Father Raymond deSouza: Egypt’s Coptic Orthodox are proud to be slain by ISIL for their Christianity

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
An interesting article about full faith in God and Christ in Egypts Coptic community to the point that being slain by enemies to humanity is seen as an honour of sorts.

Father Raymond J. de Souza: Egypt’s Coptic Orthodox are proud to be slain by ISIL for their Christianity. That is awesome

It is an awful thing — a blasphemous thing, a sacrilegious thing — to massacre people at prayer, as ISIL did on Palm Sunday in Egypt, killing more than 40 Coptic Orthodox at two churches, including the cathedral in Alexandria.

It is an awesome thing — literally rendering us full of awe — to behold the death of those killed while most fully Christian, singing God’s praises and giving witness to Him.

This is not the first jihadist massacre of Christians in Egypt; not so many years ago there will killings of Christians leaving Christmas Mass. I try not to let the lack of novelty diminish the hot and righteous anger that ought greet such assaults, but this time was different. By the time I heard the news — I spend less time following the travails of the world on Sundays — I was also able to hear the response of the Coptic Church. I bow my head before their great faith.

“With great pride, the Egyptian Coptic Orthodox Church, the Church of Martyrs, bade her sons farewell, who were martyred today Sunday April 9, 2017, during the liturgy of Palm Sunday,” the official statement read. “They were carrying the palm leaves, praying and celebrating the commemoration of the entry of Christ, the King of Peace, to the city of Jerusalem.”

“The souls of the martyrs have been slain by the hands of the enemies of humanity, the enemies of peace and the carrier of tools of destruction. But now, with all the Church, they are offering their prayers to the Just Judge who sees, hears and writes a book of remembrance.”

Islam - the religion of peace...
rolleye0011.gif

Coptic Christians Slaughtered in Egypt As Ramadan Begins
May 26, 2017 | - Islamic terrorists opened fire on a convoy of Coptic Christians in Egypt on Friday, killing at least 26 of them, including children, and injuring two dozen others, news reports said.
The attack comes at the beginning of Ramadan, Islam's holiest month. "Pray for the families of the more than 26 Coptic Chrisians killed by gunmen in Egypt today. Many wounded," Evangelist Franklin Graham, the president of Samaritan's Purse, tweeted as details of the attack emerged.

According to the BBC: Masked gunmen on Friday attacked two buses and a truck carrying Coptic Christians in Egypt, killing more than 20 people and wounding dozens, according to officials. The attackers arrived in three pick-up trucks and opened fire on the vehicles carrying visitors to the Saint Samuel Monastery in the Minya province, about 220km south of the capital, Cairo, before fleeing the scene. The interior ministry said at least 26 people were killed and 25 wounded in the attack. There was no immediate claim of responsibility.

Pictures of a bus at the scene aired by state TV showed its windows shot out. This is the latest in a series of attacks on Egypt's Coptic Christians, who comprise an estimated 10 percent of Egypt's population. In December 2016, 25 were killed and 49 injured in an attack on a cathedral in Cairo. Last month, on Palm Sunday, a total of 44 were killed and more than 100 injured in attacks on two churches, one in Alexandria and one in Tanta. In February, the ISIS affiliate in the Sinai released an online video threatening to cleanse Egypt of Christians, whom it described as “infidels” and accused of insulting Islam.

Coptic Christians Slaughtered in Egypt As Ramadan Begins

An interesting article about full faith in God and Christ in Egypts Coptic community to the point that being slain by enemies to humanity is seen as an honour of sorts.

Father Raymond J. de Souza: Egypt’s Coptic Orthodox are proud to be slain by ISIL for their Christianity. That is awesome

It is an awful thing — a blasphemous thing, a sacrilegious thing — to massacre people at prayer, as ISIL did on Palm Sunday in Egypt, killing more than 40 Coptic Orthodox at two churches, including the cathedral in Alexandria.

It is an awesome thing — literally rendering us full of awe — to behold the death of those killed while most fully Christian, singing God’s praises and giving witness to Him.

This is not the first jihadist massacre of Christians in Egypt; not so many years ago there will killings of Christians leaving Christmas Mass. I try not to let the lack of novelty diminish the hot and righteous anger that ought greet such assaults, but this time was different. By the time I heard the news — I spend less time following the travails of the world on Sundays — I was also able to hear the response of the Coptic Church. I bow my head before their great faith.

“With great pride, the Egyptian Coptic Orthodox Church, the Church of Martyrs, bade her sons farewell, who were martyred today Sunday April 9, 2017, during the liturgy of Palm Sunday,” the official statement read. “They were carrying the palm leaves, praying and celebrating the commemoration of the entry of Christ, the King of Peace, to the city of Jerusalem.”

“The souls of the martyrs have been slain by the hands of the enemies of humanity, the enemies of peace and the carrier of tools of destruction. But now, with all the Church, they are offering their prayers to the Just Judge who sees, hears and writes a book of remembrance.”
Free ticket to Heaven.

Free ticket to Heaven.
You will go to the other place.

Free ticket to Heaven.
You will go to the other place.
I doubt you live to see it.

The early church was built on Christians slain by pagans.

Forum List

Back