Exploitation

RandomVariable

VIP Member
Jan 7, 2014
America has grown through the exploitation of others. This growth has gone through two phases and we are currently stalled going into the third.

In the first phase America grew in size as a country by taking land from the Native Americans. In the second phase America grew wealthy by working the people who came in to fill this new land to the bone, on the farms, in the factories, and on the roads and rails. We are currently stalled going into the third phase.

To understand why we have stalled on the third one must understand how we exploited the bottom in each phase. In the first phase the only thing the Native American needed to do is move off the land, or die, either was acceptable. In the second phase before the immigrant died we needed him to push the plow, turn the wrench, and hammer the spike. In each phase the ones at the top got wealthy beyond anything the bottom could possibly imagine. In the first phase the rich had a good life while the bottom had none. In the second the rich had material wealth beyond anything Oliver Twist would every posse.

This history is not something we can change. We can only face it and learn from it. What should we learn from it? How to exploit those at the bottom of the next phase of course. What did you think I was going to say? To understand the new form of exploitation we have to understand the role of government in each phase.

When this country was first created all the government had to do was in sure basic rights of individuals and laws for individuals who where a threat to others or themselves. The needs of the underprivileged was not the government's responsibility. Later the government needed create laws for business and regulations for where businesses were endangering others or themselves. The government also started taking responsibility for the underprivileged in aid for food and shelter. Businesses created environments for both great prosperity and for great poverty. Now the government needs to take on responsibility for that which will fuel the third phase.

The third phase is an information phase. Information means at least the bare minimum of education for the bottom, more than they are getting now at least. Now not only do we have to keep, and expand, aid for food and shelter but education has to be part of that aid. From the youngest to the oldest it is education which will get them into or back into work. Phase three is exploit the educated. Sounds like a plan to me. :D

America has grown through the exploitation of others. This growth has gone through two phases and we are currently stalled going into the third.

In the first phase America grew in size as a country by taking land from the Native Americans. In the second phase America grew wealthy by working the people who came in to fill this new land to the bone, on the farms, in the factories, and on the roads and rails. We are currently stalled going into the third phase.

To understand why we have stalled on the third one must understand how we exploited the bottom in each phase. In the first phase the only thing the Native American needed to do is move off the land, or die, either was acceptable. In the second phase before the immigrant died we needed him to push the plow, turn the wrench, and hammer the spike. In each phase the ones at the top got wealthy beyond anything the bottom could possibly imagine. In the first phase the rich had a good life while the bottom had none. In the second the rich had material wealth beyond anything Oliver Twist would every posse.

This history is not something we can change. We can only face it and learn from it. What should we learn from it? How to exploit those at the bottom of the next phase of course. What did you think I was going to say? To understand the new form of exploitation we have to understand the role of government in each phase.

When this country was first created all the government had to do was in sure basic rights of individuals and laws for individuals who where a threat to others or themselves. The needs of the underprivileged was not the government's responsibility. Later the government needed create laws for business and regulations for where businesses were endangering others or themselves. The government also started taking responsibility for the underprivileged in aid for food and shelter. Businesses created environments for both great prosperity and for great poverty. Now the government needs to take on responsibility for that which will fuel the third phase.

The third phase is an information phase. Information means at least the bare minimum of education for the bottom, more than they are getting now at least. Now not only do we have to keep, and expand, aid for food and shelter but education has to be part of that aid. From the youngest to the oldest it is education which will get them into or back into work. Phase three is exploit the educated. Sounds like a plan to me. :D

It's getting harder and more dangerous to exploit people through brute force. Thank the internet. It's getting easier to fool fearful people into accepting exploitation by tying their livelihoods to it's continuance. Thank the internet.

The government of slaveowners wasn't concerned about the plight of the underprivileged? You must be kidding.

Yes, that's sarcasm.

It's getting harder and more dangerous to exploit people through brute force. Thank the internet. It's getting easier to fool fearful people into accepting exploitation by tying their livelihoods to it's continuance. Thank the internet.

I thought about it later but I could have put in the third phase of government/legal domain would be intellectual property. Would you elaboration on "exploitation by tying their livelihoods to it's continuance"? I am not sure I understand continuance of what. Thanks.

America has grown through the exploitation of others. This growth has gone through two phases and we are currently stalled going into the third. :D

I thought about it later but I could have put in the third phase of government/legal domain would be intellectual property. Would you elaboration on "exploitation by tying their livelihoods to it's continuance"? I am not sure I understand continuance of what. Thanks.

Sure, it's pretty simple really. Look at the working class conservative, one of America's largest voting blocs, what are their big issues right now? It's not working class issues they seem to care about, it's more like we as a nation need to give big business more so that they can maybe let some trickle down, they like BP even though they about ruined the gulf, they like bankers even though they about ruined the world, they act as if their turn to be be a billionaire is right around the corner. They have been conditioned to identify with the financial elite because they think that their jobs and incomes depend on being compliant to their wishes. Perhaps there is some truth to it in our plutocratic system where the working class has lost it's formerly great political power.

Sure, it's pretty simple really. Look at the working class conservative, one of America's largest voting blocs, what are their big issues right now? It's not working class issues they seem to care about, it's more like we as a nation need to give big business more so that they can maybe let some trickle down, they like BP even though they about ruined the gulf, they like bankers even though they about ruined the world, they act as if their turn to be be a billionaire is right around the corner. They have been conditioned to identify with the financial elite because they think that their jobs and incomes depend on being compliant to their wishes. Perhaps there is some truth to it in our plutocratic system where the working class has lost it's formerly great political power.

I have been struggling with this question over the last few days. I while I don't disagree with your assessment I believe it overall incorrect. While the work class conservative's, WCC, vote is financed by big business the WCC knows better than to trust them. The WCC is somewhat burnt from the empty promises of social consciousness. The WCC is moving out while the next generation WCC, the more educated WCC, is moving in. Although WCC Senior still calls the shots. The most fundamental problem the WCC has is that the Democrats have one foot in their sandbox. When Obama is standing in a Navy shipyard to a very reluctant cheering crowd, a couple years back or so, the WCC have a problem, what can they say about that? Another factor is that the WCC is sliding into the Democrats arena, Social Security and Welfare and such. If Obamacare had been played better Jolly have lost by a noticeable margin. That was completely off my radar when it happened. Good thing I think. On the message board we pelt each other relentlessly with slings and arrows but it is not nearly so turbulent out there in the real world. People just want to have security in their future, know their kids are safe today, and that their grandkids have a solid future in the great ole US of A. They are Republicans, proud Republicans, and they are going to vote Republican but the reasons are no longer so clear. While I am much more evil than any on this board know me to be :evil: ;) I don't like to see people suffer. So should the Democrats try to put the Republicans in a small box and beat it with shovel like it was full of little kittens, should they try to pull the middle, or should they just rally the base. All three have pros and cons. Personally I think deciding on a candidate based on character rather than party is the way it should be but when all votes become party line votes every Republican is more weight to that party line vote and not a vote made by individual choice. Thoughts, anyone?

This is what happens today, when so many do not know or understand the real history of workers plight in this country. And for that matter, other countries.
It is far to easy for them to dismiss the struggle to over come the political power created by the wealth of the upper level incomes.
The 1% can buy power at any level.
One of the other worries is through international businesses, they know there are other cultures that are easy to exploit. They will use their ability to do this at any time.

Last edited:
You obviously and realistically have nothing of intelligence to say about this conversation.
Even the morality of it escapes you.

This is a Progressive masturbation thread.

Is freedom of speech bad because it was codified by slave owners?

You owe your lives to those slave owners who codified the Bill of Rights.

You obviously and realistically have nothing of intelligence to say about this conversation.

There is no morality. A bunch of lefties spoon fed crap from an early age talking about shit they don't understand and agreeing with each other.

Must be some sort of conservative rule that low-key intellectual topics on this board must be disrupted by crappy partisan trolling.

As opposed to your conservative masturbation thread?

The OP is about exploitation. Slave owners exploited slaves and those free speech rights most certainly did not extend to their slaves.

The OP is about exploitation. Slave owners exploited slaves and those free speech rights most certainly did not extend to their slaves.

There has always been and always will be exploitation.

Nobody was exploited more and longer than the feudal serfs of Europe, popular belief that American blacks were exploited more, notwithstanding.

Nobody was exploited more and longer than the feudal serfs of Europe, popular belief that American blacks were exploited more, notwithstanding.

All kinds of bad things continue for a long time because people say something like "That's how it's always been done".

Comparing serfdom to slavery is not the same thing at all.

The left has been conditioned to identify with socialists. At least the right is willing to do a day's work for their money. The left is self oppressed and votes for more and more oppression every time the polls are open.

Must be some sort of conservative rule that low-key intellectual topics on this board must be disrupted by crappy partisan trolling.
Have liberals started any intellectual topics here, low key or not? They seem to consist of:
-Stupid things the GOP chairman of Pig's Hook IA said at a backyard barbecue
-Big Business is out to screw us
-Obama is practically god incarnate
-ACA is working so well we support Obama deferring all its major provisions.

The left has been conditioned to identify with socialists. At least the right is willing to do a day's work for their money. The left is self oppressed and votes for more and more oppression every time the polls are open.

HOLY generalization, Batman!!!

Instead of just shitting out a standard nonsense rebuttal address the statement, it's not like I am totally making an unfounded generalization here as you are.

Working class conservatives do tend to feel that trickle down tax cut voodoo is the best way to stimulate the economy in spite of all the contrary evidence, you cannot escape that fact.

With your low-intellectual response and your childish attitude.
I rest my case!

There is no morality. A bunch of lefties spoon fed crap from an early age talking about shit they don't understand and agreeing with each other.

Forum List

Back