Geaux4it

Intensity Factor 4-Fold
May 31, 2009
Tennessee
Interesting. I get it... but interesting nonetheless

-Geaux
-------------------

Ferguson With AR- 15’s For Epic Rights Flexing March

Oath Keepers To Arm 50 Black Protesters In Ferguson With AR- 15’s For Epic Rights Flexing March

oath-keepers.jpg

FERGUSON (TFTP) The Missouri chapter of the Oath Keepers are planning to hold an open carry march through downtown Ferguson, Mo., which will reportedly involve arming 50 black protestors with AR-15 rifles.

The decision to hold the event transpired after St. Louis County officials, in violation of Missouri’s open carry law, insisted that members of the group could not open carry long barrel rifles within the city. In a video uploaded to YouTube, police chief Jon Belmar is seen warning a number of Oath Keepers that open carrying long barrel rifles would be a violation of the law.

“My only problem is with the long guns and inciting these guys out here,” Belmar said, referring to the Ferguson protesters.

When one of the men questioned Belmar regarding Missouri’s open carry law, he responded by saying, “I have attorneys. I didn’t go to law school. I get what you guys stand for and probably agree with most of it. All I’m trying to do is manage this thing.”

While trying to simply manage things is semi-understandable, it’s Belmar’s duty to assure that those he employs respect Missouri’s open carry law and the Constitutional rights’ of American citizens.

Head of the St. Louis County, Mo. Oath Keepers group, Sam Andrews called Belmar out for his blatant disregard of the law.

“He (Belmar) was thumbing his nose at the legislature of the State of Missouri. It was like he couldn’t give a crap about the Bill of Rights or state law.”
Andrews told Red Dirt News that the march would be held in the next “couple of weeks,” as a means of demonstrating the veracity of Missouri’s open carry law to law enforcement.

Oath Keepers To Arm 50 Black Protesters In Ferguson With AR- 15 s For Epic Rights Flexing March

This should be interesting.

The Oath Keepers are all military and police. While they have an understanding of laws....I'd hope they also have an understanding of common sense crisis control.

What happened to the (intelligent, logical) laws against carrying closed-action, loaded firearms on the road? It was like this in the states where I used to live.

I'm very pro gun. But we should use some of that personal responsibility we talk about. Carrying an AR15 openly....unless you are on duty military or LE...isn't necessarily smart. It's not appropriate for cops most times either outside of riots or crisis situations.

Open carry pistol? Sure. A rifle? Meh. Just not smart. It's like swimming in an alligator infested pond. Legal...yes. Smart...no.

This should be interesting.

The Oath Keepers are all military and police. While they have an understanding of laws....I'd hope they also have an understanding of common sense crisis control.

Common sense crisis control = hitting what you shoot at and making sure it stays down when you do.

What happened to the (intelligent, logical) laws against carrying closed-action, loaded firearms on the road? It was like this in the states where I used to live.

What's wrong with carrying a weapon in public? I don't notice the cops who are armed. Why a law abiding citizen with a rifle stands out is beyond me

-Geaux

Sheesh, couldn't have anything to do with what some people carrying openly in grade schools, shopping malls and theaters have done, could it?

Interesting you listed all the common "gun free zones" that didn't do squat to stop the criminals who then opened fire.

I'm very pro gun. But we should use some of that personal responsibility we talk about. Carrying an AR15 openly....unless you are on duty military or LE...isn't necessarily smart. It's not appropriate for cops most times either outside of riots or crisis situations.

Open carry pistol? Sure. A rifle? Meh. Just not smart. It's like swimming in an alligator infested pond. Legal...yes. Smart...no.

I tend to agree for the most part, this isn't Peshawar.

However these guys are doing it to make a point, and I agree with it.

Notice the headline "oath keepers to arm 50 Black protesters". Actually the article includes the words "planning" and "reportedly" so the real headline would be "it's reported that the oath keepers plan to etc". Sounds a little different doesn't it ?

QUOTE="there4eyeM, post: 12100003, member: 38058"]...or someone behind them with a gun?...[/QUOTE]

You think they are being herded?

:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back