FBI took records from Mar A Lago covered by attorney client privilege.

I have my doubts about that. That would be out of character for the mealy mouthed spineless Republicans.

Perhaps, but Trump is not merely a man, Trump is a movement. Republicans better wake up to that reality if they already have not. But I think his success at the reps he backed up for Congress is a pretty good indicator of how we constituents feel right now more than ever.

The President has exclusive power to determine the declassification process.

He does, but he still has to follow the laws of the United States, including past Executive Orders. The last EO written that had anything to do with classification of information was EO 13526 (issued by Obama in 2009). Nothing in that order suggests that the President can just change classification by verbal decree whenever he feels like it. And atomic energy secrets are a completely different area. It's highly unlikely that Trump actually declassified anything he's in possession of. That won't stop him and his fanboys from claiming otherwise, but as I've said, anyone can claim anything on the internet - claims are free.

Trump's policy was that anything that leaves the White House is automatically officially declassified.

That's just total bullshit. Sorry, but it's time to turn off Fox News.

So how could he possibly be in possession of classified material?

Because your understanding of classified material is wrong.

Perhaps, but Trump is not merely a man, Trump is a movement. Republicans better wake up to that reality if they already have not. But I think his success at the reps he backed up for Congress is a pretty good indicator of how we constituents feel right now more than ever.
Nevertheless, he didn't prosecute Hillary, and he didn't can people he should have canned, like that spineless idiot Jeff Sessions.

I'm not exactly a Bubba fanboy.

Sure you ain't, Mr. Vitameatavegeman!

1075177790.jpg

He does, but he still has to follow the laws of the United States, including past Executive Orders. The last EO written that had anything to do with classification of information was EO 13526 (issued by Obama in 2009). Nothing in that order suggests that the President can just change classification by verbal decree whenever he feels like it. And atomic energy secrets are a completely different area. It's highly unlikely that Trump actually declassified anything he's in possession of. That won't stop him and his fanboys from claiming otherwise, but as I've said, anyone can claim anything on the internet - claims are free.

That's just total bullshit. Sorry, but it's time to turn off Fox News.

Because your understanding of classified material is wrong.

The president’s classification and declassification powers are broad.

The president, as commander in chief, is ultimately responsible for classification and declassification. When people lower in the chain of command handle classification and declassification duties — which is usually how it’s done — it’s because they have been delegated to do so by the president directly, or by an appointee chosen by the president.

The majority ruling in the 1988 Supreme Court case Department of Navy v. Egan — which involved the legal recourse of a Navy employee who had been denied a security clearance — addresses this line of authority.

"The president, after all, is the ‘Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States’" according to Article II of the Constitution, the court’s majority wrote. "His authority to classify and control access to information bearing on national security ... flows primarily from this constitutional investment of power in the president, and exists quite apart from any explicit congressional grant."

Steven Aftergood, director of the Federation of American Scientists Project on Government Secrecy, told PolitiFact in 2017 that such authority gives the president the authority to "classify and declassify at will."

There's going to be a lot of questions in the coming months, especially after the Republicans takeover the Congress next year.

I understand they are getting an ethics complaint underway for the judge that signed this warrant. I also understand that Trump's lawyers said they've been through the documents twice and they never seen any files marked top secret. Amazing the files that can appear when the Left-BI orders attorneys out of a house they are searching.
Even if the dimrats claim nothing was planted and we know they will (or do), the fact remains that evidence CAN be planted when ONLY the fbi goes in, no attorney, no resident of place there while place is searched.

If this is not wrong, it should be. I tend to think it needs to eventually go to scotus.. It is very wrong to have the govt invade a person's home and take whatever the hell it wants, with politically-motivated warrant in hand and no rep there for the victim-- no witnesses!

The president, as commander in chief, is ultimately responsible for classification and declassification. When people lower in the chain of command handle classification and declassification duties — which is usually how it’s done — it’s because they have been delegated to do so by the president directly, or by an appointee chosen by the president.

The majority ruling in the 1988 Supreme Court case Department of Navy v. Egan — which involved the legal recourse of a Navy employee who had been denied a security clearance — addresses this line of authority.

"The president, after all, is the ‘Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States’" according to Article II of the Constitution, the court’s majority wrote. "His authority to classify and control access to information bearing on national security ... flows primarily from this constitutional investment of power in the president, and exists quite apart from any explicit congressional grant."

Steven Aftergood, director of the Federation of American Scientists Project on Government Secrecy, told PolitiFact in 2017 that such authority gives the president the authority to "classify and declassify at will."

I never denied that he has broad powers to declassify, but having broad powers to declassify doesn't mean much if he doesn't actually take steps to declassify.

The power to declassify is not unlike his power to pardon. The President, while sitting as President, has almost unfettered power to issue pardons. But it don't mean jack shit if he doesn't actually, you know, write out the pardon. And he can't do any of that once he leaves office.

It's the same with classification. You and his defenders on this board are giving President Trump legal superpowers he doesn't have, and I dare say you're giving him superpowers you probably wouldn't extend to Obama, Clinton, or Biden or anyone else. If what you are arguing were true, any living past president could just walk into the Archives, declassify whatever he wants, and walk out with boxes of documents that were from his administration. That's just total horse shit.

Even if the dimrats claim nothing was planted and we know they will (or do), the fact remains that evidence CAN be planted when ONLY the fbi goes in, no attorney, no resident of place there while place is searched.

If this is not wrong, it should be. I tend to think it needs to eventually go to scotus.. It is very wrong to have the govt invade a person's home and take whatever the hell it wants, with politically-motivated warrant in hand and no rep there for the victim-- no witnesses!

So we should just not allow searches and seizures of any kind now? Like if you're a suspected terrorist or mafioso, the police should have to get your permission first before raiding your home? Oh, wait, they do get permission already -- from judges.

You need to read slower. I said declassify documents.

Even Presidents don't have the power to wave a magic wand and stuff is declassified. There's a process, and a "standing order" simply will not cut it. This is the government and everything you do is subject to oversight. This is NOT a family owned corporation, where the only people on the Board share a last name with you.

No, I don't. None of the major news networks are trustworthy.

Now, WHAT IS THE SOURCE.

Funny that you can comment on untrustworthy sources but no one seems able to provide the source of this claim.
The sources disputing the claim are in the article. There are eight claims. Which one are you referring to?

At least you admit the liberal new media is untrustworthy. At this time there really is no truly trustworthy source of news that I respect. That includes conservative news of course.

Even Presidents don't have the power to wave a magic wand and stuff is declassified. There's a process, and a "standing order" simply will not cut it. This is the government and everything you do is subject to oversight. This is NOT a family owned corporation, where the only people on the Board share a last name with you.

I never denied that he has broad powers to declassify, but having broad powers to declassify doesn't mean much if he doesn't actually take steps to declassify.

The power to declassify is not unlike his power to pardon. The President, while sitting as President, has almost unfettered power to issue pardons. But it don't mean jack shit if he doesn't actually, you know, write out the pardon. And he can't do any of that once he leaves office.

It's the same with classification. You and his defenders on this board are giving President Trump legal superpowers he doesn't have, and I dare say you're giving him superpowers you probably wouldn't extend to Obama, Clinton, or Biden or anyone else. If what you are arguing were true, any living past president could just walk into the Archives, declassify whatever he wants, and walk out with boxes of documents that were from his administration. That's just total horse shit.

i don't give the President anything. The Constitution does.

No witnesses, no legal representation during the search, the timing to make sure Trump wasn't there and their demand to the staff that all security cameras be turned off.

They don't stand much of a case if they did plant anything in those documents which they easily could have done after the boxes arrived at FBI headquarters. However it's likely if they did plant anything, it was while they were at Mar-A-Lago in case they were questioned.

Where does the Constitution talk about classified information?

This oughtta be good. I'll wait.

Man you leftists really have major comprehension problems. I just posted it and you ask where it's at. So from what I just posted:

"The president, after all, is the ‘Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States’" according to Article II of the Constitution, the court’s majority wrote. "His authority to classify and control access to information bearing on national security .

No witnesses, no legal representation during the search, the timing to make sure Trump wasn't there and their demand to the staff that all security cameras be turned off.

Dude it took me like 5 seconds to prove this claim was 100% bullshit - published by Trump-friendly Rupert Murdoch-owned New York Post no less, lol.

Despite former President Donald Trump suggesting federal agents may have planted evidence during their raid of his Mar-a-Lago resort this week, he and his family were able to see “the whole” operation on security camera footage, one of his lawyers revealed Thursday.

“It’s kind of funny. I think the folks in New York, President Trump and his family, probably had a better view than I did because they had the CCTV, they were able to watch,” Christina Bobb told Real America’s Voice.

So which is it, did he not watch the raid or were the cameras off? Is their lawyer in on the Democrat conspiracy? lol

They don't stand much of a case if they did plant anything in those documents which they easily could have done after the boxes arrived at FBI headquarters. However it's likely if they did plant anything, it was while they were at Mar-A-Lago in case they were questioned.

Oh right, they planted those classified documents somewhere. Trump won the election. The earth is flat.

Forum List

Back