Facebook yanks page of 12-year-old conservative who said Obama doesn't love U.S

STFU OP, Facebook can pull anything they don't like. It's you that are more in line with communist if anything... FREEEDOM you dumb fuk, facebook has the FREEEEDOM to do as they like with their product.

Lets bitch about business's that give us free shit!

12 is too young to be a "conservative" or a "liberal" for that matter. He was simply parroting an adult in his life.

Regarding the OP, I doubt if it we have heard the full story.

Regardless of whether he is an adult or a child, he has the constitutional right to free speech. It is unfortunate he had that happen via a site that isn't obligated to enforce constitutional rights. Regardless, he has a right to take on the political views of his parents if he so desires.

Those people who agree with Facebook did, will attempt to justify their position by saying "we haven't heard the full story." I think you could start by actually reading the article.

12 is too young to be a "conservative" or a "liberal" for that matter. He was simply parroting an adult in his life.

Regardless of whether he is an adult or a child, he has the constitutional right to free speech. It is unfortunate he had that happen via a site that isn't obligated to enforce constitutional rights. Regardless, he has a right to take on the political views of his parents if he so desires.

Those people who agree with Facebook did, will attempt to justify their position by saying "we haven't heard the full story." I think you could start by actually reading the article.

No one has taken away any of his rights.

STFU OP, Facebook can pull anything they don't like. It's you that are more in line with communist if anything... FREEEDOM you dumb fuk, facebook has the FREEEEDOM to do as they like with their product.

Are you serious with this dude? Hopefully that wasn't you behind there typing that message...

Nobody has the right to limit the speech of others. Nobody. You don't get to enforce your opinions by the barrel of a gun (so to speak), or your product. It's ironic that we libertarians preach about individual freedom, but someone like you sides with a multi-billion dollar corporation over the individual. Heh, this is one of the rare occasions where I disagree.

This is scary that facebook silences freedom of speech. I know that fascist in the democratic party certainly don't want anyone speaking up against them.
What's scary is the ignorance exhibited by you and most other conservatives.

First Amendment jurisprudence applies solely to government, not private entities such as Facebook; private entities are at liberty to restrict speech as they see fit, where 'freedom of speech' has in no way been 'silenced.'

This young lad must have hit a nerve. Facebook is as communist as they come

On Friday, C.J. Pearson, a 12-year-old conservative from Georgia who posted a viral video supporting Rudy Giuliani, discovered that his personal Facebook page was locked. In an exclusive interview with Examiner.com on Saturday, Pearson said he received a message from someone about 6 a.m. Friday. That's when he learned his account and page had been locked for "suspicious activity."

He jumped through all of Facebook's hoops, but wasn't able to recover his account. So he created a new profile to take its place. His public page was not affected, he said, however, he can no longer administer the page. Fortunately, he said, a friend is helping post links to that page.

Facebook yanks page of 12-year-old conservative who said Obama doesn t love U.S. - National Policy Issues Examiner.com

you have to be 13 to have a fb account

I'm 58 and I posted it, let's see what happens ;)
What happens is you're just as ridiculous as the 12 year old, and just as wrong as every other rightwing nitwit who propagates the same lie.

Are you serious with this dude? Hopefully that wasn't you behind there typing that message...

Nobody has the right to limit the speech of others. Nobody. You don't get to enforce your opinions by the barrel of a gun (so to speak), or your product. It's ironic that we libertarians preach about individual freedom, but someone like you sides with a multi-billion dollar corporation over the individual. Heh, this is one of the rare occasions where I disagree.

Facebook is a private company, they can remove anything they want, Facebook doesn't give you the right to put anything on THEIR site. If this was a government funded site and the kid was of age, then you got something.

Now, it is a private company enforcing their rules.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk

He's right and you're wrong – unsurprisingly; there is no free speech 'violation,' Facebook isn't the government.

Facebook is a private company, they can remove anything they want, Facebook doesn't give you the right to put anything on THEIR site. If this was a government funded site and the kid was of age, then you got something.

I know that. It is a private company that shows the rest of the world that is okay to silence someone you disagree with. Betrays what America was founded on. Frankly I don't care if they are private or not. Facebook is supposed to be a place where any type of speech is tolerated (save threats of terrorism and the like), actually such behavior goes against that model.

I'm glad you bought up that children don't really understand things. That is why I was disgusted to see Obama surrounding himself with children when he talked gun control.

Dems always bring in the children and those children have no clue how they are being used.

There are some 12 year old who are smarter than adults. Don't know about this kid.

Facebook does delete things if enough people claim to be offended. I hide stupid posts, especially from left wing sites. Facebook always asks why don't you want to see this and there are choices. I have had two different notices saying posts that I found offensive were removed, so must mean enough others didn't want to see them either.

I don't care if a person posts them on theirs or not. People who don't want to see something can remove it from their timeline, hide all things from a person or website or unfriend someone. Facebook doesn't need to delete things since people should be able to handle it themselves.

I know that. It is a private company that shows the rest of the world that is okay to silence someone you disagree with. Betrays what America was founded on. Frankly I don't care if they are private or not. Facebook is supposed to be a place where any type of speech is tolerated (save threats of terrorism and the like), actually such behavior goes against that model.
Nonsense.

Private entities are under no obligation to afford anyone 'free speech.'

On Friday, C.J. Pearson, a 12-year-old conservative from Georgia who posted a viral video supporting Rudy Giuliani, discovered that his personal Facebook page was locked. In an exclusive interview with Examiner.com on Saturday, Pearson said he received a message from someone about 6 a.m. Friday. That's when he learned his account and page had been locked for "suspicious activity."

He jumped through all of Facebook's hoops, but wasn't able to recover his account. So he created a new profile to take its place. His public page was not affected, he said, however, he can no longer administer the page. Fortunately, he said, a friend is helping post links to that page.

Facebook yanks page of 12-year-old conservative who said Obama doesn t love U.S. - National Policy Issues Examiner.com
Facebook should be ashamed and forced to apologize publically. Just another example where free speech is a joke in America. We don't have privacy, nor do we have free speech. Our losses are adding up.
You do know there's no such thing as free speech in a private corporation, right?

How old do you have to be to sign up for Facebook Facebook Help Center Facebook

Supposed to be 13.

Another thread bites the dust.

I bought a Queen CD the other day at Best Buy...I embarrassed my oldest who is 8 LOL....

I responded to your post because you're the first one I noticed who posted the facebook age limit, however, you're going to have to take that white sheet off your head for me to continue talking to you.

Well there is no white sheet...its up to you to talk to someone or not..we are all of different ideologies,races,beliefs etc here..I talk to anyone and everyone no matter their beliefs or lack thereof.

Anti-semitic remarks? You are a Klan member and not one of us. Carla is right. There's no room for bigots here.

LOL! So typical... Go to Facebook and start a page on the most debauched depraved crap you can think of... threaten the lives of other users... threaten the lives of Public Americans, like Rush Limbaugh or Mark Levin, Glenn Beck... Claim anything ya like and there is no force on earth that can get Facebook to shut that down.

Tell the truth about the Cult... and you're gone.

It's Evil. Plain an simple

So...to sum it all up, FB yanked the kid's page because he was underage. It had nothing whatsoever to do with what he said.

Major thread fail.

funny-pictures-fail-cat-paw.jpg
That's not what the article said. And since FB isn't forthcoming about their reasons you have no justification for that assumption.

Since when does a 12 year old customer get to tell a private company what they must put on their website.

What kind of fucking Nazi are you?

He's right and you're wrong – unsurprisingly; there is no free speech 'violation,' Facebook isn't the government.

He's right?

LOL! Arbitrary enforcement of the rules is not a behavior for which there is any potential right.

Aren't you suppose to be a barrister?

Forum List

Back