Facts on the Fed

They are inflationary. QEI and II have increased the money supply and driven up the cost of commodities.

a little Econ 101 for you. Inflation is the cost of everything, not the cost of commodities. Some stuff has gone up and some stuff, like houses, has gone down so there has been little inflation. Sorry. Plus Bernanke did some huge huge stuff to avoid a huge depression; he still may go down as the best central banker of all time.

How does that invalidate my statement?

Increasing the money supply is inflationary. The fact that there is massive deflation going on at the same time through most of the economy does not change the fact that devaluing the dollar increases prices.

Last edited:
It's not that simple and black and white. Commodities are the most important things to survival.

infaltion is about all prices, not the prices of items you feel are important for survival. Sorry

Housing prices are not "down", they are back to something resembling a more NORMAL price from their extremely inflated values last decade,

if prices are down from inflated values there is deflation no matter what the inflation rate was. Sorry

which happened to be a result of the Fed's previous money supply increase after the dot-com boom/bust.

the fed can inflate the currency 1000% and then deflate it 1%, but it is still 1% deflation. Sorry.

How can you expect average middle class people to support families when basic everyday things like food and fuel are breaking the bank in an income class that's been decimated by economic decline?

If I said I expected the average middle class to support I will pay $10,000. Bet or admit your straw man

Come back when you've got something more than "he did some huge huge stuff that was huge and stuff" :rolleyes:

I think you're refering to Bernanke who most acknowledge, including Krugman on the uber far left, took unprecedented
and very aggressive measures to avoid another Great Depression.

Increasing the money supply is inflationary.

There is no inflation until prices increase. Sorry. Inflation is a function of quantity and velocity.

The fact that there is massive deflation going on at the same time through most of the economy does not change the fact that devaluing the dollar increases prices.

1) in fact there is no massive deflation

2) once again, prices are a function of quantity and velocity
. Welcome to Econ 101.

Ok, let's recap..

You say the Fed's mandate is "stable prices",

I don't say it, The Federal Reserce Act ( section 2a) says it.

but say they can "create inflation at will if they want".
Please explain to me how that makes any sense at all.

Since I don't know the depths of your ignorance I don't know why it doesn't make sense to you. Why not tell us where you are lost so I'll have a starting point.

It's not that simple and black and white. Commodities are the most important things to survival.

infaltion is about all prices, not the prices of items you feel are important for survival. Sorry

Housing prices are not "down", they are back to something resembling a more NORMAL price from their extremely inflated values last decade,

if prices are down from inflated values there is deflation no matter what the inflation rate was. Sorry

the fed can inflate the currency 1000% and then deflate it 1%, but it is still 1% deflation. Sorry.

How can you expect average middle class people to support families when basic everyday things like food and fuel are breaking the bank in an income class that's been decimated by economic decline?

If I said I expected the average middle class to support I will pay $10,000. Bet or admit your straw man

Come back when you've got something more than "he did some huge huge stuff that was huge and stuff" :rolleyes:

I think you're refering to Bernanke who most acknowledge, including Krugman on the uber far left, took unprecedented
and very aggressive measures to avoid another Great Depression.

The CPI ex-food and energy is still up, which means in fact that there is inflation. Including those 2 items it's up almost 4% for the year. Energy is up double digits.

You are one misguided individual.

Ok, let's recap..

You say the Fed's mandate is "stable prices",

Since I don't know the depths of your ignorance I don't know why it doesn't make sense to you. Why not tell us where you are lost so I'll have a starting point.

You can be obtuse if you want, there's still the glaring issue of your idiocy on display here regardless. You CITED the Fed's mandate of stable prices, and then said they can create inflation at will if they want. Those 2 statements are directly at odds with one another and instead of recognizing the error and correcting it or at least explaining it, you choose to play games instead.

You're still obviously deficient in this subject.

Last edited:
The CPI ex-food and energy is still up, which means in fact that there is inflation. Including those 2 items it's up almost 4% for the year. Energy is up double digits.

houses are done 30% so there is deflation. Sorry!!

You are one misguided individual.

because housing is down 30%??????

Those 2 statements are directly at odds with one another

why at odds??? Are you afraid to say why you feel that??

...The CPI ex-food and energy is still up, which means in fact that there is inflation...
cpicore.png

It isn't so there isn't.
...Energy is up double digits...
cpienrgy.png

--saying more about a drop in deflation than a surge with inflation.

New Topics

Forum List

Back