Evidently going to the doctor is one of the most dangerous things you can do!!

22,000 in the UK, so ten times more in the US

22,000 in the UK, so ten times more in the US

The study that made the claim is BS.

They used 3 studies to get their results, two used in the analysis listed nine and 14 deaths, the remaining one claimed nearly 400,000 deaths.

So they called that an average of 133,000 deaths. That is such shoddy work that anyone doing that for a class project in a data analysis class would fail. They did not even try to see why the one was so far above the other two.

The study that made the claim is BS.

They used 3 studies to get their results, two used in the analysis listed nine and 14 deaths, the remaining one claimed nearly 400,000 deaths.

So they called that an average of 133,000 deaths. That is such shoddy work that anyone doing that for a class project in a data analysis class would fail. They did not even try to see why the one was so far above the other two.
Was it in the thread about that guy living in China, did someone say the hospitals in America were state of the art?

Medical errors kill over 250,000 people in the USA each year. Medical errors are now the 3rd leading cause of death. See below John Hopkins study:

"Analyzing medical death rate data over an eight-year period, Johns Hopkins patient safety experts have calculated that more than 250,000 deaths per year are due to medical error in the U.S. Their figure, published May 3 in The BMJ, surpasses the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC’s) third leading cause of death — respiratory disease, which kills close to 150,000 people per year."

Study Suggests Medical Errors Now Third Leading Cause of Death in the U.S. - 05/03/2016

Over 100,000 people die each year from taking prescription medication AS PRESCRIBED:

"Estimates dating back nearly two decades put the number at 100,000 or more deaths annually, which includes a study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association in 1998 that projected 106,000 deaths. A more recent analysis estimates 128,000 Americans die each year as a result of taking medications as prescribed"

https://health.usnews.com/health-ne...7/the-danger-in-taking-prescribed-medications

That is over 350,000 accidentally killed each year by the medical and pharmaceutical industry and not one person in Congress is saying a word about it. In case you're wondering why: the medical and pharmaceutical industry gives more than $600 million each year to members of congress for their election campaigns. 18.3 cents of every dollar spent in the US is spent on healthcare. Our govt doesn't really care about the lives of Americans. If they did actually care, lowering these deaths would be a top priority.

Now factor in the deaths Fauci and his minions caused.....Trust the "science", faux "vaccines" boosters, and other assorted garbage foisted upon the public under duress.

At least they hedged their bets years ago....It's not called a "practice" for nothing. ;)
As a former minion of the HC system, you're simply pointing out the obvious to me 1srelluc

~S~

Is that all prescription drugs? What is it for, if I may ask?
Cetrizine is over the counter. Versions of omeprazole can be bought over the counter.

Metformin and jardiance are for diabetes. Lisinopril is for high blood pressure. Omeprazole is for acid reflux. Cetrizine is for allergies. If I don’t take it my hands itch profusely. I have tried to get off that pill for years. I think my body is used to it. Sertraline is for being psychotic. Atorvastatin is for high cholesterol. Buspirone is used to offset sexual side effects caused by sertraline. I probably don’t need that one because at the time I was prescribed that I was taking 150 mg of sertraline. Now I only take 25 mg.

Cetrizine is over the counter. Versions of omeprazole can be bought over the counter.

Metformin and jardiance are for diabetes. Lisinopril is for high blood pressure. Omeprazole is for acid reflux. Cetrizine is for allergies. If I don’t take it my hands itch profusely. I have tried to get off that pill for years. I think my body is used to it. Sertraline is for being psychotic. Atorvastatin is for high cholesterol. Buspirone is used to offset sexual side effects caused by sertraline. I probably don’t need that one because at the time I was prescribed that I was taking 150 mg of sertraline. Now I only take 25 mg.
Wow that seems like a lot of heavy meds for someone relatively young. Have you ever tried to get healthier physically to try and get off some of those pills? I'm not being critical, just wondering.

Wow that seems like a lot of heavy meds for someone relatively young. Have you ever tried to get healthier physically to try and get off some of those pills? I'm not being critical, just wondering.

I’m type two diabetic. It took me a while to accept that reality. I’m a type two diabetic. I can’t stop taking metformin and jardiance. I could stop taking the rest of them but what would I gain from it? My life isn’t ruined because some pharmaceutical company is getting rich.

Can you think of some reason I would benefit from stopping this medication? In all honesty I didn’t take any pills at all until the Affordable Care Act was passed.

I’m type two diabetic. It took me a while to accept that reality. I’m a type two diabetic. I can’t stop taking metformin and jardiance. I could stop taking the rest of them but what would I gain from it? My life isn’t ruined because some pharmaceutical company is getting rich.

Can you think of some reason I would benefit from stopping this medication? In all honesty I didn’t take any pills at all until the Affordable Care Act was passed.
Yes I can. If you are in your 40s taking 8 different medications, it's likely you will need more and more as you get older. Aside from the impacts to your body, the costs will be enormous. You said yourself you were taking no meds 13 or 14 years ago.

Cetrizine is for allergies. If I don’t take it my hands itch profusely.
Wow, this is somewhat of a revelation for me, I'm glad Mike asked you to explain, as this is allergy season and my right arm has been driving me crazy with the itching. I couldn't figure out why and initally thought some reaction to the sheets on my bed but wondered why just my right side? Well, I don't know why, but root cause is likely allergies.

Hope you're feeling better, that's a lot of meds to be on. It would be good to try and start reducing them and replacing them with healthy habits, that is something you should discuss with your doctor.

and , they'll always find something......and, they'll always prescribe something....and, your prognosis will never quite come to fruition.....
and, the dope your on is likely to assume side effects worse than the disease your on it for......~S~

Wow, this is somewhat of a revelation for me, I'm glad Mike asked you to explain, as this is allergy season and my right arm has been driving me crazy with the itching. I couldn't figure out why and initally thought some reaction to the sheets on my bed but wondered why just my right side? Well, I don't know why, but root cause is likely allergies.

Hope you're feeling better, that's a lot of meds to be on. It would be good to try and start reducing them and replacing them with healthy habits, that is something you should discuss with your doctor.

Doctors, insurance companies, the food industry, and the pharmaceutical industry benefit when you aren’t healthy. There isn’t a multi billion dollar industry focused on making people healthy.

Getting healthy would be a war I’d have to fight all by myself with superior weaponry formed against me. I’m going to die guaranteed. I’m just picking later instead of now.

Thread title is bullshit. Many doctors visits occur, and it is of course more dangerous NOT to get treated for disease and injury than it is to get treated.

Yeah. The article doesn’t put the numbers in perspective. If you write statistics about how many people die in automobile accidents it would sound more horrible without mentioning how many hundreds or thousands of trips that person drove without dying in an automobile or without the numbers of people who never die in automobile accidents.

There are two types of lies; damn lies and statistics. ~Mark Twain

How many people drove each day in 2022?
IMG_0484.jpeg

Forum List

Back