Evangelicals explain their support for Trump. It's the racism that stands out.

What "pleas to the government"? The government is what is causing the problem. The courts are the solution.

Pleas to government ... When you require the government's permission to do what you want with your business.
Problems caused by government involvement ... When the People choose to make government the arbitrator in their business.

You can choose to go to court (government) ... I'm going to market and doing some business ... :thup:

Yes, you require the governments permission to operate your business

You must conform with fire codes, health standards, labor laws, hours of operation....even public accommodation

The first bunch are not used to punish Thought Crime.

PA laws evidently are the new sword of the Thought Police.

"PA laws" huh?

Like this one?

Wow, dug that one up eh?

It's Pennsylvania so I'm sure I can find a law about not washing your ducks on tuesday that's still on the books somewhere.

Is that law even enforced anymore?

That’s worked well until those beliefs were supported by Jim Crow laws

We don’t serve negroes here was enforced by both the community and local laws.
The free market did not adjust ....that is why it was necessary for the federal government to step in

You haven't been paying attention to the conversation ...
Or missed the part where I said nothing about requiring the government to write a fucking law to accomplish what I want in business.

Jim Crow laws were the result of people who wanted to play politics.
They used the government (law) in attempts to accomplish their business goals.
They suffered at the hands of the same government they used.

You can use existing unregulated market functions to hire who you want to hire ...
Do business with whomever you want to do business with ...
And conduct business pretty much any way you and the consumer can agree upon.

You are just going to have to think ... And quit relying on the government to provide for or protect you (they suck anyway) ... :thup:

barely doesn't mean it doesn't. there are freaks from all spectrums of a lot of religions & christianity is probably #1.

How is Christianity #1?

the diverse beliefs based on eclectic practices within the 'cloak' of christianity. from speaking in tongues to using no invasive medical intervention to using snakes to having multiple 'wives'...

Most of those sects are rather small.

so? they are plentiful. with Muslims, it's pretty much fundie or moderate...

They also keep to themselves mostly.

I don't see snake handlers going on jihad.

At the risk of re-posting what's surely already been....

iu

How is Christianity #1?

the diverse beliefs based on eclectic practices within the 'cloak' of christianity. from speaking in tongues to using no invasive medical intervention to using snakes to having multiple 'wives'...

iu

Yes, a picture from the 60's or oven the 20's shows that Christians right now are a threat to all......

What "pleas to the government"? The government is what is causing the problem. The courts are the solution.

Pleas to government ... When you require the government's permission to do what you want with your business.
Problems caused by government involvement ... When the People choose to make government the arbitrator in their business.

You can choose to go to court (government) ... I'm going to market and doing some business ... :thup:

You must conform with fire codes, health standards, labor laws, hours of operation....even public accommodation

"PA laws" huh?

Like this one?

Wow, dug that one up eh?

It's Pennsylvania so I'm sure I can find a law about not washing your ducks on tuesday that's still on the books somewhere.

You'll note the dates --- enacted 1973 (not 1673) and amended (but not repealed) 1992 which by sheer coincidence is exactly 300 years after "witch" executions at Salem.

Hey, you nailed it with "thought police". Just thought you deserved an accolade.

Highest court in the land

More power than a message board bigot

1. Me? A bigot? FUCK YOU.

2. And you still are just Appealing to Authority, INSTEAD of defending his claim. Because you know it was bullshit.

So, when pressed, your argument comes down to nothing personal attacks and an Appeal to Authority.

You lose, loser.

Anywhoo, Evangelicals had a choice between a lib, who hated them, and a populist who was willing to work with them.

ONly a lib would be confused by their choice.

Dumb asses.
You are EXTREMELY bigoted against Muslims and Mexicans

OWN it

So, when pressed, your argument comes down to nothing personal attacks and an Appeal to Authority.

You lose, loser.

Anywhoo, Evangelicals had a choice between a lib, who hated them, and a populist who was willing to work with them.

Dumb asses.
No, when pressed....I bring up your unrestrained bigotry against Muslims and Mexicans

Are you serious? Are you seriously pretending not to realize your own actions?

You lost the debate, Islam is not a Religion of Peace, Ali refused to fight because of racial discrimination, and now you are attacking me personally.

You are an asshole.
There are no religions of peace.....particularly all the patriarchal ones. That doesn't mean that there doesn't exist people in those religions who believe in peace over war. Gandhi for example.....the Fathers Berrigan for other examples.

"PA laws" huh?

Like this one?

Wow, dug that one up eh?

You'll note the dates --- enacted 1973 (not 1673) and amended (but not repealed) 1992.

Hey, you nailed it with "thought police". Just thought you deserved an accolade.

and has it ever been successfully applied?

Those Bakers have been successfully sued into oblivion.

iu

Yes, a picture from the 60's or oven the 20's shows that Christians right now are a threat to all......

Aha, fell right into the Composition Fallacy trap. Just as I planned. Nya ah ah ah. (/twirls mustache)

My work is done here. Go in peace.

1. Me? A bigot? FUCK YOU.

2. And you still are just Appealing to Authority, INSTEAD of defending his claim. Because you know it was bullshit.

You lose, loser.

Dumb asses.

OWN it

You lose, loser.

Dumb asses.
No, when pressed....I bring up your unrestrained bigotry against Muslims and Mexicans

You lost the debate, Islam is not a Religion of Peace, Ali refused to fight because of racial discrimination, and now you are attacking me personally.

You are an asshole.
There are no religions of peace.....particularly all the patriarchal ones. That doesn't mean that there doesn't exist people in those religions who believe in peace over war. Gandhi for example.....the Fathers Berrigan for other examples.

Ali could have made such an argument. Instead he made it racial. That is a fail for him.

iu

Aha, fell right into the Composition Fallacy trap. Just as I planned. Nya ah ah ah. (/twirls mustache)

My work is done here. Go in peace.

Ummm, no.

At best you are going with the Tu Quo Que fallacy.

The whole reason we have courts is to act as arbiters.

That's what I said ... :thup:

If you have to go to court make the government your arbiter in order to try and secure your business ...
Then don't be surprised when the People and government aren't really interested in your personal desires or the success of your business.

You can operate your business within the confines of your beliefs without taking someone to court.

That’s worked well until those beliefs were supported by Jim Crow laws.

Exactly. And that's where we should draw the line. Equal treatment of all by government is crucial to a free society. Trying to force everyone else to treat each other equally is the opposite.
That is where the civil rights act fell short
You can pass all the laws you want.....but you can’t force me to serve negroes
Extremists are trying the same tactic against gay marriage

OWN it

You lose, loser.

Dumb asses.

You are an asshole.

Ali could have made such an argument. Instead he made it racial. That is a fail for him.
It was racial

It highlighted the fact that we should have been fighting for the civil rights of our own people rather than people 10,000 miles away

iu

Right now, they are a threat to gays

If you have to go to court make the government your arbiter in order to try and secure your business ...
Then don't be surprised when the People and government aren't really interested in your personal desires or the success of your business.

You can operate your business within the confines of your beliefs without taking someone to court.

Exactly. And that's where we should draw the line. Equal treatment of all by government is crucial to a free society. Trying to force everyone else to treat each other equally is the opposite.

Actually those laws were made so you couldn't serve blacks, even if you wanted to.

you forget most of these people, if not all of them, admit they can't deny point of sale services, nor do they want to.

They are asking for a right to deny service in a very specific situation.

But progressives can't let that happen, because heresy must by stamped out in all its forms.

iu

Right now, they are a threat to gays

Umm... Most of the guys in this picture are probably dead.

Actually those laws were made so you couldn't serve blacks, even if you wanted to.

you forget most of these people, if not all of them, admit they can't deny point of sale services, nor do they want to.

But progressives can't let that happen, because heresy must by stamped out in all its forms.
It went beyond the enforceable segregation laws to all social interactions which were enforced by the community

The very specific situation is hatred of homosexuals...it should not be allowed

barely doesn't mean it doesn't. there are freaks from all spectrums of a lot of religions & christianity is probably #1.

How is Christianity #1?

those are the fundies. if the extreme fundie christians had their druthers- they would have their own jihad. not a lot of difference between the two extremist factions of their respective ideologies.

Last edited:
How is Christianity #1?

iu

oh hell- there's no such thing as redundancy when it comes to proving something with facts...

note the date.

article-2169466-13_F1_CFAA000005_DC-968_634x760.jpg

iu

oh hell- there's no such thing as redundancy when it comes to proving something with facts...

note the date.

article-2169466-13_F1_CFAA000005_DC-968_634x760.jpg

article-2169466-13F1BB22000005DC-113_634x389.jpg

>> Mr Collier claims the no crosses will be burned, only 'lighted.' He did not, however, clarify the distinction. << :rofl:

(from here)

Progressives can't let anything happen, because if they were alive they'd be about 150 years old by now.

Forum List

Back