Evan Bayh Out!

Look what the Democrats did to Lieberman. He went off the reservation on Iraq and they kicked him out of the party. What about Zell Miller, who ended up giving the key note speech to the GOP convention?
The current Democratic Party is the problem. They have been taken over by radicals and so cannot stand anything like compromise. It's hard to compromise when you've told everyone and yourself that your opponents are evil.
As a result the Dems will self destruct. Wait til Nov.

You're wrong, again. The Democratic Party didn't "kick" Lieberman out. He LOST THE PRIMARY. It was the Democrats of Connecticut that kicked Lieberman out. The only reason he's still the Senator is because when he made his own party, all the Republicans in Connecticut voted for him.

I'd swear you could screw up a one car funeral.
FOXNews.com - Democrats Back Lamont; Lieberman Files for Independent Run - Voting | Vote | 2006 Elections
Sen. Chris Dodd, D-Conn., a friend of Lieberman, joined other Democrats in endorsing Lamont.

“It’s moments like this that are very difficult,” Dodd said. “This isn’t just about relationships or friendships or about candidacies, it’s about the people we seek to represent.”
Other Democrat leaders, including Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid, Sens. Hillary Clinton, John Kerry and Russ Feingold endorsed Lamont. Other Democratic figures such as Rev. Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton appeared on Lamont's victory stage Tuesday night.

Reid and Sen. Charles Schumer of New York issued a joint statement in support of Lamont.

"Joe Lieberman has been an effective Democratic senator for Connecticut and for America," the statement reads. "But the perception was that he was too close to George Bush and this election was, in many respects, a referendum on the president more than anything else. The results bode well for Democratic victories in November and our efforts to take the country in a new direction."

Kerry also sent out a statement calling on Democrats to back Lamont.

"It's time for all Democrats to come together to support Ned Lamont," Kerry said. "It's time for
Quotes from article.

I would bet if you looked at the number of independentss and registered Republicans who voted in the election and added them it still would not equal the number of votes Lieberman got.

You still fail. You're the stickler for words, right?

Losing a primary doesn't equal getting "kicked out of the Democratic Party".

And really, I've decided not to waste any more of my time on you. It's been fun, now be a good troll and return to your hyper-partisan bullshit. Rock out with your cock out. You've been proven wrong more times than I can count, and yet I've never once seen you admit it.

The reason why Joe Lieberman got reelected was that he saved the Groton sub base when Bush & Cheney wanted to move it to Virginia. That's all there is to it.

It wasn't a Liberal vs. conservative, or Democrat vs. Republican thing. It was a Connecticut thing. That base means a hell of a lot to the economy and the people of Connecticut - of all political persuations.

Sometimes congress people get elected based on their service to their constituency, not their political philosophies.

That's part of it. So is the standard "incumbents always win" effect - better the evil you know, etc. But Lieberman's never been a real Dem - I'll borrow a term from Cons and call him a "DINO".

Yea i don't think anyone could have predicted this monumental & catastrophic Democrat meltdown. How could Reid & Pelosi have blown a Super Majority so badly? They have absolutely nothing to show for. They really have presided over the worst U.S. Congress in our history. Bayh was actually a pretty reasonable Democrat. Reid really stabbed him in the back when he killed the recent Bi-Partisan Jobs Bill. I think that was it for Bayh. This really is an incredible loss for the Democratic Party. Bayh will be missed.

and yet they are not removed.....

They are running down the anchor ropes of their ship in greater and greater numbers.

And the Republicans scurrying from the ship still outnumbers the Dems.

Just sayin. :eusa_whistle:

This is not a surprise either way. Instead of facing the possibility of losing, most people retiring just don't want to lose a race in case they want to run again in the future.

How many Republicans have recently announced a sudden retirement--??:lol::lol:

Nope--this is dems. jumping off--seeing the ice berg--before the ship hits it--:lol::lol:

Bush and Republicans did not have a Super Majority.

That's what I thought LibocalypseNow, thanks for confirming that, makes me wonder who the heck these "pundits in the know" are that MaggieMae was talking about, because clearly they weren't "in the know" at all. ;)

Look what the Democrats did to Lieberman. He went off the reservation on Iraq and they kicked him out of the party. What about Zell Miller, who ended up giving the key note speech to the GOP convention?
The current Democratic Party is the problem. They have been taken over by radicals and so cannot stand anything like compromise. It's hard to compromise when you've told everyone and yourself that your opponents are evil.

Lieberman didn't get kicked out of the Democratic party. Quit talking nonsense. What is wrong with you?

You're wrong, again. The Democratic Party didn't "kick" Lieberman out. He LOST THE PRIMARY. It was the Democrats of Connecticut that kicked Lieberman out. The only reason he's still the Senator is because when he made his own party, all the Republicans in Connecticut voted for him.

I'd swear you could screw up a one car funeral.
FOXNews.com - Democrats Back Lamont; Lieberman Files for Independent Run - Voting | Vote | 2006 Elections

Other Democrat leaders, including Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid, Sens. Hillary Clinton, John Kerry and Russ Feingold endorsed Lamont. Other Democratic figures such as Rev. Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton appeared on Lamont's victory stage Tuesday night.

Reid and Sen. Charles Schumer of New York issued a joint statement in support of Lamont.

"Joe Lieberman has been an effective Democratic senator for Connecticut and for America," the statement reads. "But the perception was that he was too close to George Bush and this election was, in many respects, a referendum on the president more than anything else. The results bode well for Democratic victories in November and our efforts to take the country in a new direction."

Kerry also sent out a statement calling on Democrats to back Lamont.

"It's time for all Democrats to come together to support Ned Lamont," Kerry said. "It's time for
Quotes from article.

I would bet if you looked at the number of independentss and registered Republicans who voted in the election and added them it still would not equal the number of votes Lieberman got.

You still fail. You're the stickler for words, right?

Losing a primary doesn't equal getting "kicked out of the Democratic Party".

And really, I've decided not to waste any more of my time on you. It's been fun, now be a good troll and return to your hyper-partisan bullshit. Rock out with your cock out. You've been proven wrong more times than I can count, and yet I've never once seen you admit it.

I see sublety is not your strong point. What would you call it when the leaders of your party and your colleagues actively campaign against you?
I am sorry you have no imagination and less reasoning power. It makes your posts that much less effective.

The republican track record isn't much better if you consider their treatment of moderates (e.g. Snowe) and libertarians (e.g. Paul), it appears to be getting a bit better though but we'll see when/if they take control of congress back.

The GOP track record is a hell of a lot better, esp looking at Snowe, Collins, McCain, Spector, etc etc. When has any of them been tossed aside on policy issues? Bush actually campaigned for Spector in his tough primary and then Spector stabbed him in the back. And he still wasn't tossed out.

Obviously there's no excuse for Specter he's just an unprincipled opportunist, however when the Republicans were in control of congress many GOP leaders/pundits/etc..., were all about giving "RINOS" like Snowe, Collins (and sometimes McCain) public grief and calling for giving them "the boot", not to mention libertarians like Paul being constantly marginalized and ignored by his own party (just look at how Paul was treated during the primaries in 2008). Now that the Republicans are in the minority of course that has died down a lot since they need every vote they can get ...... Although Snowe did catch a lot of grief publicly when she voted for the Senate Health Care bill in committee, or for example look at how GOP "leaders" (Palin for example) treated their own party's nominee in NY/23 last November.

There's always going to be "purists" in any political party that will be vocal about "tossing out" anybody they don't see as ideologically "pure" enough, it's just the way things go, IMHO the GOP isn't any better than the Democratic Party in this regard. This isn't necessarily a bad thing in all cases when a party needs to be browbeaten back into standing for it's stated principles and representing the views of it's rank & file membership instead of advancing the power appetites of it's "leadership".

Equating some members of the GOP with all the GOP is simply a mistake. But there is a reason the person in charge of lining up votes is called the "whip."

They are running down the anchor ropes of their ship in greater and greater numbers.

And I think he would have won! There's problems in the new salvation zone. :eusa_angel:

Thus far, six Republican Senators have announced retirement:

George LeMieux (replaced Mel Martinez who retired)
Sam Brownback
Jim Bunning
Kit Bond
Judd Gregg
George Voinovich

and an six Democrats:

Chris Dodd
Patrick Kennedy
Byron Dorgan
Ted Kaufman (replaced Biden)
Roland Burris (replaced Obama)
Evan Bayh

I think some of them are anxious to see how extremists could do better.

It's good to see that there will be atleast 13% turnover in the Senate come Nov.

The republican track record isn't much better if you consider their treatment of moderates (e.g. Snowe) and libertarians (e.g. Paul), it appears to be getting a bit better though but we'll see when/if they take control of congress back.

The GOP track record is a hell of a lot better, esp looking at Snowe, Collins, McCain, Spector, etc etc. When has any of them been tossed aside on policy issues? Bush actually campaigned for Spector in his tough primary and then Spector stabbed him in the back. And he still wasn't tossed out.

Obviously there's no excuse for Specter he's just an unprincipled opportunist, however when the Republicans were in control of congress many GOP leaders/pundits/etc..., were all about giving "RINOS" like Snowe, Collins (and sometimes McCain) public grief and calling for giving them "the boot", not to mention libertarians like Paul being constantly marginalized and ignored by his own party (just look at how Paul was treated during the primaries in 2008). Now that the Republicans are in the minority of course that has died down a lot since they need every vote they can get ...... Although Snowe did catch a lot of grief publicly when she voted for the Senate Health Care bill in committee, or for example look at how GOP "leaders" (Palin for example) treated their own party's nominee in NY/23 last November.

There's always going to be "purists" in any political party that will be vocal about "tossing out" anybody they don't see as ideologically "pure" enough, it's just the way things go, IMHO the GOP isn't any better than the Democratic Party in this regard. This isn't necessarily a bad thing in all cases when a party needs to be browbeaten back into standing for it's stated principles and representing the views of it's rank & file membership instead of advancing the power appetites of it's "leadership".
Calling these people RINOs was never a pronouncement of anyone in the R hierarchy. The complaint was confined to the pundits and minions in the party. Bush even backed Spechter, the most agregious case of opportunism, over Toomey. Making that assertion suggests that someone here gets their political viewpoint from left leaning sources...maybe the MSM, who would call Specter a "moderate Republican," instead of the snake he really is.

Last edited:

Calling these people RINOs was never a pronouncement of anyone in the R hierarchy. The complaint was confined to the pundits and minions in the party.
Of course not , that's rarely the case since those in the "hierarchy" generally use sycophants to do that sort of dirty work for them, after all it's not seemly to have a someone in "the leadership" eating their own in public.

Bush even backed Spechter, the most agregious case of opportunism, over Toomey. Making that assertion suggests that someone here gets their political viewpoint from left leaning sources...maybe the MSM, who would call Specter a "moderate Republican," instead of the snake he really is.
Yep I just can't get enough of those political viewpoints from left leaning sources.....

"Hi my name is MIPS and I'm a left wing media addict" ....

Seems like Bayh is quitting on Congress. Still taking up space, but withdrawing effort. At least Palin walked away completely. He is a quitter in my mind. Unsuccessful quitter.

Seems like Bayh is quitting on Congress. Still taking up space, but withdrawing effort. At least Palin walked away completely. He is a quitter in my mind. Unsuccessful quitter.

The guy obviously doesn't want to continue for another term in a job that he clearly hates and that makes him an "unsuccessful quitter"? Have you ever left a job because you didn't like it?

Bayh was actually a somewhat Conservative Democrat who was stabbed in the back too many times by the partisan nutters in his own party. Harry Reid shooting down the recent Bi-Partisan Jobs Bill was the last straw for the man. I consider myself an Independent so i can say that Bayh was actually a pretty good Congressman. He will likely be missed.

My opinion too. There's a reason that Bayh, a Democrat, could win re-election multiple times as a Governor and Senator. He even was popular enough to carry his Lt. Governor through to a win.

Bayh was about as centrist and conservative as you could get and still be called a Democrat. He could have won re-election in 2010. Him leaving is a very bad omen for the DNC. It means the moderates are hitting the road.

From what I understand Bayh was well ahead in the polls. He could have easily won re-election.

Guess he really is sick of Congress. Can't say I blame him. They are all a bunch of self serving leeches.

Forum List

Back