Exclusive: Republicans Confident as Vulnerable Virginia Democrats Brace for Tough November

Tampa_Bay

Platinum Member
Apr 19, 2022

Three vulnerable Virginia Democrat incumbents are gearing up for likely difficult general election battles in November as they raise millions before their Republican opponents have been decided.

Democrat Reps. Elaine Luria, Abigail Spanberger, and Jennifer Wexton have all raised big campaign war chests to prepare for the November general election.

All three congresswomen are top targets for Republicans, who are hoping to ride the wave created by newly minted Virginia Gov. Glenn Youngkin (R) — the first Republican elected statewide since 2009.

As Breitbart News reported, both Spanberger’s and Luria’s districts — as they exist until 2023 — were won by Youngkin by significant margins, while Wexton’s moved ten points in Youngkin’s direction. All three districts also saw the most significant geographical changes from Virginia’s redistricting commission.

The University of Virginia Center for Politics and Cook Political Report, which rate congressional races across the county, both consider Luria’s district to be a “toss-up,” suggesting a tight re-election bid for the congresswoman.

In addition, if Youngkin’s election is considered by the redrawn congressional districts — for which Second District candidates are running to represent — he still won Luria’s district by 11 points, according to an analysis by the Virginia Public Access Project.

“The Second District got more Republican with redistricting,” Second District Republican Party Chairman Dennis Free told Breitbart News, calling it the “most Republican” of the three competitive races in Virginia this cycle. He also said it is “very possible” to flip all three seats.

Luria has raised a formidable amount of money, however. In the first quarter of 2022, Luria raised $1.2 million for a total of $4 million so far this cycle. She has more than $3.1 million cash on hand, according to her recent Federal Election Commission (FEC) filing — something Free said is expected.

“Our candidate will be facing an incumbent who has lots of money, and [Nancy] Pelosi will make sure she gets even more. The Democrats always have more money than us,” Free said. “They are the party of the rich elites.”

Free is very confident the Republicans can flip the district in November, calling it an “excellent prospect” and saying the party there will be “up to the task.”

Oh yah baby, Democrats are toast. Biden is toast. The Democrats have gone too far in their extremism and the sleepimng giatn has awoken.

The 10th (Wexton D-VA) was my old congressional district before my county was moved to the 6th.....We were a great buffer against the NOtVA slags for the 10th and I said at the time it would be blue in a cycle and it was. It was moved so Goodlatte (R 6th VA retired) could consolidate the whole of the Shenandoah Valley into his district.

I'd like to see it come to pass but it will be a very close thing if it does. While Youngkin did very well in NOtVA, denying the percentages McAwful needed to win statewide he still did not win a single NOtVA county. Dems still old sway there.....The good thing is that there are a shit-ton of pissed-off blue-burb housefraus so it's possible they swing or stay home.

Spanberger (7th D-VA) looks like she could easily be defeated.....Her's was the race where 15K votes were suddenly "found" on a thumb drive when she was behind that put her over the top for a "win". A investigation into it was torpedoed by the dems who held sway at the time.

Luria (2nd D-VA) will hinge on Virginia Beach coming in like they did for Youngkin as Williamsburg is a liberal dem shit-hole.....Those are population centers in her district. If she loses Virginia Beach she is done.

I suspect we have a better than even chance for at least two of three.

• Banned
The 10th (Wexton D-VA) was my old congressional district before my county was moved to the 6th.....We were a great buffer against the NOtVA slags for the 10th and I said at the time it would be blue in a cycle and it was. It was moved so Goodlatte (R 6th VA retired) could consolidate the whole of the Shenandoah Valley into his district.

I'd like to see it come to pass but it will be a very close thing if it does. While Youngkin did very well in NOtVA, denying the percentages McAwful needed to win statewide he still did not win a single NOtVA county. Dems still old sway there.....The good thing is that there are a shit-ton of pissed-off blue-burb housefraus so it's possible they swing or stay home.

Spanberger (7th D-VA) looks like she could easily be defeated.....Her's was the race where 15K votes were suddenly "found" on a thumb drive when she was behind that put her over the top for a "win". A investigation into it was torpedoed by the dems who held sway at the time.

Luria (2nd D-VA) will hinge on Virginia Beach coming in like they did for Youngkin as Williamsburg is a liberal dem shit-hole.....Those are population centers in her district. If she loses Virginia Beach she is done.

I suspect we have a better than even chance for at least two of three.

Thanks forthat. It will be close for sure. And very much Democrat cheating and fraud will happen too

Thanks forthat. It will be close for sure. And very much Democrat cheating and fraud will happen too

Maybe not so much, once we got our feet under us we had a small army of poll watchers with lawyers on speed-dial for Younkin's race all through the 45 day voting period that the dems put into place thinking they would never lose another election. It backfired on them big time.....More gop folks voted than ever.

We questioned anything that even looked slightly amiss. Dems were were put on notice that no counting would be suspended without the chief leo of the area clearing the venue and putting the venue under lock and key till counting was to resume. Poll watchers were told not to leave till that was accomplished and we would be the last out the door.

I bet there were more ballots put in the provisional pile and later rejected than ever before.....They won't be pulling any of that thumb dive crap without a top to bottom state investigation either. The dems are skeered.

• Banned
Maybe not so much, once we got our feet under us we had a small army of poll watchers with lawyers on speed-dial for Younkin's race all through the 45 day voting period that the dems put into place thinking they would never lose another election. It backfired on them big time.....More gop folks voted than ever.

We questioned anything that even looked slightly amiss. Dems were were put on notice that no counting would be suspended without the chief leo of the area clearing the venue and putting the venue under lock and key till counting was to resume. Poll watchers were told not to leave till that was accomplished and we would be the last out the door.

I bet there were more ballots put in the provisional pile and later rejected than ever before.....They won't be pulling any of that thumb dive crap without a top to bottom state investigation either. The dems are skeered.

We definitely need conservatives out in the streets watching the fraud in November.

New Topics

Forum List

Back