Eyes

The thing that I learned is not to put up with bullshit.

Negro and queer lovers like you are full of bullshit.

I was trying to respect your service, but FUCK YOU, LOSER.

So, some of you who have been here for a while may know that my life is and has been rather rough and active. As a result, I have experienced quite a few concussions over the years. The most recent one was pretty severe, and as an odd result my reading glasses no longer correct my vision as they once did. A little concerned about that.

I don't know that you've ever told us your age.

It's quite normal and expected for presbyopia to become noticeable around middle age. Basically, your eyes lose focusing range. A newborn infant has a range of about fifty diopters of focus, which declines to about two diopters by the age of around forty to fifty years. It's why we start to need reading glasses to see things that are close; our eyes focus just fine on distant sights, but can't bring their focus in to closer things. It's why we need bifocals, past a certain point. (Really, reading glasses are basically bifocals for someone whose eyes can still focus on distant things; you look over the glasses to see distant things, and through them to se close things.)

Up until late thirties, I had exceptionally good vision, across the entire range. Around forty, I started to need reading glasses to see close things. By fifty, I needed prescription glasses, bifocals. It turns out that my eyes are (and probably always were) slightly hyperopic (far-sighted), but until late forties, I had enough focusing range to compensate for it, at least for distant objects.

If you're at least in your late thirties, then it should be no surprise that your eyes need some optical help, now.

I don't know that you've ever told us your age.

It's quite normal and expected for presbyopia to become noticeable around middle age. Basically, your eyes lose focusing range. A newborn infant has a range of about fifty diopters of focus, which declines to about two diopters by the age of around forty to fifty years. It's why we start to need reading glasses to see things that are close; our eyes focus just fine on distant sights, but can't bring their focus in to closer things. It's why we need bifocals, past a certain point. (Really, reading glasses are basically bifocals for someone whose eyes can still focus on distant things; you look over the glasses to see distant things, and through them to se close things.)

Up until late thirties, I had exceptionally good vision, across the entire range. Around forty, I started to need reading glasses to see close things. By fifty, I needed prescription glasses, bifocals. It turns out that my eyes are (and probably always were) slightly hyperopic (far-sighted), but until late forties, I had enough focusing range to compensate for it, at least for distant objects.

If you're at least in your late thirties, then it should be no surprise that your eyes need some optical help, now.

Oh, I've worn glasses for decades (when/why I first needed them is an interesting story). The reading focus on my bifocals changed suddenly just following this recent head injury. I ain't getting any younger, but the timing on this one is conspicuous.

Oh, I've worn glasses for decades (when/why I first needed them is an interesting story). The reading focus on my bifocals changed suddenly just following this recent head injury. I ain't getting any younger, but the timing on this one is conspicuous.
I bet you have pretty eyes, Ocra.

Just curious. What caused your head injuries, and how many?

Forum List

Back