Zone1 Famous black inventors

"Of the over twelve million Africans forced into the trans-Atlantic slave trade from the sixteenth to the nineteenth centuries, only four percent – roughly 470,000 men, women, and children – were sent to North America. The overwhelming majority of enslaved Africans in the trans-Atlantic slave trade went to sugar plantations in the Caribbean and Brazil. This significant difference in trade numbers stems from various factors, particularly contrasting mortality and reproduction rates for enslaved populations in different regions."

North American Context · African Passages, Lowcountry Adaptations · Lowcountry Digital History Initiative

This just makes you wonder. Why weren't there never any famous black inventors in the Caribbean and South America?

"Of the over twelve million Africans forced into the trans-Atlantic slave trade from the sixteenth to the nineteenth centuries, only four percent – roughly 470,000 men, women, and children – were sent to North America. The overwhelming majority of enslaved Africans in the trans-Atlantic slave trade went to sugar plantations in the Caribbean and Brazil. This significant difference in trade numbers stems from various factors, particularly contrasting mortality and reproduction rates for enslaved populations in different regions."

North American Context · African Passages, Lowcountry Adaptations · Lowcountry Digital History Initiative

This just makes you wonder. Why weren't there never any famous black inventors in the Caribbean and South America?
Before slavery in the late 1600's there were blacks living in this country and no one gave it a second thought from what I have read about it.

Before slavery in the late 1600's there were blacks living in this country and no one gave it a second thought from what I have read about it.
Until Bacons Rebellion.

And here comes this sorry statement again.

“According to database-backed estimates by David Eltis and David Richardson, only about 389,000 kidnapped Africans were disembarked in the ports of the present-day United States, the majority of them before independence.” “By 1860, those few hundred thousand Africans had given way to four million African Americans.”
-Ned & Constance Sublette, The American Slave Coast: A History of the Slave -Breeding Industry

According to this information, 389,000 slaves landed on the shores of what is now America. By 1860, there were four million slaves living here. The importation of slaves was made illegal in 1808. So from 1808 until 1860, the number of slaves increased by at least one thousand percent. If we allow for the Africans selling each other, Africans would be responsible for approximately 389 thousand slaves. What about the 3.1-4 million additional slaves? Africans did not create them. This was done by forced slave breeding for business, pleasure, and entertainment.

If I buy drugs from a drug dealer, it is not the drug dealer’s fault I became an addict. I chose to purchase the drugs. In the same way, Europeans decided to invade Africa and purchase African war captives. I have not been able to find research whereby Africans loaded up slave vessels that landed in Europe to sell slaves. I see no record of any west African shipping company that sailed the Atlantic, dropping off slaves in South America, the Caribbean, and then America.

Things are not as simple as “Africans sold other Africans into slavery.” It is not as simple as blacks invented slavery and that we should be forever grateful to whites for being so kind as to end it. I was told as a child that half the truth equals a lie. Half the truth is what the tale of Africans selling other Africans is. You cannot make a sale if no one buys. I learned that the hard way years ago while trying to sell insurance. Africans did not own the shipping companies that carried the slaves to America, nor did they swim across the Atlantic to get here.

And Africans did not make U.S. laws.

who contributed to society over the last 150 some years. Also Dr, Charles Drew should be included as well. He helped develop the cross matching of blood if memory serves.
The MSM link is like super impressive. I only viewed three slides but those contributions were off the chart baby. Two ironing-board innovators and a guy who cracked the case of the completely obvious safety-hazard.

Famous black inventors​

Bill Clinton.

6a00d8341c630a53ef0120a88f1a87970b-600wi.jpg

Until Bacons Rebellion.
Bacon's followers used the rebellion as an effort to gain government recognition[further explanation needed] of the shared interests among all social classes of the colony in protecting the "commonality"[further explanation needed] and advancing its[clarification needed] welfare.[15] However, not every class's welfare was looked after in this rebellion. Both Native American women and European women played major roles[clarification needed] in Bacon's Rebellion as less noted members of society.[16][further explanation needed] However, the primary disagreement between Bacon and his followers and Berkeley was in how to handle the Native American population. Berkeley believed that it would be useful to keep some as subjects, stating, "I would have preserved those Indians that I knew were hoeurly at our mercy to have beene our spies and intelligence to find out the more bloudy Ennimies", whereas Bacon found this approach too compassionate, stating, "Our Design [is] ... to ruin and extirpate all Indians in General."[17][18]

Slavery came after this. It was aimed initially at native Americans.

Forum List

Back