Failure of our so called education system

Understandably, the class came away with an understanding of the evils of communism. In a small way, he successfully showed us the superior nature of our republic and its constitution. In short, we had rights.
Didn’t the author already admit that the trooper had a certain amount of disdain for our rights when they got in the way?

He did.

We’ve seen police become increasingly authoritarian and willing to disregard our rights and the courts have been perfectly content to allow it.

As someone who actually knows A LOT of real teacher in the real world, I can tell you that almost all of my colleagues are professionals committed to their craft and who prioritize the educational needs of their students.
I remember our professional Army instructor telling us, after a short course in hand-to-hand combat, "You now know just enough to go out and get yourself killed."

In less than a year. Cough up more proof for that one. One man alone had molested 29 children.

Predators are drawn to professions where they have access to children. There are plenty of links here addressing the same issue.
I think that last has is true. Not of all teachers, but of a small minority.

So, what is the solution? Do not hire any teachers who are drawn to the teaching profession?

Didn’t the author already admit that the trooper had a certain amount of disdain for our rights when they got in the way?

He did.

We’ve seen police become increasingly authoritarian and willing to disregard our rights and the courts have been perfectly content to allow it.
I once overheard a cop say to a citizen, "You're all crooks, we just haven't caught you yet."

As someone who actually knows A LOT of real teacher in the real world, I can tell you that almost all of my colleagues are professionals committed to their craft and who prioritize the educational needs of their students.
^^^

I think that last has is true. Not of all teachers, but of a small minority.

So, what is the solution? Do not hire any teachers who are drawn to the teaching profession?
Pay more attention to their background and dig more deeply into their background anyone with a known bizarre fetish should never be allowed around children at all.

Pay more attention to their background and dig more deeply into their background anyone with a known bizarre fetish should never be allowed around children at all.
Yes, I definitely agree with that.

Anyone who appears in public with their buttocks exposed to children, wearing a leather "puppy" hood, should not within a hundred yards of children at a little league baseball game surrounded by parents, much less in charge of a class of twenty of them in a closed room with no camera.

When your governor (in Oregon) signs legislation into law removing requirements for high-school graduates to demonstrate proficiency in basic topics such as reading, writing and math ... you're not going in the right direction. Even the approach being used to teach math (and other STEM subjects) have children lagging behind many other countries. Throw on top the lack of discipline .. and the growing number of single-parent or broken households with little to no investment of time from the parents ... It's the perfect storm, and it's clear the standards are not improving.

One big problem with our education system is that while it is well able to to teach their students, it is unable to persuade them that what is being taught is actually important.

One big problem with our education system is that while it is well able to to teach their students, it is unable to persuade them that what is being taught is actually important.
That is no more true than it has ever been.

The American news media frequently slant or omit the true news of the day. The American viewer has been fed a steady diet of propaganda. We have seen false stories about "Russia, Russia, Russia"; the "Big Lie"; and "J6." Peaceful American citizens, including many veterans who fought to protect our rights, are being held in the District of Columbia jail in terrible conditions and without being formally charged. Over two years have passed, and many still have not had a speedy trial.
Peaceful American Citizens ......... By storming the Capitol.

Forum List

Back