Favorite Male Actors

It sold at the Mecum Collector Car Auction in Kissimmee back in 2020.

Here it is on display:

ma15.jpg

And here it is going across the auction block:

ma18.jpg

The car sounded great, but it's in rough shape...

Bruce Campbell.

Michael Caine.

Patrick Stewart.

Michael dudikoff.

Mads mikkelsen.

Willem Dafoe.

Steve buscemi.

Gary oldman.

John malkovich.

Harvey Keitel.

Anthony Hopkins.

Daniel day Lewis.

Dennis Hopper.

Harry dean Stanton.

Peter lorre.

Frank langella.

Christopher Lee.

That's off the top of my head. There are so many I find interesting for one reason or another.

I forgot to mention in my previous message that Bronson Pinchot will be on the NCIS Hawaii show on April 18th and my second favorite actor Matt Passmore will have a new show on NBC this fall named Blank Slate. The next project for my third favorite, Uriah Shelton, is a production named Unhuman. :) :) :)

God bless you and my three musketeers always!!!

Holly

So restoring it would ruin its value?

Oh, absolutely.

As it sits now is how it looked in the movie. That's where the sexiness lies. If you fix it up, you lose that. It's not the car as it was when Steve McQueen drove it. Hell, the car still has the camera mounts on it.

What's cool about this car is that, for the longest time, the car was the daily driver of the owner's wife. They didn't see it as anything special.

The car is actually in pretty shitty condition...

Oh, absolutely.

As it sits now is how it looked in the movie. That's where the sexiness lies. If you fix it up, you lose that. It's not the car as it was when Steve McQueen drove it. Hell, the car still has the camera mounts on it.

What's cool about this car is that, for the longest time, the car was the daily driver of the owner's wife. They didn't see it as anything special.

The car is actually in pretty shitty condition...
Okay. But surely it would be worth a hell of a lot more today had the first owner kept it in mint condition all these years, i.e., kept it protected from the sun, waxed and polished. . . .

Okay. But surely it would be worth a hell of a lot more today had the first owner kept it in mint condition all these years, i.e., kept it protected from the sun, waxed and polished. . . .

I think that's debatable.

Frank Bullitt didn't drive a pristine '68 Mustang. He drove one that was beat to shit. So, there really wouldn't have been a way to have the original car maintained meticulously. It had to be fucked up. But that's where the value comes from. It's not that it's a '68 Ford Mustang GT 390 Fastback. It's that it's a '68 Ford Mustang GT 390 Fastback that Steve McQueen drove while portraying Frank Bullitt.

Warner Brothers ordered two matching Mustangs for the movie, both with 390/325 HP big-block V-8's, 4-speed transmissions and sequential serial numbers. Not only were camera mounts added, but Koni adjustable shocks were added, and suspension and pickup points were beefed up because of the rigorous driving the cars would be subjected to. Ironically, one of the cars, the one used for slow-speed and static shots, was deemed irrepairable after filming and scrapped.

This
car, though; the "hero car", is the one driven by McQueen in that iconic chase scene.

So, had the car been restored, it wouldn't have been McQueen's "hero car". It would've been a restored 1968 Form Mustang GT 390 Fastback. Here's one listed at $179K:

For Sale: 1968 Ford Mustang in Charlotte, North Carolina

31299519-1968-ford-mustang-thumb.jpg

This is one instance where restoring the car would've destroyed the value...

Jason Sudeikis
Zac Efron
John Turturro
Steve Carrell
Dwayne Johnson
Jack Nicholson
Leonardo Di Caprio
Denzel Washington
William Jackson Harper
Mike Colter
Adam Scott

That's all I can think of right now

Probably too many to list...
The top of the list would be...
Tom Hanks
Russel Crowe
Tommy Lee Jones
Tom Hardy
Robert Duvall

That is just off the top of my head

It's a bummer about Bruce Willis having to stop acting. But, he will always be Yippee Kayay Man, lol.
Recently Willis has made a slew of straight to streaming "c " movies. I watched one yesterday. I wish I hadn't. His illness dominated. It was cruel to see him exploited.

^^^ May the man be blessed with the best ever doctors to where he can be back someday and be better than ever then! :) :) :)

God bless you and him and his family always!!!

Holly

The ones you will bust butt to see regardless of what the movie is about.

Mine are Mads Mikkelsen, Richard Cumberbatch, The Skarsgards (especially Alexander), Sean Bean, Chris Hemsworth, Denzel Washington, Morgan Freeman, Al Pacino, Gary Oldman, Anthony Hopkins, Colin Firth...for starters.

And your favs?

BENEDICT Cumberbatch...not Richard.
John Wayne, Lee Marvin, The Rock, Stallone

Forum List

Back