Explaining the gun Alec Baldwin may have used...how do they actually work....

I have some friends that defend Baldwin and how the studios do their thing. How long does it take to empty the cylinder to make sure all is on the up and up? Their excuse is "there isn't enough time. Time is expensive."
Makes me cringe.
Please remember, this is a movie. The gun was supposed to be filled with "blanks", but somebody put a live round in it. A cursory look at a blank (especially .45 long colt) can't differentiate it from a live round. Since the advent of "cowboy shooting" events, colt blanks have proliferated being made from the same brass as live rounds.

Bottom line is that when Baldwin received the gun he should have done his due diligence with
investigating if the gun was loaded and with what.

This is the part that I totally disagree with. If I was the armorer, I wouldn't let the "actors" mess with the guns, except to use them in the scene. As soon as an actor opens up the gun, or start pulling out the bullets, and putting them back in, you no longer know what bullets are in the gun.

An actor could pull out the blank round, and replace it with a live round, under the guise of "due dilligence", and when he ends up killing someone, claim he was no expert, and couldn't tell a live round from a blank, since .45 long colt blanks are made to look like live rounds.

Two people were shot with a single action. Were they both hit with the same bullet or was the revolver fired twice?

Good video...if you are interested in the Baldwin killing of the woman on his set...

At this point, the only thing that make sense to me is that the gun's locking-cocking system had been altered for fanning fire and that Baldwin was careless as hell.

This is the part that I totally disagree with. If I was the armorer, I wouldn't let the "actors" mess with the guns, except to use them in the scene. As soon as an actor opens up the gun, or start pulling out the bullets, and putting them back in, you no longer know what bullets are in the gun.

An actor could pull out the blank round, and replace it with a live round, under the guise of "due dilligence", and when he ends up killing someone, claim he was no expert, and couldn't tell a live round from a blank, since .45 long colt blanks are made to look like live rounds.
My take is that whoever handles that gun is responsible for it. If Baldwin handled it, he now is responsible for it. It's on
him to make sure that it has been checked.

It's simple. You have to cock the hammer (all the way back) and then pull the trigger. These Italian made single action revolvers are safer than the old west guns. If Baldwin is basing his defense on a faulty gun he is in deep shit.

I have some friends that defend Baldwin and how the studios do their thing. How long does it take to empty the cylinder to make sure all is on the up and up? Their excuse is "there isn't enough time. Time is expensive."
Makes me cringe.
I have a gun similar to what he used I can check to see if it is empty in about 40 seconds. My answer to them is how expensive is a human life?

I cant imagine that.
There are 40 year old revolvers out there and they still shoot fine.
I'm sure they're going to get an expert gunsmith to look it over.
But then again were talking about a bunch of liberals so the gun probably hadnt been cleaned properly in its lifetime.

If they are abused they will fail. However, I have a SAA manufactured in 1876 and it works just fine. I must shoot blackpowder loads in it, but it works flawlessly.

I have a gun similar to what he used I can check to see if it is empty in about 40 seconds. My answer to them is how expensive is a human life?

With practice you can get that down to around 7 seconds.

My take is that whoever handles that gun is responsible for it. If Baldwin handled it, he now is responsible for it. It's on
him to make sure that it has been checked.

That's the way the law views it, and every gun school I have ever been to. Had he followed the first rule of gun handling she would still be alive.

Do you think she was a liberal democrat?

Supposedly the original armorer on the set quit due to that weapon having issues and that all was dangerous on that set.
They are saying that the bullet was a reloaded cartilage...................still sounds like union people got pissed off and set the whole thing up.

Two people were shot with a single action. Were they both hit with the same bullet or was the revolver fired twice?

One bullet passed through the first victim.

Forum List

Back