Families First Coronavirus Response Act question

Care4All was right, by the way:

All businesses: The bill establishes a fully refundable tax credit for businesses of all size that are closed or distressed to help them keep workers on the payroll. The goal is to get those employees hired back or put on paid furlough to make sure they have jobs to return to. The credit covers to 50 percent of payroll on the first $10,000 of compensation, including health benefits, for each employee.

For employers with more than 100 full-time employees, the credit is for wages paid to employees when they are not providing services because of the coronavirus. Eligible employers with 100 or fewer full-time employees could use the deduction even if they aren't closed.
No she wasnt. Companies with over 500 employees didnt have to do a damn thing. The smaller companies got forced to pay wages.
The smaller companies were not forced to pay a dime. They were given a loan to pay for the sick leave now, and a credit on their taxes to pay for the loan at tax time.

That's some fucked up lakka-logic you have their.

And as far as big businesses - that's super fuckin weird that the Cares Act literally says verbatim what you say it doesn't say: For employers with more than 100 full-time employees, the credit is for wages paid to employees when they are not providing services because of the coronavirus.

I.E. The Gov't pays for their employees' wages as part of the Cares act, so why would the bill in your OP also pay for it.

HRRRMMMMM
That in no way says big companies have to pay wages for work absence because of covid
Correct - it says the Government will pay it for them. So, it seems like your anecdotal story in the OP was the result of some Large Corporation's humongoloid fuckin' ignorance of the assistance they were Granted. Are you sure they deserve to still be Incorporated?

Another thing is really, there's a shit ton of money small businesses left on the table - that's likely caused by most small business owners having a kind of mom and pop IQ, like, they didn't even know about the money that was available to them...there's really no other excuse.

This things was really good for that initial hit. Small business owners should be linked.

It says they will give them tax credits, i guess. You only posted one sentence. But irregardless, It doesnt FORCE big business to pay wages.
The cares act isnt even the subject of this thread. totally different legislation.
You talk about me and then bring up unrelated shit to try and defend your argument lol ok its no sweat off my back.

Why do big corporations and businesses (500 or more employees) get out of having to pay employees for being off for having covid, being quarantined because of advice from local health officials, or having to take care of someone covid related?
I am asking because this lady i know has covid. Her husbands business sent him home for 14 days with no pay. They refuse to pay him because they have more than 500 employees.
Can someone explain the reasoning for this?
Is this just another example of the duopolies sucking off corporations?
It was my understanding that every company had to give the 10 paid days for covid, covid related.

But those with less than 500 employees got reimbursed by the govt for it.

Your neighbor situation seems wrong.
Nope. Companies with more than 500 employees didnt have to do jack squat. The choice was only taken away from the little guys.
Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Employer Paid Leave Requirements | U.S. Department of Labor (dol.gov)
The paid sick leave and expanded family and medical leave provisions of the FFCRA apply to certain public employers, and private employers with fewer than 500 employees.
The small companies got a hand out, and the big companies didn't.

Well, that's not exactly true, either. Other parts of the covid relief bill, they did in fact get handouts too. I honestly miss the beef here. Small businesses were given money to pay employees a sick leave if they got covid.
They didnt have to spend that loan money on payroll, though. They could have used every dime on utilities and mortgage or rent and they would have been in the clear.
No, only 25% could go to overhead. If they want the loan forgiven.
Yes, i was wrong about that. I deleted it in one comment. I missed this one. Thanks.

Care4All was right, by the way:

All businesses: The bill establishes a fully refundable tax credit for businesses of all size that are closed or distressed to help them keep workers on the payroll. The goal is to get those employees hired back or put on paid furlough to make sure they have jobs to return to. The credit covers to 50 percent of payroll on the first $10,000 of compensation, including health benefits, for each employee.

For employers with more than 100 full-time employees, the credit is for wages paid to employees when they are not providing services because of the coronavirus. Eligible employers with 100 or fewer full-time employees could use the deduction even if they aren't closed.
No she wasnt. Companies with over 500 employees didnt have to do a damn thing. The smaller companies got forced to pay wages.
The smaller companies were not forced to pay a dime. They were given a loan to pay for the sick leave now, and a credit on their taxes to pay for the loan at tax time.

That's some fucked up lakka-logic you have their.

And as far as big businesses - that's super fuckin weird that the Cares Act literally says verbatim what you say it doesn't say: For employers with more than 100 full-time employees, the credit is for wages paid to employees when they are not providing services because of the coronavirus.

I.E. The Gov't pays for their employees' wages as part of the Cares act, so why would the bill in your OP also pay for it.

HRRRMMMMM
That in no way says big companies have to pay wages for work absence because of covid
Correct - it says the Government will pay it for them. So, it seems like your anecdotal story in the OP was the result of some Large Corporation's humongoloid fuckin' ignorance of the assistance they were Granted. Are you sure they deserve to still be Incorporated?

Another thing is really, there's a shit ton of money small businesses left on the table - that's likely caused by most small business owners having a kind of mom and pop IQ, like, they didn't even know about the money that was available to them...there's really no other excuse.

This things was really good for that initial hit. Small business owners should be linked.

It says they will give them tax credits, i guess. You only posted one sentence. But irregardless, It doesnt FORCE big business to pay wages.
The cares act isnt even the subject of this thread. totally different legislation.
You talk about me and then bring up unrelated shit to try and defend your argument lol ok its no sweat off my back.
I'm totally lost on how anyone could have any problem with this whatsoever, is what's going on here. It's a hand out, not a penalty. You're pretending it's a penalty. And that's weird.

I have posted the document strait from the govt. There isnt much more i can do. I cant force people to comprehend what they are reading and what is actually happening in the real world :dunno:
You literally whined about the small business not having the choice not to pay a sick leave...with money thats not even theirs.

That's not no0t getting the point, its that the point is incredibly fucking stupid...and now you're backtracking.

Did you not whine that "what if they dont have the funds to pay for someone who isnt producing?"

Wasnt that you? Yes, that was you.

Then I showed you that that's what the Loans were for...

Now you're shifting to "bro, you just dont get it"

which is just shying away from being wrong about something. Do what you gotta do to complain about something, no sweat off my back - - - I'm just posting the facts that should assuage your gripe.
The whole point for posting this thread was that big business did not have to pay their workers if they didnt want.
Small companies DID. Whether they could afford it or not. your bullshit "tax credits 8 months later" doesnt mean jack to many companies.
You can also be denied a ppe loan. They arent just handing out checks. Banks even set up their own restrictions on top of the federal restrictions.
Dude, you're bending over backwards to whine about small businesses getting handed free money to protect their employees while they're out sick with Covid. They didn't have to afford it, there were loans made available and a credit at tax time. Now you're going to dip-shit even further to talk about how they weren't just handing out Loans. Right - I'm sure you have some great statistics on that not.

This was a super weird whine, altogether.

The Government bailed Small businesses out from having to lay off employees that got Covid...and to you this is an infringement on their Liberty to not accept free money.

Shake the magic 8-ball for the next goal post shift.

The latter part regarding what big businesses were and were not allowed to do is up in the air, as far as I'm concerned. I dont even know that they WERENT forced to pay the leave, according to another bill - - but what I do know is...they were paid to do it in the Cares Act. So it would be violently fucking stupid not to - unless the story isn't even true and you didnt fuck up some detail just to complain about this bill. That's on the table, too right?

Why are so many black-owned small businesses shut out of PPP loans? (nbcnews.com)
Those poor guys. Things like this is what happens when banks get involved. But im sure they didnt set up their own restrictions, on top of the federal restrictions, right? Wrong
PPP Loan Rejected: Paycheck Protection Program Application Denied? What Now | Nav
Another reason your application may have been denied is a given lender’s requirements. While the SBA has some guidelines for who qualifies, banks and other lenders can add other requirements to those. Some only want to lend to businesses they already have a relationship with. Others prefer to lend to companies that want larger loans. Some don’t want to lend to a sole proprietorship because it can be more difficult to prove income.

I have posted the document strait from the govt. There isnt much more i can do. I cant force people to comprehend what they are reading and what is actually happening in the real world :dunno:
You literally whined about the small business not having the choice not to pay a sick leave...with money thats not even theirs.

That's not no0t getting the point, its that the point is incredibly fucking stupid...and now you're backtracking.

Did you not whine that "what if they dont have the funds to pay for someone who isnt producing?"

which is just shying away from being wrong about something. Do what you gotta do to complain about something, no sweat off my back - - - I'm just posting the facts that should assuage your gripe.
The whole point for posting this thread was that big business did not have to pay their workers if they didnt want.
Small companies DID. Whether they could afford it or not. your bullshit "tax credits 8 months later" doesnt mean jack to many companies.
You can also be denied a ppe loan. They arent just handing out checks. Banks even set up their own restrictions on top of the federal restrictions.
Dude, you're bending over backwards to whine about small businesses getting handed free money to protect their employees while they're out sick with Covid. They didn't have to afford it, there were loans made available and a credit at tax time. Now you're going to dip-shit even further to talk about how they weren't just handing out Loans. Right - I'm sure you have some great statistics on that not.

The Government bailed Small businesses out from having to lay off employees that got Covid...and to you this is an infringement on their Liberty to not accept free money.

The latter part regarding what big businesses were and were not allowed to do is up in the air, as far as I'm concerned. I dont even know that they WERENT forced to pay the leave, according to another bill - - but what I do know is...they were paid to do it in the Cares Act. So it would be violently fucking stupid not to - unless the story isn't even true and you didnt fuck up some detail just to complain about this bill. That's on the table, too right?

Why are so many black-owned small businesses shut out of PPP loans? (nbcnews.com)
Those poor guys. Things like this is what happens when banks get involved. But im sure they didnt set up their own restrictions, on top of the federal restrictions, right? Wrong
PPP Loan Rejected: Paycheck Protection Program Application Denied? What Now | Nav
Another reason your application may have been denied is a given lender’s requirements. While the SBA has some guidelines for who qualifies, banks and other lenders can add other requirements to those. Some only want to lend to businesses they already have a relationship with. Others prefer to lend to companies that want larger loans. Some don’t want to lend to a sole proprietorship because it can be more difficult to prove income.
Now you're pointing out a flaw in the implementation of the handouts. Ok, so? It should have been perfect? In an Emergency? How long should they have ironed out the red tape....next year? The year after? 500 fortnights? They had to get it out, it's called an Emergency....its got holes in it. Most definitely. Almost necessarily, you'd think this would have happened. There's no magical bullet to resolve everything.

Also from your link:

There also needs to be funding for training and education in how to apply for the programs, Busby said.

"I'm tired of hearing about the money. I want to see the money," Dickson said.

Following inquiries from NBC News, Bank of America discovered that Dickson's PPP application didn't appear in the system, and it added him in.

As an aside, too, there's a side conversation to be had where they're saying there's a racial disparity just because there's racial implications to having bad credit...which.....super weird point, to make that a racial thing, for this story.

Now you're pointing out a flaw in the implementation of the handouts. Ok, so? It should have been perfect? In an Emergency? How long should they have ironed out the red tape....next year? The year after? 500 fortnights? They had to get it out, it's called an Emergency....its got holes in it. Most definitely. Almost necessarily, you'd think this would have happened. There's no magical bullet to resolve everything.

Also from your link:

There also needs to be funding for training and education in how to apply for the programs, Busby said.

Following inquiries from NBC News, Bank of America discovered that Dickson's PPP application didn't appear in the system, and it added him in.

As an aside, too, there's a side conversation to be had where they're saying there's a racial disparity just because there's racial implications to having bad credit...which.....super weird point, to make that a racial thing, for this story.
My point was the loans might not have deserved the pedestal you put them on. Which was a big reason for your stance on this.
Just an FYI, this loan program was such bullshit. Do you know how many politicians benefited from this? how many millions they got from this bullshit?
Our govt is a bunch of bullshit

You work for a small company? You are covered.
You work at a big company? You are fucked if they deem it.
THAT is a problem and they are clearly picking sides.
AND, most small businesses are being destroyed by lockdowns.

It appears to be a massive competition killer that the top employers want, so they can kill wages/salaries. But that's just speculation on my part.
Look at the results too. The billionaires have made almost a trillion dollars through the lockdown. Small companies got rewarded for being forced to give their business to those rich people by putting a for sale sign on their building.
I remember reading that in one day during the lockdown, bezos made like 25B. In ONE FUCKING DAY.
"Dont go to the mom and pop shop with 6 other customers, you will die. Instead go to walmart with 100 customers. You will live!!!"
Sounds like the forced design that sees family farms go down, to be consolidated by big agra. Is this sort of, I watched them come for the farmer, but said nothing, as I wasn't a farmer? Now coming for small business. Surprising how much of the small business corona virus money actuall went to large businesses, as perk exceptions like the one you are pointing out were also granted. Nothing like getting the best of both worlds, eh?
On this point, I completely agree.

It's almost like they are attempting to consolidate all means of production and distribution into a few private hands so they can effectively have full-blown socialism, but controlled by a few corporate fat-cats, rather than government.

It's a pretty sneaky way to get around the constitutions of the U.S. and every state.

Those black business owners were just too defiant of their Duopoly globalist overlords. How dare they engage in free enterprise in defiance of the Global Cabal? GIVE NONE OF THEM PPP MONEY!!!

Also from your link:

My point was the loans might not have deserved the pedestal you put them on. Which was a big reason for your stance on this.
Just an FYI, this loan program was such bullshit. Do you know how many politicians benefited from this? how many millions they got from this bullshit?
I'm not really moved, still, by your beef here.... like - at all. Especially after your article. They even took the criticism and formed a committee to help alleviate the difficulty. What more do you want, them to scratch their ass for them?

This is really pretty bizarre. Small Businesses were offered avenues to keep paying sick employees and you're calling that a hardship - I dunno, dude. Not gunna be able to assuage that, I just thinks it's odd.

Also from your link:

I'm not really moved, still, by your beef here.... like - at all. Especially after your article. They even took the criticism and formed a committee to help alleviate the difficulty. What more do you want, them to scratch their ass for them?

This is really pretty bizarre. Small Businesses were offered avenues to keep paying sick employees and you're calling that a hardship - I dunno, dude. Not gunna be able to assuage that, I just thinks it's odd.
Some small businesses were. AGAIN, not everyone could get a loan. For the third time, not everyone could get a loan.
And after 4 pages, my point still stands.. Big businesses got to avoid ALL this shit. Every fucking bit of it. Didnt have to do a damn thing.
Why? Because they had a choice.
If only those unfortunate workers worked for a small business :/
Gotta love govt discrimiantion!

Also from your link:

Some small businesses were. AGAIN, not everyone could get a loan. For the third time, not everyone could get a loan.
And after 4 pages, my point still stands.. Big businesses got to avoid ALL this shit. Every fucking bit of it. Didnt have to do a damn thing.
Why? Because they had a choice.
If only those unfortunate workers worked for a small business :/
Gotta love govt discrimiantion!
I still don't believe you're right about them having a choice, some places mandate a paid sick leave for companies of a certain size... and that's still irrelevant to me since the small businesses had it paid for for them.

Putting that super weirdness aside, the big businesses ALSO ...as part of the cares act... had these leaves paid for...so...Harley, walk yourself through the implications of that. His/Her company used Covid as an excuse to fire them, or not pay them, apparently. That's either a shitty company or a shitty employee. Or if they didn't fire them, the Big Company left free money on the table and could have paid them for their sick leave....so - super weird not to have. Just about unbelievable.

But back to point #1 - I dont even believe that Large Corpos dont have to pay sick leave.

I just saw one in a quick search in Cally where their Counties made it mandatory for the big corpos to pay sick leave...and I was already pretty sure lots of places require it already.

And then again, on your linked bill in the OP - there's exemptions for companies with 50 or fewer employees and if you think companies with more than 50 employees cant front the cost of 2 weeks for some employees that are out with covid until tax time, when theyre fully reimbursed....then I dont know what to tell you about those shitty businesses.

The question is why were big corporations given a pass on covid employees on their own...

Exceptions for Some Employers

"For larger employers with 500 employees or more, there is no change," Witlin said. "They are exempt." Big businesses may feel pressure, however, to cover such leave on their own. "Even without the pressure, I think they will step up to the plate," Witlin noted.

Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin had said that "big companies can afford these things." And U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi wrote on Twitter during the bill's negotiations, "I don't support U.S. taxpayer money subsidizing corporations to provide benefits to workers that they should already be providing."

The legislation allows the secretary of labor to exclude health care providers and emergency responders from the definition of employees who are allowed to take leave. Additionally, employers with fewer than 50 workers can ask the secretary of labor for an exemption from providing paid family and medical leave and paid sick leave if it "would jeopardize the viability of the business."

The emergency FMLA leave generally requires employers to reinstate employees in the same job or an equivalent position when they return to work, but there is an exception for employers with fewer than 25 employees if the position no longer exists due to economic conditions or operational changes that are made because of the public health emergency.

"The bill includes refundable tax credits for employers that are required to offer emergency FMLA or paid sick leave, including self-employed individuals," Paretti and Lotito said. "Note that these credits are only available to those employers that are required to offer these benefits

Last edited:

Forum List

Back