Exxon Posts Record Profits

try some math. is 7% of a billion more than 7% of a million? When the prices go up the profit dollars go up even though the profit % stays constant.
So you’re saying that there was not less, but MORE oil on the market and a higher demand?

Damn that Biden huh?

Margins have nothing to do with it. The absolutely absurd amount of power involved does. It would be easy to make a case for making the petroleum industry a public trust.

Margins have nothing to do with it. The absolutely absurd amount of power involved does. It would be easy to make a case for making the petroleum industry a public trust.
Absolutely. If only we lived in a sane nation, rather than one controlled by a rapacious oligarchy.

$1750.00 net profit per second doesn't shock anyone? And that was just Exxon.
If you profits were suppressed for two years because of COVID, how would you claw that back for shareholders?

I don't condone Exxon et.al. making record profits, I'm just trying to point out reality. Everyone has put their prices up, so I charge £20 per hour more. Then after April 6th, it's going up £20 per hour again, because everyone is doing the same.

No, roughly the same but Biden's actions drove the price up, why can't you understand that?

Biden has nothing to do with it. Big oil was returning money to stockholders after the COVID fiasco. Over 200 US producers declared bankruptcy in 2020.

Biden has nothing to do with it. Big oil was returning money to stockholders after the COVID fiasco. Over 200 US producers declared bankruptcy in 2020.
So who shut down keystone and blocked drilling on federal land and in the gulf? it wasn't the oil companies, it was senile joe.

calling covid a fiasco is accurate, thanks for that.

If you profits were suppressed for two years because of COVID, how would you claw that back for shareholders?

I don't condone Exxon et.al. making record profits, I'm just trying to point out reality. Everyone has put their prices up, so I charge £20 per hour more. Then after April 6th, it's going up £20 per hour again, because everyone is doing the same.
By jacking up prices.

Stop complaining

By jacking up prices.

Stop complaining

Actually, if the Libs had their way, we'd not only have high prices but we'd have Carter-style gasoline lines which are so sophisticated and European.

I'd rather pay more and have it available rather than pay just as much as have to wait around all day at the Exxon station.

That's exactly what a liberal government takeover of the gasoline system would mean.

Actually, if the Libs had their way, we'd not only have high prices but we'd have Carter-style gasoline lines which are so sophisticated and European.

I'd rather pay more and have it available rather than pay just as much as have to wait around all day at the Exxon station.

That's exactly what a liberal government takeover of the gasoline system would mean.
What a crock of shit. Fuck off

Forum List

Back