Favorite Movies

Flopper

Diamond Member
Mar 23, 2010
Washington
If you're going to take the time to post your favorite movie, how about telling us why it's your favorite. Frankly, most people really don't care what movies you like but they do care about why you like them and what they are about. By writing about the movie it becomes a review and does interest others.

My favorite comedic movie is Young Frankenstein. I love it because the script was well written (Gene Wilder and Mel Brooks co-wrote it.) and has sight gags galore and several laugh out loud moments. The directing by Mel Brooks is superb, the acting is excellent. It's just a wonderfully funny film.

I hope the link works but it was nominated for all types of awards but only seen by a few. Set in England in WW2 about a young boy's discoveries and life during that time. movie hope and glory - Bing video
Damn, it's been years since I've seen it. Thanks.

One of my favorites is Das Boot.....As about as close to the real deal as you can get and it carries a great story.

It compares well with real footage.

Lifted is the name of my most favorite films and country singer Trace Adkins being a part of it is what made me tune in.

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly (a day one fan of Trace)

My favorite comedic movie is Young Frankenstein. I love it because the script was well written (Gene Wilder and Mel Brooks co-wrote it.) and has sight gags galore and several laugh out loud moments. The directing by Mel Brooks is superb, the acting is excellent. It's just a wonderfully funny film.
Everyone was good in this movie. I particular liked the scenes with Cloris Leachman

I hope the link works but it was nominated for all types of awards but only seen by a few. Set in England in WW2 about a young boy's discoveries and life during that time. movie hope and glory - Bing video
I saw it some years ago and thought it was a very good movie. Rotten Tomatoes gave it a 96% rating.
Runtime of the movie matches your link so it should be all there.

If you're going to take the time to post your favorite movie, how about telling us why it's your favorite. Frankly, most people really don't care what movies you like but they do care about why you like them and what they are about. By writing about the movie it becomes a review and does interest others.

Damn, it's been years since I've seen it. Thanks.

One of my favorites is Das Boot.....As about as close to the real deal as you can get and it carries a great story.

It compares well with real footage.

I saw both the original film in German with subtitled and the one in English. I thought the German one is better.

The 13th Warrior , Ice Station Zebra , Hell in the Pacific , Paint your Wagon , The Longest Day , 2001: A Space Odyssey ...
Saw Ice Station Zebra, The Longest Day and 2001: A Space Odyssey. All were excellent.

Ice Station Zebra was based on an Allister McClean novel. It is a great suspense story and you won't likely guess who the bad guy is.

The Longest Day is probably the longest war movie, most expensive to make, and one of the best if not the best ever made. If you like war movies this is the one see.

2001: A Space Odyssey is great sci-fi, however you may not understand the ending so plan on reading an explanation after watching the movie.

Full Length Movie

Last edited:
A new favorite I just discovered an black and white noir movie . Phantom Lady.
1670285655071.png

This movie is low budget but it shows you don't need a large budget to make a good movie. The acting and writing and directing and all other things related to making a movie can make a low budget movie really good. The acting in this movie will make want to reach into the film and slap people around. :) :popcorn: Stark Fear enjoy.

Some of my all-time favorites in random order:

Unforgiven
Rocky
Jaws
2001: A Space Odyssey
The Godfather
Vertigo
Alien
Pulp Fiction
Kill Bill: 1
Psycho
Taxi Driver
Blade Runner
Airplane!
Metropolis

As I have said before my favorite is not what anyone would think, including myself.
And that is Chronicles of Riddick.
It is brain candy in perfection. I just enjoy it. Sure, maybe there is a part of me that would like to be that much of a badass. But there are 100s of films that center around a badass... like very few of them.
It is actually difficult to say specifically why. On paper - I shouldn't like it.
And I don't. I love it.

Forum List

Back