Feds Can't Keep Track of Your Tax Dollars - The Error Rates Are Staggering

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Hell, nobody can even tell us how many different entities there are in the Executive Branch. How can they tell us how, when, and where the money is being spent?

Under the Digital Accountability and Transparency Act (DATA), agencies are required by law to submit their spending records to USAspending.gov.

However, a review of just 25 of the 96 federal agencies shows more than half of the information submitted, 55 percent, was either incomplete, inaccurate or both.

That adds up to $240 billion of government spending unaccounted for.

Much more @ Shocking Report Shows Feds Can't Keep Track of Your Tax Dollars - The Error Rates Are Staggering

Hell, nobody can even tell us how many different entities there are in the Executive Branch. How can they tell us how, when, and where the money is being spent?

Under the Digital Accountability and Transparency Act (DATA), agencies are required by law to submit their spending records to USAspending.gov.

However, a review of just 25 of the 96 federal agencies shows more than half of the information submitted, 55 percent, was either incomplete, inaccurate or both.

Much more @ Shocking Report Shows Feds Can't Keep Track of Your Tax Dollars - The Error Rates Are Staggering
Welcome to trump's admin. My guess is that the DoD is the #1 culprit. They should be audited and the military industrial gravy train for contractors should be halted.

Welcome to trump's admin. My guess is that the DoD is the #1 culprit. They should be audited and the military industrial gravy train for contractors should be halted.

Do you honestly think this is just due to Trump? I feel pretty secure in thinking this sort of problem is one of bureaucracy and government in general, not any one administration.

Well they gotta fund Area-51 and the child sex slave colony on Mars......... :eusa_whistle:

:wtf:
Have you ever had a thought the DNC didn't tell you to have? :dunno:

Our tax system is a mess. It needs to be simplified and made more just. But many folks have been saying that for many years. And still, nothing has been done. I gave up on Big Brother years ago. He isn't serving your best interests. It is what it is.

I blame FDR, Truman, LBJ, Carter, Clinton, Obama, and Hillary.

It's probably mostly the DOD and Medicare.

Lol. This not a new problem.

State Dept. misplaced $6B under Hillary Clinton: IG report

Do you honestly think this is just due to Trump? I feel pretty secure in thinking this sort of problem is one of bureaucracy and government in general, not any one administration.
I don't. But he certainly isn't helping with some of his appointees. This would be labeled part of the swamp by some and it is appears to be undrained.

Oh...is it not his admin?? Is he not aware of the happenings in his admin?

Our tax system is a mess. It needs to be simplified and made more just. But many folks have been saying that for many years. And still, nothing has been done. I gave up on Big Brother years ago. He isn't serving your best interests. It is what it is.
When you say simplified what do you have in mind?

I blame the voters that have only elected Democrats and Republicans, we the people have not held them accountable. The Democrats and Republicans know they can just blame each other and then whatever the hell they want.

The solution is to find new parties that will protect the people and not the rich.

So I'm reading the report for myself instead of waiting for propagandists to tell me what bite-sized bullshit to parrot...

The Treasury Department IG found that 96.2 percent of the Treasury Department’s data submitted to the DATA Act Broker was inaccurate, resulting in approximately $684 million of the Treasury Department’s data submitted to USAspending.gov inaccurate.

Kearney determined that the State Department had a 54.8 percent accuracy error rate, but that number grew to 83.6 percent when accounting for external errors, such as errors attributed to the DATA Act Broker.194 When accounting for the errors attributable to both the DATA Act Broker and the State Department, roughly $3.1 billion of the department’s Q2 2017 spending was inaccurate when submitted to USAspending.gov.

The Department of Housing and Urban Development (“HUD”) IG found that HUD failed to comply with the DATA Act requirements for completeness and accuracy. Among the problems with HUD’s DATA Act submission was a failure to report $17.9 billion in incurred obligations.

The DOT IG reported an 81.6 percent rate of completeness and 96.6 percent rate of timeliness for DOT’s transactions tested.

The USDA IG found that 97.1 percent of USDA’s data submitted to the DATA Act Broker was inaccurate, resulting in approximately $37.83 billion of USDA’s data inaccurately submitted to USAspending.gov.

Overall, the IG indicated that approximately 60 percent of the data submitted by the VA for Q2 2017 was inaccurate, totaling roughly $36.8 billion incorrectly reported spending on USAspending.gov.

Both HHS and EPA IGs reported zero percent error rates for their respective agencies.224 As such, HHS and EPA were the only CFO Act agencies found to have accurately submitted all spending data to USAspending.gov in accordance with the DATA Act requirements.

And the winner is:
The DOD and DOE IGs reported their agencies had a 100 percent error rate for Q2 2017 spending submitted to USAspending.gov.

It’s been going on forever, administration after administration decade after decade. My biggest pet peeve with government is the waste, fraud, abuse, etc. that pols bark about now and then, usually election seasons, and then promptly forget all about afterwards.

Oh...is it not his admin?? Is he not aware of the happenings in his admin?
Oh so it hasn't been happening for as long as the Federal bureaucracy has been in place......? Look hack, not everything is Democrat vs Republican. Welcome to the real world.

Did trump fix it? No? Ok I guess he's at least as bad as hil-dawg.

Most of the inaccuracies in the report are the result of different types of accounting software with criterias which conflict with each other.

From the report:

USASPENDING.GOV PROVIDES INCONSISTENT SEARCH RESULTS FOR THE SAME PROGRAMS

USAspending.gov currently provides two ways for a user to search government spending: (1) an “Award Search” through a keyword or specific filters; or (2) through the “Spending Explorer.” An Award Search allows a user to search a keyword or perform an “advanced search” and filter results by the following fields: Time Period; Award Type; Agency; Location; Recipient; Recipient Type; Award Amount; Award ID; Catalog of Domestic Assistance program; North American Industry Classification System Code; Product/Service Code; Type of Contract Pricing; Type of Set Aside; and Extent Completed.

<snip>

Another example is the Department of Health and Human Services (“HHS”) Children’s Health Insurance Program (“CHIP”). The Award Search section on USAspending.gov attributes $15,582,421,905 in total obligations to CHIP for fiscal year 2017

And the Spending Explorer section of the website attributes $15,965,684,168 in total obligations to CHIP

USAspending.gov reports a difference of $383,262,263 in 2017 CHIP funding between the Award Search section and Spending Explorer section. In yet another data point, the HHS CMS Budget in Brief website states the CHIP program outlays for 2017 were approximately $15,015,000,000.

The result is potentially inconsistent results based on how the user chooses to navigate the website to any program of interest. Officials from the Treasury Department indicated to the Subcommittee that the “Award Search” and “Spending Explorer” sections of the USAspending.gov should “ideally” match. And that timing of when data populates the different sections accounts for the difference in spending figures for the same program.

I guarantee you the hack propagandists won't explain this to the rubes, and it won't be long before they are parroting a lot of manufactured bullshit about the "missing money".

It’s been going on forever, administration after administration decade after decade. My biggest pet peeve with government is the waste, fraud, abuse, etc. that pols bark about now and then, usually election seasons, and then promptly forget all about afterwards.

The Swamp Creatures like things just the way they are. Our Tax System could have been updated and simplified many years ago. Many have been calling for it for many years. But the reality is, Big Brother isn't serving your best interests. He's only serving his own.

So nothing's gonna change or get better. We're $22 Trillion in Debt, and it's only gonna get worse. I gave up on trusting Big Brother a long time ago. Nothing's gonna change in terms of helping Taxpayers. The Swamp Creatures don't want that. That's the honest dark reality.

Did trump fix it? No? Ok I guess he's at least as bad as hil-dawg.
Not only will Trump not fix it, he will feed the bullshit conspiracy theory about TH3 SWAMP stealing the "missing money".

Forum List

Back