Family Sues Amusement Park For The Death Of An Unrestrained Girl

JOSweetHeart

Gold Member
Jun 27, 2012
East Tennessee
Go here for the horrific story.

God bless you and the girl's family always!!!

Holly

P.S. My only question is are kids not measured anymore to see if they are tall enough for certain amusement park rides? The girl was only six years old.

.....I would think they have proper restraints for that age --in the 2000s

Seems VERY negligent to not check to see if a child is seat belted

And when someone dies you pay for your mistakes
Many of those jobs are with teenagers running the rides. Where is the balance between safety and costs and profit? In this case the girl may not have been legal height and why didn't a family member also make sure the seat belt/safety harness was connected.

Many of those jobs are with teenagers running the rides. Where is the balance between safety and costs and profit? In this case the girl may not have been legal height and why didn't a family member also make sure the seat belt/safety harness was connected.
good call

when i take kidlets to amusement rides...i watch the rides a couple of times to see how attendant is doing etc...and i always double check any safety equipment...here they still have height regulations

Awful story.

Looks like measuring wasn't the issue. The operators didn't notice she was sitting on top of her seatbelts and not wearing it. Furthermore, a alarm was going off but the operators neglected that as well.

If the parents were there then they should have checked to make sure their child was belted in. Never leave that shit to anyone but yourselves.

If the parents were there then they should have checked to make sure their child was belted in. Never leave that shit to anyone but yourselves.
Amen to this. To me, the child should've been sitting next to whoever was in charge of her if that was possible.

God bless you and the family always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back