Federally mandated Cameras for cops

Plasmaball

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2010
So.....we have some riots going on, we have story after story of cops being dicks when cameras are put on them and they dont seem to know it. So why not take a few billion, ( we don't need tanks so cut that out of the budget) and produce enough dash and body cameras for the police.
It would be an extremely easy fix and we wouldnt have brown cases popping up. Or is this just going to get a bunch of state right posts? We have no problem selling armored tanks to local small time Law enforcement, so why not give them some cameras?

i agree...i m just spitballing how to get those cameras onto those cops. it would be a small fix, but it might help.

It wouldn't help and might make things worse. There was a film of Mike Brown robbing the convenience store and throttling the clerk. That was character assassination. There was a body cam film of the entire incident between Danielle Watts getting arrested for lewdness and the cop who arrested her. It didn't help. The cop was fired for "filming" her.

If we are prepared not to believe the films what difference does it make if they exist.

So.....we have some riots going on, we have story after story of cops being dicks when cameras are put on them and they dont seem to know it. So why not take a few billion, ( we don't need tanks so cut that out of the budget) and produce enough dash and body cameras for the police.
It would be an extremely easy fix and we wouldnt have brown cases popping up. Or is this just going to get a bunch of state right posts? We have no problem selling armored tanks to local small time Law enforcement, so why not give them some cameras?

They would need to hire too many replacement cops. From what I hear almost half of the cops are racist and joined primarily because the KKK is going out of business.

It wouldn't help and might make things worse. There was a film of Mike Brown robbing the convenience store and throttling the clerk. That was character assassination. There was a body cam film of the entire incident between Danielle Watts getting arrested for lewdness and the cop who arrested her. It didn't help. The cop was fired for "filming" her.

If we are prepared not to believe the films what difference does it make if they exist.
sure if we ignore where they do have body cameras and issues have dropped by 80%...but you are on the right track!

Well who didn't see this coming. figures there was a ulterior motive behind all this. MORE FEDERAL control over YOUR LIVES. wake up people

The Fascist are running the riots and our government

that is up to a STATE the fed can go to hell along with Obama, Sharpton and Holder

I recently read that where these cameras are in use, there is no police brutality. We also know that police are killing more people now.

All that money they're using for tanks could be better spent to "serve and protect".

It's a sensible idea. My cousin, who is a cop, thinks it is an outstanding idea, because it also protects the cops.

Well who didn't see this coming. figures there was a ulterior motive behind all this. MORE FEDERAL control over YOUR LIVES. wake up people

The Fascist are running the riots and our government

that is up to a STATE the fed can go to hell along with Obama, Sharpton and Holder
what....

It's a sensible idea. My cousin, who is a cop, thinks it is an outstanding idea, because it also protects the cops.
exactly, which is why i think Obama should call on congress to act. Cut some aid to Israel and pay for it that way ;)

No, the cop was fired for leaking the tape to TMZ.

I know you like to make shit up, but let's keep it in the realm of reality.

They would need to hire too many replacement cops. From what I hear almost half of the cops are racist and joined primarily because the KKK is going out of business.

So we shouldn't put cameras on cops because then we would have to replace the ones causing problems? :confused-84::confused-84::confused-84:

Federally mandated Cameras for cops

You would have had me if it wasn't for the "federally mandated" shit. I'm sick and tired of people trying to give the federal government more power every time we identify a real problem or manufacture an imaginary one.

This can be done on the local level. If the people want Barney Fife wearing a camera, they should get it on the local ballot or make a lot of noise at the city council meetings and get it done.

Forum List

Back