Feb 2016 Professors Prediction: Odds Of President Trump Range BETWEEN 97% AND 99%

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
I was cleaning out my Bookmarked Sites today and ran across this from February 24, 2016...keep in mind, this was after only five primaries (Nevada was the day before)...

A political science professor who claims his statistical model has correctly predicted the results of every election except for one in the last 104 years has forecast that the odds of Donald Trump becoming America’s next president currently range from 97 percent to 99 percent.

The professor is Helmut Norpoth of Stony Brook University, reports The Statesman, the campus newspaper at the public bastion on New York’s Long Island.

Specifically, Norpoth predicts that Trump has a 97 percent chance of beating Hillary Clinton and a 99 percent chance of beating Bernie Sanders.

Read more: Professor: Odds Of President Trump Range BETWEEN 97% AND 99%
I'm thinking Nat Silver is way out and Helmut Norpoth is in as the absolutely go to guy in Presidential Election prediction.

P.S.- Podesta didn't relinquish his email password to a phishing scam until March 16, 2016.

I was cleaning out my Bookmarked Sites today and ran across this from February 24, 2016...keep in mind, this was after only five primaries (Nevada was the day before)...

A political science professor who claims his statistical model has correctly predicted the results of every election except for one in the last 104 years has forecast that the odds of Donald Trump becoming America’s next president currently range from 97 percent to 99 percent.

The professor is Helmut Norpoth of Stony Brook University, reports The Statesman, the campus newspaper at the public bastion on New York’s Long Island.

Specifically, Norpoth predicts that Trump has a 97 percent chance of beating Hillary Clinton and a 99 percent chance of beating Bernie Sanders.

Read more: Professor: Odds Of President Trump Range BETWEEN 97% AND 99%
I'm thinking Nat Silver is way out and Helmut Norpoth is in as the absolutely go to guy in Presidential Election prediction.
Uh, don't you think its time you began building that bomb shelter and letting this nightmare election go.

P.S.- Podesta didn't relinquish his email password to a phishing scam until March 16, 2016.
And just for the record, anyone with a working brain cell could see that Hillary was gonna lose. I have never not voted in my adult life, yet I didn't vote for the white bitch....it was no brainer, fool

And just for the record, anyone with a working brain cell could see that Hillary was gonna lose. I have never not voted in my adult life, yet I didn't vote for the white bitch....it was no brainer, fool
You don't vote but you denigrate politicians and voters? Hmmmm.

Listen, I don't vote just for the sake of voting, that's not me. If you run a campaign that addresses my issues, my bottom line and and and if you give me, the respect as a voter...you get my vote. Hillary did nothing but shit all over blacks and expected us to vote for her. I don't play that way. You want my vote, you gonna earn it the hard way..not with some hip hop mf or Bill. Glad she lost, hate the fact Trump is president, but this election was a lose for everybody.
images

Listen, I don't vote just for the sake of voting, that's not me. If you run a campaign that addresses my issues, my bottom line and and and if you give me, the respect as a voter...you get my vote. Hillary did nothing but shit all over blacks and expected us to vote for her. I don't play that way. You want my vote, you gonna earn it the hard way..not with some hip hop mf or Bill. Glad she lost, hate the fact Trump is president, but this election was a lose for everybody.
images

Ubercunt didn't offer you enough to vote for her??

images

Ubercunt didn't offer you enough to vote for her??
Just a quart of Wild Irish Rose. That ain't enough these days.

Uh, don't you think its time you began building that bomb shelter and letting this nightmare election go.

Bomb shelter? Do you really think Obama can start WWIII with Russia in his attempt to camouflage the ass-whoopin' Hillary took in the 10 days he has left? I don't. American's don't believe Obama and the Russians knew he was impotent long before this.

If Obama manages to start a world war it won't be with Russia. They recognize impotence and are laughing at it.

Nay, it will be with North Korea, Fat Boy striking first because he, too, recognizes impotence and sees the advantage is offers him.

This was the professor's prediction:

“Trump beats Hillary 54.7 percent to 45.3 percent [of the popular vote]. This is almost too much to believe.” Norpoth said, with a few members of the audience laughing nervously. “The probability of that [outcome] is almost complete certainty, 97 percent. It’s almost ‘Take it to the bank.’ ”

Forum List

Back