Zone1 Family Values is Really Going to be Upended

$ecular#eckler

Platinum Member
Jan 13, 2020
Transient

Colorado enacted a law in June that requires people planning donor-assisted conception to receive information about how to discuss it with their children. State legislators in California passed a bill in August that, if signed by Gov. Gavin Newsom, will require sperm and egg banks to provide information to customers that disclosure is associated with “improved family functioning and well-being” of donor-conceived children.

This did not occur to me, before. And put it all together with adoptions, divorces, incarcerated parents, and substance abuse dysfunction - things are setting up to get really jiggy.

They have an advocacy organization

Lindsay Wrobel, a paralegal living in Jamaica Plain, Mass., learned she was donor-conceived four years ago at age 22. Growing up, she had no inkling of that even though she noticed personality and physical differences between herself and her parents, including that nobody else in the family had such naturally curly hair. But after what she calls a “blowout” argument with her mother, her mom revealed that the couple had used a sperm donor.

“Your parents are the first people you trust, and to find out they lied to you about who you are is traumatic,” Ms. Wrobel said, adding that her mother said she had long intended to tell her daughter but that she had never found the right time.

Last edited:

This did not occur to me, before. And put it all together with adoptions, divorces, incarcerated parents, and substance abuse dysfunction - things are setting up to get really jiggy.

They have an advocacy organization

I can see it now. Stranger (donor) comes to the door, donor-child answers. Stranger (donor), Is your UNCLE home? Child, No, but my dad is. Stranger (donor), oh no you're mistaken, I am your father (in his best Darth Vader voice). No one could have seen this coming. SMFH.

Forum List

Back