take your glass and fuck off. It took them four fucken tries to get it right.
And get this,there's a clear plastic piece on the glass edge as a seal. It was all scuffed up and the guy wiped it down with some WD-40 and of course the scratches disappeared.....right up until the WD dried.
Thats the oldest trick in the book. I used to do the same for a scratched up Trava-Dial lense when machining and knew damn good and well it wasnt going to solve the problem.

Similar to the glass wall in our shower (already installed when we bought the house)
I frigged with it several times till I managed to get it to stay closed. It wouldn't stay shut.
I took it off (and they are heavy as hell) cleaned everything spotless... still wouldn't shut.
Kept screwing with it, now it will stay shut but it rubs against the wall just a bit.
Probably the same problem, the glass doesn't fit or the fixtures have bent a little.

Either way... I know of other buddies at the office who have the same problems.
I think these glass walls look awesome, but over time they stop working right and you are left with something that would
cost a small fortune to fix.
Mine, the fixtures, have no writing on them. And the glass has nothing on it anywhere either... so I have no idea who made it.

• Banned
Similar to the glass wall in our shower (already installed when we bought the house)
I frigged with it several times till I managed to get it to stay closed. It wouldn't stay shut.
I took it off (and they are heavy as hell) cleaned everything spotless... still wouldn't shut.
Kept screwing with it, now it will stay shut but it rubs against the wall just a bit.
Probably the same problem, the glass doesn't fit or the fixtures have bent a little.

Either way... I know of other buddies at the office who have the same problems.
I think these glass walls look awesome, but over time they stop working right and you are left with something that would
cost a small fortune to fix.
Mine, the fixtures, have no writing on them. And the glass has nothing on it anywhere either... so I have no idea who made it.
Sounds like your door is out of level. Any glass company should be able to help you out with that. ie some grinding behind one of the hinges or some thin silicone spacers maybe. Glass is attached to the walls and walls made of timber expand and contract with age and temperature changes

Forum List

Back