EPA takes over in Texas

Who took the case to court, dummy?

Who took the case to court is irrelavent to the question I asked you which was upon what scientific basis did the court make the decision they made. I gave you the answer to the question and you still can't answer it.

It is relevant.

You take a case to court and then say the court has no right to decide the case.

Then, why did you take it to court?

Now, I can understand why a right-winger wouldn't see how his actions are something to take responsibility for, because telling others to be responsible for what they do, while being 100% hypocritical is their goal.

And thus began... the beginning of the end. Of commerce.

Doesn't matter what age-old ruling, what matters is today. And today natural gas and its associated spinoffs is driving this worthless Obama-ladan economy.

EPA be damned. And they ARE a damnable bunch.

With one toxic waste site for every 300 Americans, you could look at the EPA that way.

You could also be reasonable and notice that Gov. Perry once was considered a moderate, before moving to the right with all his nonsense to impress the Teabagger crowd for his political gain. Of course, you all knew that because no one can fool your kind!

Only the wingnuts think the EPA is strict.

What percentage of our nuclear facilities don't have radioactive tritium in the ground water below?

If someone is doing a very large project, you would think in the over 42 years after President Nixon proposed it and the EPA started operation that someone would figure out the rules and plan ahead for an Environmental Impact Report. Nixon proposed the EPA after the Cuyahoga River, which runs into Lake Erie "caught fire" and the Santa Barbara oil spill.

11-3-52.jpg

Cuyahoga River of Cleveland, Ohio, "catching fire"

Funny how you damn the oil companies for their environmental damage but turn a blind eye to the hundreds of thousands of birds killed by windmill companies...eh Lucy?
And the huge dead zone in the Gulf of Mexico caused by ag runoff due to corn raised for ethanol production.

Oh, and the net energy loss ethanol production represents, too.

They don't mind environmental damage when their patrons profit from it.

We have a lot of authoritarian types around here. I wonder if it is an internet tough guy thing, or if this country really is headed into the literal despot shitter.

Texas and the right-wing have people calling themselves patriots and talking about seceding from the union. In the case of Texas, long ago I've checked Perry's background on a site called "on the issues", which shows his record on various issues. Perry was rated as a dead center moderate. When the Tea Party movement started, Perry changed and has been extreme ever since. He did it for his own political ambition and not because of ideology.

There is your despot, who during bad economic times wasted taxpayers money in a meaningless lawsuit.

There is a big difference between being a patriot and calling yourself one. Treason also has a definition.
Since when did someone's free speech lashing out at big government become treason?

January of 2009. Up until that point, dissent was patriotic.

Right, Dubya?

Texas and the right-wing have people calling themselves patriots and talking about seceding from the union. In the case of Texas, long ago I've checked Perry's background on a site called "on the issues", which shows his record on various issues. Perry was rated as a dead center moderate. When the Tea Party movement started, Perry changed and has been extreme ever since. He did it for his own political ambition and not because of ideology.

There is your despot, who during bad economic times wasted taxpayers money in a meaningless lawsuit.

There is a big difference between being a patriot and calling yourself one. Treason also has a definition.
Since when did someone's free speech lashing out at big government become treason?

Since when did people become stupid enough to support a Governor talking about seceding from the United States?

Try it sometime and see if you people aren't tried for treason! You can leave, but you aren't taking the country with you.
Obama boot-lickers are such whiny little bitches. :lol:

Since Obama got elected President.

Why is it right-wingers have nothing better to do than get on the internet and demonstrate to the world that they entirely lack good judgment? I was a conservative back in the Goldwater days and I didn't act like you clowns.
Why is it you have nothing better to do than get on the internet and demonstrate you're nothing but a little bitch when someone criticizes your Dear Reader?

Man up, Zippy. Not everyone worships your little tin god. And you can't make us, no matter how many tantrums you throw.

Treason also has a definition.
Indeed. And it is NOT "disagreeing with leftist horseshit".

Sorry to burst your bubble.

I mentioned secession and not disagreeing, so changing what I said just shows you can't follow the subject.

You try to secede from the United States and it's treason by definition. When the South did it, the only reason their leaders weren't brought up on treason charges was leniency and wanting to quickly establish the peace.

If you don't think rebellion against your country is treason, tell it to the Judge during sentencing, if you try it. You need to face reality, whether you like it or agree with it. It's still real.

Treason also has a definition.
Indeed. And it is NOT "disagreeing with leftist horseshit".

Sorry to burst your bubble.

I mentioned secession and not disagreeing, so changing what I said just shows you can't follow the subject.

You try to secede from the United States and it's treason by definition. When the South did it, the only reason their leaders weren't brought up on treason charges was leniency and wanting to quickly establish the peace.

If you don't think rebellion against your country is treason, tell it to the Judge during sentencing, if you try it. You need to face reality, whether you like it or agree with it. It's still real.
Funny how the left doesn't want its traitors tried, huh? You just want to call the people tired of your tyranny "traitors".

Face it, Zippy: You would have informed on the Revolutionaries to King George.

This is the problem with the EPA. They keep trying to grab more power. A judge just shot them down in Virginia over storm water run off.

Federal judge rules EPA overstepped authority trying to regulate water as pollutant in Virginia | Fox News

Right there is a big part of the problem, you are treating Fox News as a source of valid information instead of the vacuous entertainment designed to attract viewers who are likely to support its advertisers, like it is designed to be accepted.

This is the problem with the EPA. They keep trying to grab more power. A judge just shot them down in Virginia over storm water run off.

Federal judge rules EPA overstepped authority trying to regulate water as pollutant in Virginia | Fox News

Right there is a big part of the problem, you are treating Fox News as a source of valid information instead of the vacuous entertainment designed to attract viewers who are likely to support its advertisers, like it is designed to be accepted.
So, instead of acknowledging that the government you worship overstepped its authority, you whine like a little bitch about the source.

Here are some sources that won't make you wet your pants in fear:

Judge in Va. rules EPA overstepped authority - SFGate

EPA Coal Mine Water Rules Struck Down By Federal Judge

Since Obama got elected President.

Why is it right-wingers have nothing better to do than get on the internet and demonstrate to the world that they entirely lack good judgment? I was a conservative back in the Goldwater days and I didn't act like you clowns.
Why is it you have nothing better to do than get on the internet and demonstrate you're nothing but a little bitch when someone criticizes your Dear Reader?

Man up, Zippy. Not everyone worships your little tin god. And you can't make us, no matter how many tantrums you throw.

Here is the history, so explain why you bring up Obama. The EPA and all those laws were passed by Congress, long before any present administrations and the EPA has many mandates from Congress. The EPA was proposed and started operation in 1970 after the Santa Barbara oil spill and the Cuyahoga River catching on fire.

I've already posted an article where the EPA was being sued by many states for not regulating mercury emissions by power plants. The point is the EPA is always getting sued, this way or that way. The Supreme Court decided that the EPA did have the right to regulate CO2 as a pollutant, but some stupid states tried to challenge that decision and Texas wouldn't even set up it's own state agency. Texas and Virginia took it to federal court and lost, of course, because a Federal Judge knows how to read a Supreme Court decision and laws written by Congress. You waste all that state money over something motivated by the political ambitions of wormy politicians and then you cry about Obama. Do you really think the President micro-manages the EPA?

Texas could have just saved the money, did nothing and eventually the EPA would step in like they have now done. Other states thought it wise to set up their own system for permits, but Texas always has to demonstate it's educational system.

You ought to hear yourselves crying about having a law you don't agree with, but listen to something else for a change! Who has ever lived in this or any country and not found laws they don't agree with? Why are you right-wingers such crybabies? Grow the hell up!

So, instead of acknowledging that the government you worship overstepped its authority, you whine like a little bitch about the source.

I don't perceive any overstep, I'm confident higher courts will confirm this and overrule the radical virginia judicial attempt to legislate from the bench upon appeal.

Last edited:

I wonder if you even know what county in Virginia is in that article.

There is a great victory for Virginia. That runoff isn't just water and it really screws up those creeks. These aren't creeks like in the mountains, they are estuary creeks that supply the food chain for what was once one of the most productive fishing areas in the world. Those creeks then flow into the Potomac River. How many people in that area use herbicides and insecticides on their lawns? The water around those kind of Creeks doesn't flow right to the Chesapeake Bay, they flow into a tidal marsh that supports the food chain.

Unless things are drastically changed, they won't have to worry about runoff in the future, because that area will be underwater.

With one toxic waste site for every 300 Americans, you could look at the EPA that way.

You could also be reasonable and notice that Gov. Perry once was considered a moderate, before moving to the right with all his nonsense to impress the Teabagger crowd for his political gain. Of course, you all knew that because no one can fool your kind!

Only the wingnuts think the EPA is strict.

What percentage of our nuclear facilities don't have radioactive tritium in the ground water below?

If someone is doing a very large project, you would think in the over 42 years after President Nixon proposed it and the EPA started operation that someone would figure out the rules and plan ahead for an Environmental Impact Report. Nixon proposed the EPA after the Cuyahoga River, which runs into Lake Erie "caught fire" and the Santa Barbara oil spill.

11-3-52.jpg

Cuyahoga River of Cleveland, Ohio, "catching fire"

Funny how you damn the oil companies for their environmental damage but turn a blind eye to the hundreds of thousands of birds killed by windmill companies...eh Lucy?
And the huge dead zone in the Gulf of Mexico caused by ag runoff due to corn raised for ethanol production.

Another right-winger lying his ass off! How much of total agriculture using nitrogen and phosphorus that flows into the Mississippi is involved in making ethanol? Well, you don't have to worry about the Mississippi, it's dried up, so when you are paying more for your food, keep trying to get us to import more foreign oil, too. Show them your posts and maybe they'll give you a discount!

Here is the history, so explain why you bring up Obama. The EPA and all those laws were passed by Congress, long before any present administrations and the EPA has many mandates from Congress. The EPA was proposed and started operation in 1970 after the Santa Barbara oil spill and the Cuyahoga River catching on fire.

I've already posted an article where the EPA was being sued by many states for not regulating mercury emissions by power plants. The point is the EPA is always getting sued, this way or that way. The Supreme Court decided that the EPA did have the right to regulate CO2 as a pollutant, but some stupid states tried to challenge that decision and Texas wouldn't even set up it's own state agency. Texas and Virginia took it to federal court and lost, of course, because a Federal Judge knows how to read a Supreme Court decision and laws written by Congress. You waste all that state money over something motivated by the political ambitions of wormy politicians and then you cry about Obama. Do you really think the President micro-manages the EPA?

Texas could have just saved the money, did nothing and eventually the EPA would step in like they have now done. Other states thought it wise to set up their own system for permits, but Texas always has to demonstate it's educational system.

You ought to hear yourselves crying about having a law you don't agree with, but listen to something else for a change! Who has ever lived in this or any country and not found laws they don't agree with? Why are you right-wingers such crybabies? Grow the hell up!
Coming from a sissy bedwetter like you, that's rich.

Obama has given the EPA free reign to do whatever they want in service of is anti-industry agenda...including things like illegal human medical experiments:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/envir...llegal-epa-human-medical-experimentation.html

WASHINGTON — American Tradition Institute’s Environmental Law Center filed a federal lawsuit Friday seeking to stop illegal human medical experiments conducted by the Environmental Protection Agency.

The suit, filed in United States District Court in Alexandria, Virginia, describes in detail how six EPA employees at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Medical School intentionally pumped what they termed “lethal” amounts of diesel exhaust, specifically small particulate matter termed “PM2.5,” directly into the lungs of human volunteers who were not properly advised of the risks.

“It is difficult to overstate the atrocity of this research. EPA parked a truck’s exhaust pipe directly beneath an intake pipe on the side of a building. The exhaust was sucked into the pipe, mixed with some additional air and then piped directly into the lungs of the human subjects,” said ATI Environmental Law Center Director Dr. David Schnare.

--

Scientific assessments of PM2.5 conducted in 2004 and 2009 by the EPA determined there is no safe level of exposure. Nevertheless, the EPA pumped it directly into the lungs of humans, including an obese volunteer and a volunteer with chronic asthma.

The EPA violated numerous federal laws by failing to properly inform volunteers of the risks or that the EPA has previously determined their level of exposure to PM2.5 was potentially lethal. Additionally, the experiments violate federal laws requiring the potential benefits to the subjects outweigh the risks to the subjects.​
Does this sound like an agency that believes its accountable to anyone?

I don't perceive any overstep, I'm confident higher courts will confirm this and overrule the radical virginia judicial attempt to legislate from the bench upon appeal.

Naturally. All hail Government, the true god of the people!

I wonder if you even know what county in Virginia is in that article.

There is a great victory for Virginia. That runoff isn't just water and it really screws up those creeks. These aren't creeks like in the mountains, they are estuary creeks that supply the food chain for what was once one of the most productive fishing areas in the world. Those creeks then flow into the Potomac River. How many people in that area use herbicides and insecticides on their lawns? The water around those kind of Creeks doesn't flow right to the Chesapeake Bay, they flow into a tidal marsh that supports the food chain.

Unless things are drastically changed, they won't have to worry about runoff in the future, because that area will be underwater.
Obama stopped the rising of the seas, remember? :lol:

Another right-winger lying his ass off! How much of total agriculture using nitrogen and phosphorus that flows into the Mississippi is involved in making ethanol? Well, you don't have to worry about the Mississippi, it's dried up, so when you are paying more for your food, keep trying to get us to import more foreign oil, too. Show them your posts and maybe they'll give you a discount!

"Not believing leftist bullshit" =/= "lying". I know that confuses you guys.

I don't have to lie. I just have to point out the consequences of the policies you promote. You don't like it? Tough shit.

Dead zone in gulf linked to ethanol production - SFGate
Each year, nitrogen used to fertilize corn, about a third of which is made into ethanol, leaches from Midwest croplands into the Mississippi River and out into the gulf, where the fertilizer feeds giant algae blooms. As the algae dies, it settles to the ocean floor and decays, consuming oxygen and suffocating marine life.
Known as hypoxia, the oxygen depletion kills shrimp, crabs, worms and anything else that cannot escape. The dead zone has doubled since the 1980s and is expected this year to grow as large as 8,500 square miles and hug the Gulf Coast from Alabama to Texas.

--

Corn is biggest culprit
The gulf dead zone is the second-largest in the world, after one in the Baltic Sea. Scientists say the biggest culprit is industrial-scale corn production. Corn growers are heavy users of both nitrogen and pesticides. Vast monocultures of corn and soybeans, both subsidized by the federal government, have displaced diversified farms and grasslands throughout the Mississippi Basin.

"The subsidies are driving farmers toward more corn," said Gene Turner, a zoologist at Louisiana State University. "More nitrate comes off corn fields than it does off of any other crop by far. And nitrogen is driving the formation of the dead zone."

Study: Ethanol Production Consumes Six Units Of Energy To Produce Just One | Energy Bulletin
Patzek's ethanol critique began during a freshman seminar he taught in which he and his students calculated the energy balance of the biofuel. Taking into account the energy required to grow the corn and convert it into ethanol, they determined that burning the biofuel as a gasoline additive actually results in a net energy loss of 65 percent. Later, Patzek says he realized the loss is much more than that even.

"Limiting yourself to the energy balance, and within that balance, just the fossil fuel used, is just scraping the surface of the problem," he says. "Corn is not 'free energy.'"

Recently, Patzek published a fifty-page study on the subject in the journal Critical Reviews in Plant Science. This time, he factored in the myriad energy inputs required by industrial agriculture, from the amount of fuel used to produce fertilizers and corn seeds to the transportation and wastewater disposal costs. All told, he believes that the cumulative energy consumed in corn farming and ethanol production is six times greater than what the end product provides your car engine in terms of power.​

And you are engaging in an Ad Hominem fallacy which not only belittles your own intelligence in the eyes of other readers, it also reiterates that you are an ideological zealot whose opinions and claims should always be subject to skepticism.

Forum List

Back