Federal judge rules in favor of Abrams to delay state certification, protect provisional ballots

no taxation,
without representation!.
So, if you pay no taxes, you get no vote?

Very well. I agree.

^ so stupid

Amen! Everyone pays taxes - because everything is taxed.

Do Progressives still wonder why they're able to completely destroy an economy like Venezuela's in a decade?
the only people in government that destroyed and decimated the economy was George w Bush and Republicans, with the great recession!

Democrats always have to come in and CLEAN UP your/Republican MESSES and Economic DISASTERS that the republicans have left them with.... time and time again!

Trump is doing the same thing, he has created a bubble, by deficit spending tax cuts for corporations, that we've had to borrow the money to pay for them....

When it BUSTS, which it will... once again the Democrats will be left with cleaning the Republican mess up!

That's a fact, jack!

Wrong, the recession was caused by many factors, Bush policies, Clinton polices add in Congress passing laws and on and on. There were tons of articles that skipped the partisan BS and explain what really happened.

These timelines were created when they had near half the voters they do now.... wonder why the Florida Republican gvt, never revised the timeline to accommodate all of their voters?

why? Because the fewer legally cast votes that are counted, the better the chance Republicans win.... the more votes counted that were cast legally, the lesser chance of Repubs winning, I suppose...?

In 2000's recount all the judges laughed at the rules and the timelines, recount was going on a near month later.... missing timelines is NOT FRAUD.... it's making certain all votes are counted....

I sure as hell would not want my vote to be thrown out because a supervisor was overwhelmed and could not call in a vote count every 45 minutes or report a total 30 minutes after a poll closed....

that is utterly ridiculous and harmful to our democracy.

btw...in 2000 the SCOTUS Justices didn't laugh. They stopped it.
They found that there was a violation of the Equal Protection clause,
because different counties were counting "dimples" or not counting
"dimples." They then ruled that because there wasn't time to start
over and complete by the deadline...The recount must end.
Yes, the SC essentially stop it because in their opinion time ran out..... it was a bad decision and rebuked by all scholars....

The problem is Florida never corrected it..... every county has their own different voting apparatus..... Republican counties got good machines, the democratic got no money to upgrade theirs....

Snipes requested the money for an upgrade of voting apparatus and money for more workers in Browsed twice, last time 3 years ago and governor Scott turned her down.... Is what was on the news.

Calling in counts was NOT for the integrity of the vote, but for the media to report on it....

A 7-2 decision and you expect me to believe that ALL scholars rebuked it? I found in my readings, what ever side of the political spectrum the scholar was on, that determined the error or correctness of the decision.

Democrat Voter Fraud and Ballot Fraud is a Voting Rights violation.
The DOJ needs to investigate these cases.

These timelines were created when they had near half the voters they do now.... wonder why the Florida Republican gvt, never revised the timeline to accommodate all of their voters?

why? Because the fewer legally cast votes that are counted, the better the chance Republicans win.... the more votes counted that were cast legally, the lesser chance of Repubs winning, I suppose...?

In 2000's recount all the judges laughed at the rules and the timelines, recount was going on a near month later.... missing timelines is NOT FRAUD.... it's making certain all votes are counted....

I sure as hell would not want my vote to be thrown out because a supervisor was overwhelmed and could not call in a vote count every 45 minutes or report a total 30 minutes after a poll closed....

no offense...but what the fuck?

you have a week to vote early. you have a day you can get off to go vote. why is being conservative make it easier to vote than democrat?

we need to fix voting so yes processes, yes; but what is with the "you're making it too hard" mantra that never seems to be born out by reality?
Where did I say that? What I was talking about was the timelines for the counties to actually COUNT all the different types of votes cast.

As you can see, we are a week from the election and in many states, the final count is not done... yet the president wanted a count on election night as being the final tally, same with governor Scott, and apparently the count used for the final winner and NOTHING ELSE that came in, including the overseas Military vote, or the absentee vote or the provisional ballot vote and the Early vote and the mail in vote.... pretending like they are doing a good deed by allowing all of these different kinds of voting, yet not giving the counties time to count all of those different kinds of votes and calling the elections fraudulent because they want to and need to count all of the vote, is absurd.

It takes time for ALL of the votes to be counted.... and I was saying that Broward, just as an example, has nearly a million more people in the county than they did when these election rules were written in to law for calling in all of the vote counts, 30 minutes after closing and then every 45 minutes etc.... so the media can have them, and the cut offs for turning in different votes to the Secretary of State's office, needs to be revised and time needs to be given to account for big ass elections like this one so the bigger counties can have the time to get it done, accurately....

this spastic temper tantrum calling elections fraudulent simply because the vote isn't counted yet is ridiculous...

This was the largest midterm election in my lifetime, yet all of this bitching and moaning about Broward or Palm Beach or Arizona is utter bull crud imo.... Republicans may have given more hours and ways to vote, but they truly do not want those votes to be counted... if they are, they lose near every time imo...

and then to have to deal with all of the Republican bull crud on hard case provisional ballot boxes at schools and Avis rental car places putting more doubt on the process when in both cases no ballots were in them, only supplies just adds to the chaos... and gives a false impression that our votes are not sacred and our elections are fraudulent....

you have a week to vote early. you have a day you can get off to go vote. why is being conservative make it easier to vote than democrat?

we need to fix voting so yes processes, yes; but what is with the "you're making it too hard" mantra that never seems to be born out by reality?
Where did I say that? What I was talking about was the timelines for the counties to actually COUNT all the different types of votes cast.

As you can see, we are a week from the election and in many states, the final count is not done... yet the president wanted a count on election night as being the final tally, same with governor Scott, and apparently the count used for the final winner and NOTHING ELSE that came in, including the overseas Military vote, or the absentee vote or the provisional ballot vote and the Early vote and the mail in vote.... pretending like they are doing a good deed by allowing all of these different kinds of voting, yet not giving the counties time to count all of those different kinds of votes and calling the elections fraudulent because they want to and need to count all of the vote, is absurd.

It takes time for ALL of the votes to be counted.... and I was saying that Broward, just as an example, has nearly a million more people in the county than they did when these election rules were written in to law for calling in all of the vote counts, 30 minutes after closing and then every 45 minutes etc.... so the media can have them, and the cut offs for turning in different votes to the Secretary of State's office, needs to be revised and time needs to be given to account for big ass elections like this one so the bigger counties can have the time to get it done, accurately....

this spastic temper tantrum calling elections fraudulent simply because the vote isn't counted yet is ridiculous...

This was the largest midterm election in my lifetime, yet all of this bitching and moaning about Broward or Palm Beach or Arizona is utter bull crud imo.... Republicans may have given more hours and ways to vote, but they truly do not want those votes to be counted... if they are, they lose near every time imo...

and then to have to deal with all of the Republican bull crud on hard case provisional ballot boxes at schools and Avis rental car places putting more doubt on the process when in both cases no ballots were in them, only supplies just adds to the chaos... and gives a false impression that our votes are not sacred and our elections are fraudulent....

Your last paragraph is dripping with irony. There is a reason to wrap these things up fast.

btw...in 2000 the SCOTUS Justices didn't laugh. They stopped it.
They found that there was a violation of the Equal Protection clause,
because different counties were counting "dimples" or not counting
"dimples." They then ruled that because there wasn't time to start
over and complete by the deadline...The recount must end.
Yes, the SC essentially stop it because in their opinion time ran out..... it was a bad decision and rebuked by all scholars....

The problem is Florida never corrected it..... every county has their own different voting apparatus..... Republican counties got good machines, the democratic got no money to upgrade theirs....

Snipes requested the money for an upgrade of voting apparatus and money for more workers in Browsed twice, last time 3 years ago and governor Scott turned her down.... Is what was on the news.

Calling in counts was NOT for the integrity of the vote, but for the media to report on it....

A 7-2 decision and you expect me to believe that ALL scholars rebuked it? I found in my readings, what ever side of the political spectrum the scholar was on, that determined the error or correctness of the decision.
What was a 7 to 2 decision?

Bush v gore was a 5 to 4 decision... 5 Republican appointed Justices to 4 Democratic appointed Justices.

Your last paragraph is dripping with irony. There is a reason to wrap these things up fast.
then I would suggest the State give ALL the counties the most updated voting machines to accomplish that task.

and what is the reason to wrap it up fast...?

then I would suggest the State give all the counties the most updated voting machines to accomplish that task.

and what is the reason to wrap it up fast...?

To reduce the opportunity for people to do illegal shit.

What is with all of the delays being allowed? Is she expecting to find a couple of trucks of votes in her favor? You guys voted last Tuesday, I mean, they don't even know how many votes are outstanding.

Federal judge rules in favor of Abrams to delay state certification, protect provisional ballots

Every vote needs to be counted. Doesn't matter if it takes till December.

Every legal vote.

Precisely, and it's because Republicans refused to process 50,000 non-matching applications, requiring many more provisional votes to be checked out, and then tried to toss out thousands more early ballots claiming signatures didn't match, without notifying voters their votes have been rejected, that it's going to take a lot longer to check out these signatures, and process the non-matching voter applications.

These are legal votes that Republicans are desperate to have tossed out. And you're absolutely correct. They all need to be counted.
In Broward County, the head of elections - who has been caught in previous elections destroying ballots and breaking laws - violated election law by refusing to report the number of absentee ballots and visional ballots received, violated election law by illegally refusing to report every 45 minutes how many ballots there were / left unchecked, refused to allow monitors in as required by the law - once again she violated numerous laws...when no other precinct / district in the entire state had a problem doing so, not even those devastated by the recent hurricane.

Laws have ALREADY been broken.....

Big deal. So the head of elections is incompetent. Fire her, or put her in stocks on the town square. I don't care. That's no reason to deny all those people the right to have their ballots counted.
She's not incompetent - she is a repeat criminal, and you are arguing for lawlessbess as long as it benefits Democrats.

Every vote needs to be counted. Doesn't matter if it takes till December.

Every legal vote.

Precisely, and it's because Republicans refused to process 50,000 non-matching applications, requiring many more provisional votes to be checked out, and then tried to toss out thousands more early ballots claiming signatures didn't match, without notifying voters their votes have been rejected, that it's going to take a lot longer to check out these signatures, and process the non-matching voter applications.

These are legal votes that Republicans are desperate to have tossed out. And you're absolutely correct. They all need to be counted.
In Broward County, the head of elections - who has been caught in previous elections destroying ballots and breaking laws - violated election law by refusing to report the number of absentee ballots and visional ballots received, violated election law by illegally refusing to report every 45 minutes how many ballots there were / left unchecked, refused to allow monitors in as required by the law - once again she violated numerous laws...when no other precinct / district in the entire state had a problem doing so, not even those devastated by the recent hurricane.

Laws have ALREADY been broken.....

Big deal. So the head of elections is incompetent. Fire her, or put her in stocks on the town square. I don't care. That's no reason to deny all those people the right to have their ballots counted.
She's not incompetent - she is a repeat criminal, and you are arguing for lawlessbess as long as it benefits Democrats.

I'm not arguing for anybody. If she screwed everything up, dump her, do what ever you want Her screw up is no reason to not count ALL the valid votes that were cast

I'm not arguing for anybody. If she screwed everything up, dump her, do what ever you want Her screw up is no reason to not count ALL the valid votes that were cast
Knowing she had been caught, she dumped votes identified as illegal plus some not counted / checked in with thousands of legal ones, tainting the entire county elections.

Again, you avoid saying the words, "PROSECUTE HER" signaling you think what she did is not illegal and therefore she should not be charged with her crime.

IMO, all of browsed country votes should be tossed. They elected her knowing she is a criminal who repeatedly does this. I am also sure that is long as you toss all of the ballots from that County and the Democrat wins can Democrats and snowflakes won't have that much of a problem disenfranchising all of the voters there. All That Matters to them is that they win.

A lot of rules were put in to disenfranchise voters that were new.... when judges are involved, they always side with the constitution and it's intent.... some arbitrary time constraint, loses against democracy and our right to have representation.... we had a REVOLUTION over it!

no taxation,
without representation!

in the 2000 recount all the courts laughed off these time lines and cutoffs that truly served no purpose....
winners don't get sworn in and start their jobs until January 2019... plenty of time, to count ALL the votes

ALSO, this was the largest midterm election in history! at least in my lifetime! Lots more votes to count! lot's more ways to vote, early ballots, absentee ballots, mail in ballots, provisional ballots, and election day ballots...

Florida, and all states, need to change their rules and certification timelines, so all the votes can be counted imo.

Don’t forget undocumented voters, and before you start, Abrams said documented and undocumented people.
That’s what the slow down is, she’s suing because she wants illegals and prisoners votes counted, is that in the constitution?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Democrats are for importing criminals and allowing them to vote.

when you talk about the (R)s making it difficult to vote - how then? as for where did you say that -

"why? Because the fewer legally cast votes that are counted, the better the chance Republicans win.... the more votes counted that were cast legally, the lesser chance of Repubs winning, I suppose...?"

why is "fewer" being cast an R advantage? did it help hillary when she got 3 mil more than don and still lost? this is a vague generalization at best people use to make the other side the bad guys for no valid reason whatsoever that i can ascertain from what *you* said.

i'm all for legal voting. i'm CERTAINLY all for having to have a voter ID card in order to be ABLE to vote and you damn well better have proof of citizenship.

i'm ALL FOR cleaning up the mess of "turd registrations" for states or cities you've moved from and are still on the books. if your SSN moves to a new address, you should be removed from your old location unless you notify as to why you should still vote in that one.

i'm ALL FOR making the process more easy but much more secure. not sure how we do that yet unless we tie it to your voter ID card #. doesn't have to say who you voted for, only that ID did in fact vote. now it's online and digital and we don't need people in cities lugging around ballot boxes into storage closets and trunks of cars.

but the left LOVES to say this discourages legal voting and then comes up with "feel good" reasons to validate that which simply do not fall through. so before i assume your point, please explain to me how lesser votes = good for R's using real science not emotional "feelings" morris alpert would be proud of and then how we can keep districts and "repeat offenders" out of the system OF WHICH their own actions and continued "stupidity" brings the suspescion down upon them.

The idea that mixing the invalidated ballots back in was unintentional is ludicrous. That is why the entire process in Fla is completely invalid. As for Georgia feds have no constitutional standing to extend a states deadline. The rules for voting are constitutionally left to the states.

Forum List

Back