Zone1 Faith is "Science"

My apologies, I didn't realize I was conversing with a Mormon and you do indeed have your own scripture. I've known a number of Mormons and have found them to be the nicest most honest, sincere, and religious folk I know, so kudos for that.

I'm not too familiar with Mormon scripture but what little I know of their science, I'm not impressed by. But at least I see where you get your ideas.
Science? Who invented the TV? A Mormon.
The science departments at BYU are top notch. Heck, my brother in law built the microwave unit on the B-1 bomber.
Actually, nothing wrong with my post here as we were discussing the concept as you were asking.

Science? Who invented the TV? A Mormon.
The science departments at BYU are top notch. Heck, my brother in law built the microwave unit on the B-1 bomber.
Actually, nothing wrong with my post here as we were discussing the concept as you were asking.
As I said I don't know much about Mormon beliefs but I seem to recall they believe the earthen mounds in the Midwest were built by a lost Hebrew tribe and the Amazon River once flowed west into the Pacific. Any of that true?

As I said I don't know much about Mormon beliefs but I seem to recall they believe the earthen mounds in the Midwest were built by a lost Hebrew tribe and the Amazon River once flowed west into the Pacific. Any of that true?
Here is an interesting article on the mounds and Saint's beliefs. Mormons and Mounds
The Church is always interested in ancient findings. Not sure why critics would want to try and use the mounds against the Church. They support much of the Church, The Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith as the Prophet of God. The Mounds are quite extensive and the age given them ranges from about the time of the Tower of Babel to about 1550 AD. Tower of Babel is important because in the Book of Mormon, there are people written about that came from the Tower of Babel called the people of The Brother of Jared. Most that are important were those in the main portion of time of the Book of Mormon 600 BC and 400 AD. Noted was that before the 116 lost pages of the Book of Lehi, the mounds where Joseph Smith lived were unknown to him. It does seem that those buried in the mounds were most likely the people of the Book of Mormon. The final battle in the Book of Mormon ended in New York where Moroni buried the marvellous sealed book given to the unlearned man to be able to read and translate it in the latter days. Isaiah chapter 29.

When I googled the Amazon River, this statement comes up: "Originally, this vast river flowed from east to west, pouring water into giant lake that was located at the foot of the northern Andes. From there, the water flowed north to the Caribbean Sea and, as the Isthmus of Panama was yet to form, was swept from there into the Pacific.Jan 12, 2017" And this too: "A new study adds further evidence the theory that the world's largest river, the Amazon, once flowed in the opposite direction, emptying into the Pacific Ocean.Oct 24, 2006" There is more if you would like to study this.

Here is an interesting article on the mounds and Saint's beliefs. Mormons and Mounds
The Church is always interested in ancient findings. Not sure why critics would want to try and use the mounds against the Church. They support much of the Church, The Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith as the Prophet of God. The Mounds are quite extensive and the age given them ranges from about the time of the Tower of Babel to about 1550 AD. Tower of Babel is important because in the Book of Mormon, there are people written about that came from the Tower of Babel called the people of The Brother of Jared. Most that are important were those in the main portion of time of the Book of Mormon 600 BC and 400 AD. Noted was that before the 116 lost pages of the Book of Lehi, the mounds where Joseph Smith lived were unknown to him. It does seem that those buried in the mounds were most likely the people of the Book of Mormon. The final battle in the Book of Mormon ended in New York where Moroni buried the marvellous sealed book given to the unlearned man to be able to read and translate it in the latter days. Isaiah chapter 29.
Does the genealogy of native Americans show any old world evidence? Historically, the mounds were discovered a millennia after they were built so all memory of their construction was lost over time. When Europeans discovered them in the 1800's, many refused to believe the natives were capable of building them and all sorts or imaginative guesses of who built them circulated, including lost tribes from the Old World. I don't believe Smith was the first to believe that.

When I googled the Amazon River, this statement comes up: "Originally, this vast river flowed from east to west, pouring water into giant lake that was located at the foot of the northern Andes. From there, the water flowed north to the Caribbean Sea and, as the Isthmus of Panama was yet to form, was swept from there into the Pacific.Jan 12, 2017" And this too: "A new study adds further evidence the theory that the world's largest river, the Amazon, once flowed in the opposite direction, emptying into the Pacific Ocean.Oct 24, 2006" There is more if you would like to study this.
The last time the Amazon reached the Pacific was 15 million years ago. Well before there were people anywhere on Earth.

"Faith" is the belief in something that cannot be proven empirically. Leftists' embrace of Evolution Theory is "religious," psychologically speaking. The reason why they love it is because they think it renders religion moot.
Not necessarily. “Let there be light” could be he Big Bang, which set the ground rules for the physical world. The rest then is just evolution.

That's not proof. That's a really poor example of a first grade concrete logic thinking. The fossils do not how this. Bad interpretation like yours ends up being bad conclusions like yours. Not an adult with cognitive logic thinking abilities. I could use your nonsense as well. Well, first there were these aliens from Vega and they brought over some dinosaurs and then some mammals and then some primates and then they brought us over.
Then what’s your explanation, multiple creations?

Does the genealogy of native Americans show any old world evidence? Historically, the mounds were discovered a millennia after they were built so all memory of their construction was lost over time. When Europeans discovered them in the 1800's, many refused to believe the natives were capable of building them and all sorts or imaginative guesses of who built them circulated, including lost tribes from the Old World. I don't believe Smith was the first to believe that.

The last time the Amazon reached the Pacific was 15 million years ago. Well before there were people anywhere on Earth.
Yes, as far as we know. But, why are you interested in the Amazon? What does it matter that it flowed into the Pacific?
Depends on what you call the old world? I get this question asked often about the DNA of natives in the Americas not being shown to have "Jewish" DNA. Well, according to the Book of Mormon, Lehi was not of Judah. And, the Jews in Israel today are mostly from the tribe of Judah and part of Benjamin. They were not lost even though they were moved around quite a bit they managed to stay connected. But, the "lost10 tribes of Israel" were swept away by the Asyrians in about 721 BC. They were dispersed mostly into Europe and Asia Minor areas. The old world. Now, some of the other tribes either hid or made it back to Jerusalem area by 600 B.C. when Lehi, his family and another family, Ishmael left. Ishmael was of Ephraim while Lehi was of Mennassah. But, both were of the tribe of Joseph. Most of Joseph was lost and became citizens of other nations that we find are closer related to the Native America People. So, it makes sense that they aren't related to the current Jews in Israel. Point for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints!

Most of Joseph was lost and became citizens of other nations that we find are closer related to the Native America People. So, it makes sense that they aren't related to the current Jews in Israel. Point for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints!
This is news to me. What/where are these other nations?

This is news to me. What/where are these other nations?
It's in the Bible. The Assyrians carried away the lost 10 tribes never to be heard from sense until the Book of Mormon was unearthed. Thus, the people of the Americas DNA would not be of the tribe of Judah, or the Jewish people in Israel. If the Book of Mormon is true, the people of the Americas would be non-Jewish.

It's in the Bible. The Assyrians carried away the lost 10 tribes never to be heard from sense until the Book of Mormon was unearthed. Thus, the people of the Americas DNA would not be of the tribe of Judah, or the Jewish people in Israel. If the Book of Mormon is true, the people of the Americas would be non-Jewish.
Are they also non-European?

Are they also non-European?
There is no information where they were carried away to either. They most likely assimilated into many unknown countries as well. Such as, Asia Minor and eventually the Americas. They not only became gentiles, but also possibly heathens as well. Just like we see former Christians get sucked into mythologies, heathen cultures and religions and even Judaism.

Forum List

Back