Favorite PC Game

I only played one Battlefield game, but the single player game is way too short, and I don't play on line. Of course, Watchdogs has been trying to force me to get involved in online hacking, but when I'm told that an online hacker has attacked me, I just shut off my modem. That gets rid of them quite easily.
The BF single player campaigns are not much more than a bonus, its focused on Multiplayer. Bad Company is the first BF that contains a real SP campaign by the way, the previous BF games just offer to play against bots on Multiplayer maps.

Whats your experience with hackers in Watchdogs?

Online hacking of another player is part of the game. I don't like it because it takes away notoriety points and gives them to the player who successfully hacks me. These online intrusions interrupt your regular game play of the campaign. That's why when I shut down my modem, they go away. I did participate in an online race, and was winning. The next thing I see is that my online connection is being lost. Somebody didn't want to lose so shut down their access to the Internet. Now, you can turn off this function, but you lose out to access to Chicago hot spots. I might as well have turned off online activities because I didn't do much with the hotspots, anyway. I only visited 25 of them.

I finally finished the campaign. The last Act 5 was very difficult, so difficult, I was forced to go on the easy level. I had to get into running gun battles with the police, who just kept respawning in. There was no respite, other than disabling their helicopters and grabbing a car to escape. Word of advice, head for the open road and outrun the cops. They are hard to outrun in the city streets, even with your hacking skills.

Tell me about ESO Online. Is it possible to play as a single player by not being part of an online faction? If so, who do I play against? Are they NPC bots or other players?

These above questions also go for Titanfall, which looked like a good game. I bought it, but never opened it so ended up returning it to Walmart.

Tell me about ESO Online. Is it possible to play as a single player by not being part of an online faction? If so, who do I play against? Are they NPC bots or other players?

These above questions also go for Titanfall, which looked like a good game. I bought it, but never opened it so ended up returning it to Walmart.
ESO is a mix of RPG and MMO. Most quests can be done alone, but you get more XP when playing in a group. Some dungeons however, called public dungeons, are too hard to accomplish them alone, but they are additional. And there are Dolmen. This are locations where the bad guy, Molag Bal, drops anchors in his attempt to merge Tamriel, the realm in the TES series, with his piece of Oblivion, Coldharbour. This ones should be faced in groups too. The central kingdom of Tamriel is Cyrodiil, where the PvP part of the Game takes place. Three Parties, which consists of the different races that show up in TES, fight for the control of keeps and works.

Last edited:
Anyone get any good deals on the steam summer sale?

I got Fallout New Vegas Ultimate edition for 5 bucks
Borderlands 2 for 5 bucks

And a couple indie games for 2 or 3 dollars

I remember that Borderlands 2 was touted to be multiplayer only, but it did have a good single player game as well. The single player was quite hard in several sections, and I can see where if I had somebody to watch my back, things could have gone a lot smoother. Without a backup, I was forced to run very fast to escape the myriad of creatures out to get a piece of me.

ESO is a mix of RPG and MMO. Most quests can be done alone, but you get more XP when playing in a group. Some dungeons however, called public dungeons, are too hard to accomplish them alone, but they are additional. And there are Dolmen. This are locations where the bad guy, Molag Bal, drops anchors in his attempt to merge Tamriel, the realm in the TES series, with his piece of Oblivion, Coldharbour. This ones should be faced in groups too. The central kingdom of Tamriel is Cyrodiil, where the PvP part of the Game takes place. Three Parties, which consists of the different races that show up in TES, fight for the control of keeps and works.

I assume that with Molog Bal, these events take place long before the events in Skyrim. In the DLC game regarding vampire hunters, the beautiful vampire princess, Serana mentions Molog Bal and Coldharbor as occurring thousands of years before the birth of the Dragonborn.

I assume that with Molog Bal, these events take place long before the events in Skyrim. In the DLC game regarding vampire hunters, the beautiful vampire princess, Serana mentions Molog Bal and Coldharbor as occurring thousands of years before the birth of the Dragonborn.
Yes.

Arcanum...

Still playing it today and got it from GOG.com...

They have some great old games there....

Do you like space based games? A little scavange, rescue, search/destroy or straight PVP? Like building ships and bases? HOLY check it!

Space Engineers.

It's an absolute ginormous amount of fun.

I just picked up a copy of Metro, Last Light. I don't think it's on a par with the Stalker series depicting the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant disaster. What ruins the game for me is its choppiness. I turned down all the graphics to low or turned things off, but it doesn't help.

Now, years ago when Return to Castle Wolfenstein came out, I experienced the same choppiness so built a new PC and got rid of those problems. Maybe it's time. Yet, when searching for other folks who had similar problems to mine, I found quite a few, who were sporting some heavy hitting systems, Core I7, 16 to 32 Gigs of DDR3 RAM, SLI and Crossfire graphics cards. Even they were complaining about the choppiness of the game.

A good friend of mine plays his on Xbox 360 and hasn't experienced any of my same problems. I have all the latest graphics card drivers and Steam forced me to download all updates for the game. I was surprised at how quickly I received updates, which shows me that the game manufacturers have probably given up support for this game. I'm glad I didn't spend a lot of money for this game. Even if I could play without the choppy dropped frames, the gameplay isn't too impressive. When you're outside, it's hard to figure out where to go next. I guess I'm spoiled having all the maps and guides in Skyrim.

Okay, a Steam forum gave some good advice about clearing up the choppiness of Metro, Last Light. Just go into Game Options and turn off Advanced PhysX. It worked for me. So I just cranked up the graphics to very high and played it. It doesn't matter, though because the atmosphere is pretty dreary, though. I guess it would be after an atomic war. Still I'm not too impressed with the game.

Great game!

I can't figure out how to turn down the controller sensitivity. I've gone through all the options and only find settings for mouse sensitivity, which have no impact. It's currently unplayable as is.

Controller?

Use WASD and the mouse.

Naw. I wanna kick back with a controller not sit at a desk.
I shelved the game. Unplayable as is and I have no desire to sit at a desk & play it.

Downloading the Witcher 2 as we speak. Got it on steam for 4 bucks.

Great game!

I can't figure out how to turn down the controller sensitivity. I've gone through all the options and only find settings for mouse sensitivity, which have no impact. It's currently unplayable as is.

Do you have a game controller icon in the control panel of your OS? It should be listed in devices.

Click Start then Control Panel > Devices and Printers (controller should be listed) then Right Click (the icon) then > properties.

Have a look to see if it has installed a program. If it has what you need will/should be in there under "Settings", etc.

PS4-How-To-1.jpg

If you don't see an icon for a game controller, then you may want to see if you can find an emulator that allows you to control the global out of game settings of the controller and have it apply to the in game controls by default.

Forum List

Back