Famous People: A-Z

Efron Zimbalist jr

efrem-zimbalist-jr.jpg

oops is this supposed to be all G's? Sorry if I screwed up again.

Paul Newman

Paul Newman - Wikipedia

Since the 1970s, an event called "Newman Day" has been celebrated at Kenyon College,Bates College, Princeton University, and other American colleges. On "Newman Day", students try to drink 24 beers in 24 hours, based on a quote attributed to Newman about there being 24 beers in a case, and 24 hours in a day, and that this is surely not a mere coincidence.[78] In 2004, Newman requested that Princeton University disassociate the event from his name, due to the fact that he did not endorse the behaviors, citing his creation in 1980 of the Scott Newman Centre, "dedicated to the prevention of substance abuse through education". Princeton disavowed any responsibility for the event, responding that Newman Day is not sponsored, endorsed, or encouraged by the university itself and is solely an unofficial event among students.

Peter Cushing

Movie Review: Dracula A.D. 1972

In 1872, Professor Van Helsing faces his arch nemesis Dracula for the last time on top of a runaway horse carriage. Both are killed, but one of Dracula’s disciples retrieves some of his ashes and buries it. One hundred years later, as an airplane rushes into view over the opening credits, we are thrust into “modern” day, swinging London, where cats like to get wild, drop acid, and freak out – you know, for “giggles”, man! We visit a house owned by stuffy old English types, horrified by the hippie types that have invaded their pad, partying (rather mildly) to the rockin’ sounds of a band calling themselves Stoneground (“I just invited ‘The Stoneground’ – I’ve no idea who these people are!”) The “group,” as member Jessica Van Helsing (Stephanie Beacham) likes to call them, is headed by the mysterious Johnny Alucard (Christopher Neame), who is quite bored with crashing parties, so he brings up the idea of holding a black mass at a nearby abandoned church. It’ll be a gas, man. Anyway it beats hanging out at the cafe every day. One character says “Okay, but if we do get to summon up the big daddy with the horns and the tail, he gets to bring his own liquor, his own bird and his own pot.” Because Satan can be such a leech.

Well, what do you know? Johnny seems to know an awful lot about black mass rites, and he keeps a vial of ashes on hand that looks suspiciously like the ashes of Dracula seen a century earlier. The ritual itself is fairly successful, as Johnny’s friends are more than willing to form a Satanic circle for him while he rattles off the names of demons (Dracula being the capper). While seeming disturbed, they aren’t disturbed enough to run outta there until things start getting bloody. Even Laura (Caroline Munro) is into it, offering herself up for baptism in blood. Before you know it, Dracula (Lee) is risen, and Caroline Munro makes a good appetizer (Personally, I would also take her for the main course and dessert). Jessica runs out of there and soon discovers that her grandfather (Cushing) has been keeping a secret about their bloodlines. Grandpa Van Helsing does a little doodling and figures out that Alucard is Dracula spelled backwards! Horrors! May I suggest that if you want to conceal your affiliation with somebody, don’t just reverse the spelling of their last name and adopt it as your own. That’s not really trying, is it? Anyway, Dracula now sets his sights on Jessica, targeting her to get revenge against the Van Helsing family. Only gramps can save her and put an end to Dracula’s legacy once and for all.

Peter Cushing

Movie Review: Dracula A.D. 1972

In 1872, Professor Van Helsing faces his arch nemesis Dracula for the last time on top of a runaway horse carriage. Both are killed, but one of Dracula’s disciples retrieves some of his ashes and buries it. One hundred years later, as an airplane rushes into view over the opening credits, we are thrust into “modern” day, swinging London, where cats like to get wild, drop acid, and freak out – you know, for “giggles”, man! We visit a house owned by stuffy old English types, horrified by the hippie types that have invaded their pad, partying (rather mildly) to the rockin’ sounds of a band calling themselves Stoneground (“I just invited ‘The Stoneground’ – I’ve no idea who these people are!”) The “group,” as member Jessica Van Helsing (Stephanie Beacham) likes to call them, is headed by the mysterious Johnny Alucard (Christopher Neame), who is quite bored with crashing parties, so he brings up the idea of holding a black mass at a nearby abandoned church. It’ll be a gas, man. Anyway it beats hanging out at the cafe every day. One character says “Okay, but if we do get to summon up the big daddy with the horns and the tail, he gets to bring his own liquor, his own bird and his own pot.” Because Satan can be such a leech.

Well, what do you know? Johnny seems to know an awful lot about black mass rites, and he keeps a vial of ashes on hand that looks suspiciously like the ashes of Dracula seen a century earlier. The ritual itself is fairly successful, as Johnny’s friends are more than willing to form a Satanic circle for him while he rattles off the names of demons (Dracula being the capper). While seeming disturbed, they aren’t disturbed enough to run outta there until things start getting bloody. Even Laura (Caroline Munro) is into it, offering herself up for baptism in blood. Before you know it, Dracula (Lee) is risen, and Caroline Munro makes a good appetizer (Personally, I would also take her for the main course and dessert). Jessica runs out of there and soon discovers that her grandfather (Cushing) has been keeping a secret about their bloodlines. Grandpa Van Helsing does a little doodling and figures out that Alucard is Dracula spelled backwards! Horrors! May I suggest that if you want to conceal your affiliation with somebody, don’t just reverse the spelling of their last name and adopt it as your own. That’s not really trying, is it? Anyway, Dracula now sets his sights on Jessica, targeting her to get revenge against the Van Helsing family. Only gramps can save her and put an end to Dracula’s legacy once and for all.
Funny. I just watched that movie!

Queen Elizabeth

57726b2b19000024002183bf.jpg

Forum List

Back